Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ajs regal raptor dd125e

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  
chaza This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 31 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you really using it for racing? Or would this be better posted in "General Bike Chat"

That aside, I would guess at about 60mph.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:05 - 31 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste for admin. Razz

chaza
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:26 - 01 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.
No I'm not using it for racing, it was a general enquiry. It's a v twin si I just wanted to know so I knew it was working as it should.
Your right I should have been in a different catagory, I wasn't sure.
Thanks again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 01 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaza wrote:
It's a v twin

Are you sure about that? I thought all the Raptor twins were parallel?

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 15:32 - 03 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parallel twin Benly motor. Or Snowie's was.

Double-Nickle..... 55mph flat out... regardless.

For complience with Chinese domestic regulations.
You might eek a couple more umphs out of it, gearing it up... have 'fun' trying to get chain and sprockets to do that BTW!
But it needs more power to go faster, more than anything.
Made mostly on obsolete Honda Rebel tooling, it doesn't even have the stomp of that original, which otmh was only about 10bhp.... and will still struggle to get you past 60, down hill, with a tail wind, if you were't spread out like a human parachute on them wide ape-hangers.

FUN... I have to admit.... Snowie's worked, and worked remarkeably reliably with little rattling loose or falling off along the way for almost three years.... though it did sort of do a moldy cheese act in UK rain... but Fun... you HAD to ride the ruddy thingf flat-out almost anywhere.... and with stupidly big back tyre made of recycled water-butts I think, you were never entirely sure it was going to go where you sort of pointed it..... but that was sort of part of the 'fun'....

Main fun was the fact it started on the button every time, and wafted past petrol stations with a cheeky grin....

Other than that, it was rather lardy ho-hum commuter wheels, that even the solvol queen here gave up trying to keep shiny; that was great for getting too and from work on 30 and 40 limited roads, rather scary trying to not get an Audi Enema on the by-pass, if you didn't mind folk pointing and laughing, that it was NOT a harley, and most definitely not a big bike, and the rust-a-lot looks did nothing to kid any-one otherwise.... especially when there was an L-Plate on the back!

Stick petrol in it, ride it... get a full licence... hope some-one is daft enough or desperate enough to give you cash money for it when you are done..... and try and enjoy wafting past petrol stations in the mean time.... FAST is it not!

And why the heck is this post in "Racing and Track-Days"?!?!?!?

Add on edd:- Faster than a marow-dugh? This is sort of 'reletive' and its not so much which is faster as which is minutely less slow... they are both slow bikes, in a world of slow Learner-Legal bikes.. its like asking which is faster... a ride on lawn mower or an electric golf cart!

Little illustration; down a local country lane, with 30 & 40mph speed limits every village.... I've kept pace with an FZ600 on a 125 Super-Dream.. he'd nail it out the villages, and I'd catch him come the next set of bends.... point-to-point over about forteen miles, we arrived at the T-Junction at the end, close enough together, that which one of us was first to the petrol-pump was largely down to who risked the smaller gap in the traffic on the cross-roads..... NOT the size of hole where fire happens in the engine.....

If over such a respectable distance, there's bog all between a 75+bhp 600 and 12bhp learner-legal, what do you think the difference would be between two over-weight 10/11bhp 125's neither with any particular measure of 'handling' about them?

Answer is that the quicker one will be the one with the better/braver/dafter rider...

A-N-D if this sort of schit is in anyway relevent, let alone important to you, you have R-E-A-L-L-Y gone and got yourself the wrong kind of bike!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1