Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2018 rsv 1100 tuono review

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: 2018 rsv 1100 tuono review Reply with quote

soo...

been off bcf for a while fixing my god awful life...

bare drama
now meh drama

anywho...

reivew time...

broken back meant the vtr had to be retired, couldn't ride it anymore it was just awful.

mostly working so commuting was handed over to the car instead...but hankering for bike meant i had to look again.

https://i.imgur.com/dulrkEX.jpg Laughing Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/pkL23e7.jpg

18 plate rsv 1100 tuono.. absolute monster!!

fair few twistys and A roads where it seemed to be in its element, city riding is a big no go, even in road mode it feels awful, low down under 4k rpm is hell.. throttle is twitchy as fuck and it doesnt feel great.. especially when youre planning to have a hoon.. anti wheelie and traction control on you can say goodbye to quickly nipping round cars or quick sprints in town or city.

open road.. shove it in track move and have a blast! traction control i found best at about 3-4 and anti wheelie on 1 which doesnt allow you to flip it in 1st and 2nd but power in 3rd and 4th youll find your front wheel not on the floor.

i find anti wheelie did kick in a lot more than i would like, especially off the lights when you want to give it a bit of a shifty so you seem to race off then slow massively then get going again.. bit awkward but get used to it.

race mode...

is not used much because my words when i tried it.. "fuck that shit" suicide on wheels pretty much, reduces engine braking massively just raw power..

turn anti wheelie off.. traction control to 2 in track and enjoy the front lift all the way to 4th with decent throttle.

mpg isnt too bad at a cruise but once giving it some it does drop somewhat

sound is imense even with a stock can, mostly the engine noise itself makes me a bit moist.

handling.. cant fault it.. few squiggles here and there, abs helps a lot but not if its turned right up it almost doesnt want you to stop.

comfort is meh.. seem to sit on the bike looking over it towards the floor im only 6ft (minus some spine) and it feels semi cramped but not too bad, pretty high but i do have short legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdciWe0D_I

id recommend it to anyone who either: is dying, doesn't mind dying or has no use for their license anymore.. just not if you have to ride round citys or towns all day

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:13 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've bought this?

If you wanted to die that much, wouldn't it have been cheaper to just get someone to run you over properly? Laughing

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

If you wanted to die that much, wouldn't it have been cheaper to just get someone to run you over properly? Laughing

jesus stink Laughing Laughing Laughing

bit brutal there

forgot to mention i turned impulsive.. i got ducks.. and chickens too...
and multiple tattoos..

what happened to me Laughing

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

so did you buy it? with your quadraspaz cash?
Bennetty This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:03 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bennetty wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

wtf?

ride_to_die
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:27 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bennetty wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Eh?

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 02:17 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually a little dissapointed by this review, I was kinda hoping it would be a much more road friendly version on the rsv4.
Low speed and traffic is also that bikes Achilles heel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 04 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave2k wrote:
I'm actually a little dissapointed by this review, I was kinda hoping it would be a much more road friendly version on the rsv4.
Low speed and traffic is also that bikes Achilles heel.

it really isnt a road friendly bike tbh, it would destroy on the track, it doesnt seem to have a smooth throttle, its pretty much all or nothing except at 80mph where its 80 or 100 no real inbetween.

its fucking fun! but the fun wore off fast and it became a fight

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 18:16 - 04 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually test rode one myself last week, totally agree with the throttle.

Comfort wise it wasn't bad, but not so much more so than the RSV4.

I actually preferred the RSV4, throttle is still annoying on that too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 04 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave2k wrote:
I actually test rode one myself last week, totally agree with the throttle.

Comfort wise it wasn't bad, but not so much more so than the RSV4.

I actually preferred the RSV4, throttle is still annoying on that too.

Race ECU or map it will sort the low speed running. Lean as hell due to Euro 4. Your crappy yank "fuel" probably doesn't help.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 04 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is disappointing as the tuono twin was absolutely fine about town. A little lumpy maybe but nothing hard to manage. I loved that bike.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 04 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgm wrote:
That is disappointing as the tuono twin was absolutely fine about town. A little lumpy maybe but nothing hard to manage. I loved that bike.

I found my RSV Mille perfectly rideable around town. Some people are just Doris's.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1