Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Summer 2018 - Which trackdays are you doing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:41 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Never done the GP.... unsure if the straight bits are any good.

The GP is overall a nicer track.

However, not up to other tracks - say Cadwell or Anglesey.

I quite like the Indy because it's good for honing skills - quick laptime and a few corners means you can really focus on specific aspects rather than remembering which corner you're at.

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:31 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
RedPanda wrote:
Brands GP on July 3rd. I've been a spectator at Brands as long as I can remember so I cannot wait to finally steam down into Hawthorn, especially after a breakdown forced me to miss a booked day in 2016.

What you in, novice or inters?

Never done the GP.... unsure if the straight bits are any good.

Novice, I'm hiring a CBR so will take it fairly easy until I'm used to handling horsepower again. It's £229 if you're interested, not cheap but I've picked a day with only 3 groups so about 30 minutes more track time. I'm sure I could get moved to Inters if I ask.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:07 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt there will be any last minute spaces, but might see how it's looking nearer the time.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booked for June 17th classic bike track day at Cadwell on the Powervalve.
Never been on a classic bike one has anyone here?
Hope its full of old duffers on years old singles that will make me still look fast Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:02 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

£229 is too much, get cracking deals on other days for <£130 Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

And yes - the track rider that's experienced with late braking and braking while leant over I would say is much more likely to be able to cope in unexpected situations where sudden action is needed mid-corner, than the rider that always practices not doing that.

if your brake mid corner .. you have not read the road correctly .. recipe for disaster ...

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Git Racing wrote:
Booked for June 17th classic bike track day at Cadwell on the Powervalve.
Never been on a classic bike one has anyone here?
Hope its full of old duffers on years old singles that will make me still look fast Laughing

Done it past four years, there both days on my 400 and YR5.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:40 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
G wrote:

And yes - the track rider that's experienced with late braking and braking while leant over I would say is much more likely to be able to cope in unexpected situations where sudden action is needed mid-corner, than the rider that always practices not doing that.

if your brake mid corner .. you have not read the road correctly .. recipe for disaster ...

So you've never made a mistake on the road? Never found a tractor on your line? Never had a car cross to your side of the road because he overcooked it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

So you've never made a mistake on the road? Never found a tractor on your line? Never had a car cross to your side of the road because he overcooked it?

Don’t be silly, he’s one of those hi vis know it alls who thinks you can predict every singe occurrence.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:14 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:

If you think the only thing likely to cause you to need to brake is the geometry of the corner on the road (and other static variables, such as pot holes), quite likely you're going to come a'cropper at some point.

Okay, if the curve of the road is unexpected, you've really messed up.

But there's lots of other things that can happen that I don't believe you can reasonably account for. For instance a wheel may come off a car, or debris blow off the back of a pickup. An animal could jump out from woods to the side, or even a branch could fall.

Which aspects of road riding do you enjoy?

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT200Fan79 wrote:

Great stuff, be good to put a face to the name. Tried the old leathers today, a bit on the snug side, must have shrunk.

OGR.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:12 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same like last year.. none.

I just don't have time to ride.. work, kids.. I sometimes ride on the road if I get lucky with the weather on sundays.

I keep promising to myself that next year I'll be doing track days again, but realistically I'm just too busy with other stuff. Good that I still have a bike at all. Last year mileage 1.3k (just had MOT done and that's what it shows) Neutral

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:44 - 11 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy and anyone interested – I’ve booked Brands GP again for Monday 3rd September (£179 with MSV).

My dad’s joining so I’ll be in the novices again. Speed-wise it’s where I belong to be honest although I did get my knee down in a really pathetic fashion at Druids last week. I think the GP circuit is worth the extra money.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:12 - 11 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedPanda wrote:
Paddy and anyone interested – I’ve booked Brands GP again for Monday 3rd September (£179 with MSV).

My dad’s joining so I’ll be in the novices again. Speed-wise it’s where I belong to be honest although I did get my knee down in a really pathetic fashion at Druids last week. I think the GP circuit is worth the extra money.

Hmm, tempting...

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:56 - 11 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah man... I can't get September off, especially the beginning Sad Otherwise I'd be on that!

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:30 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Ah man... I can't get September off, especially the beginning Sad Otherwise I'd be on that!

This will have to be my last of the year I'm afraid. Next year let's sort something when the dates are announced, put it in here & the SE forum and I reckon we can get enough of us to fill a garage.

Marjay, let me know if you book 3/9!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:10 - 13 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be tempted by this if weather is good:
Saturday 28 July Lydden £99.00

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:59 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Ah, a date I could do. Sounds great.

Then I ride to work today and bikes making a fuck ton of noise and a weird misfire and I can feel some weird donking in my left foot peg. Neutral

Great.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:58 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

I'm away oop-north that day. Sad

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 25 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I'll have my first experience on track this Friday evening at Rockingham. I Just looked for the cheapest and closest thing I could find, it was £45 for an evening session.

I'm a bit nervous about it but from what I've seen on youtube I should be okay. So long as the gasket for the original exhaust arrives in time and they don't mind the rear panel/s missing. Oh and the thunderstorm that's supposed to arrive there then Smile

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting stuck in again this year at Rockingham friday evening, sleep in the van and rock(ingham) on through satardays track day!

Just put on some new(er) super corsa's and prepped for a dry evening so it better not be raining!

Open Pit lane at Snetterton on the 14'th august as well... Really let myself go though, will need to go running every damned day between now and then to get the most out of the open pit... Brick Wall

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:49 - 27 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just booked Mallory again for the 3rd of August

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Git Racing wrote:
GT200Fan79 wrote:

Great stuff, be good to put a face to the name. Tried the old leathers today, a bit on the snug side, must have shrunk.

OGR.

We never did touch base but I saw you out there on the YR5, pretty impressive. there's a video on you tube of it. You figure in it quite a bit, VFR 400 with a rear facing camera. Dude must have had his gopro on upside down but its ok if you turn the computer over Smile

OGR.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Git Racing wrote:

We never did touch base but I saw you out there on the YR5, pretty impressive. there's a video on you tube of it. You figure in it quite a bit, VFR 400 with a rear facing camera. Dude must have had his gopro on upside down but its ok if you turn the computer over Smile

OGR.

Yeah sorry about that, I got pretty wrapped up in what I was doing and didn’t wander round much during the day. Both bikes went well, I’m taking the YR5 to the IOM in a couple of weeks, then she’s coming apart so I can do some more tuning and sort the pipes out.

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 07 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snetterton 13/08 evening and 14'th day (open pit lane).
Silverstone (GP) 5'th Sept (full day).

Heads up though, Silver Stone, 5'th sept is going for £105 with Focused events at the moment. Very cheap, would 110% recommend! Thumbs Up Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 235 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2