Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

KTM Superduke 1290 GT.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

KTMTony
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:15 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: KTM Superduke 1290 GT. Reply with quote

Well after some time away from bikes I decided I needed another in my life. Being a GSX-R nut over the years and owned a few of them. The last one being a K5 1000. Most of the guys I ride with have sold their sports bikes and bought the likes of the GS 1200 Adventure. Not being my cup of tea I opted for the KTM. An upright lunatic. It’s not delivered yet but I’m waiting on it arriving on the 7th of June. I honestly can’t wait to get some miles on it. Smile

https://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/tonygalbraith/62419A3B-6F10-4B21-915A-F3B0726B18CE_zpsvactjbcm.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:26 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allah grant that you be a KTM rider more often than a KTM owner.

KTMTony
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:41 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Allah grant that you be a KTM rider more often than a KTM owner.

Here's Hoping.

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 31 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a bit like my new (to me) beast..

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/5010/Jm4Ax9.jpg

It wears a screen a bit better than my mates SE

https://imageshack.com/a/img921/8209/SkHIyz.jpg

I'm sure you will love the mid range shove on these things. Twisted Evil Thumbs Up

KTMTony
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 01 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
Looks a bit like my new (to me) beast..

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/5010/Jm4Ax9.jpg

It wears a screen a bit better than my mates SE

https://imageshack.com/a/img921/8209/SkHIyz.jpg

I'm sure you will love the mid range shove on these things. Twisted Evil Thumbs Up

Very similar bud. Cracking choice. How was the GP1r for fitting? That’s my next mod when it arrives. I’ve also pm’d you on the ktm forum too Smile I’ve a Puig screen for it as well it’s slightly bigger and tinted.

KTMTony
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 01 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that’s it sitting in Hunts Motorcycles in Manchester prepped and serviced all ready for delivery next Thursday. Tail tidy is on it also. I don’t think I’ll get much sleep before it arrives. Smile

https://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/tonygalbraith/44C64528-9148-4511-82CA-F1E96F67A8E3_zpsdmjt4gby.jpg
https://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/tonygalbraith/FC4C7C49-B7EA-46AA-A49F-D15CD16B3F27_zpsjxattjhg.jpg
https://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/tonygalbraith/85B63649-7BE8-4558-858C-D83635E18CF4_zpslw2m1lp8.jpg

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 01 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropageardisappear wrote:

Very similar bud. Cracking choice. How was the GP1r for fitting? That’s my next mod when it arrives.

It looks like a very easy fit and is really quite loud for a slip-on with the cat in place, I've only had the bike a week so it came pretty much as-is, except I have moved the strips from about the middle of the word Angel.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/5043/5rpKKl.jpg

KTMTony
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 01 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
Dropageardisappear wrote:

Very similar bud. Cracking choice. How was the GP1r for fitting? That’s my next mod when it arrives.

It looks like a very easy fit and is really quite loud for a slip-on with the cat in place, I've only had the bike a week so it came pretty much as-is, except I have moved the strips from about the middle of the word Angel.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/5043/5rpKKl.jpg

Proper job.

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:46 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

Not that it needs more power but the full system is the way to go if you really want to open the taps.

I’ve done circa 7k miles of fair weather weekend riding and a track day since getting my SDR in September. Looking forward to Germany in a few weeks!
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KTMTony
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAMSXR wrote:
Very nice.

Not that it needs more power but the full system is the way to go if you really want to open the taps.

I’ve done circa 7k miles of fair weather weekend riding and a track day since getting my SDR in September. Looking forward to Germany in a few weeks!

Sounds good. I’ll look into a full system maybe next year there isn’t many places where I live to sort any fault codes it may throw up taking the exhaust valves off and having to map it for the full system too. The 173hp will do for the moment. Smile it’s more the noise of the full system I’m looking forward to. It really doesn’t need anymore grunt.

willis1337
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 07:26 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope today goes well :up:

fireyphoenix1...
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 08:59 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridden my friends one twice. Awesome bit of kit well out of my budget tho. Its like a GS adventure but with much more capability in faster corners.

Also KTMs have been much more reliable in recent years, out of the guys i know a 1290R on 40K + miles
1290 super adventure S on 14K miles
1190 adventure on 32K miles
RC390 on 15K miles

All with no major issues, that said all the bikes are still imo still basically "new" how they will be in ten years is another issue. Thumbs Up

stonesie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:57 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all you want is noise then keep the Akrapovic, ditch the cat and have it flashed. Most de-cats will come with a little cam to fool the exhaust flap motor into thinking everything is normal. Or haltech do an exhaust valve eliminator dongle.

Mines loud enough for me with that tiny can and the cat though... Must be getting old.

KTMTony
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:43 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:
If all you want is noise then keep the Akrapovic, ditch the cat and have it flashed. Most de-cats will come with a little cam to fool the exhaust flap motor into thinking everything is normal. Or haltech do an exhaust valve eliminator dongle.

Mines loud enough for me with that tiny can and the cat though... Must be getting old.

AR can arrived today just in time as the bike arrives at 3. I’ll see how it sounds with the Akra first. The AR is nice though.

KTMTony
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Akra wasn’t very noisy and a pain in the tits to get the baffle out where the nut is so close to the wheel. AR can is on and it sounds amazing!! I actually jumped turning it on in the garage Smile

KTMTony
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted a larger Puig screen to it as well. Better wind protection off it for sure.

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don’t need the extra power from a full system but the extra midrange grunt and top end thrust is pretty exhilarating!
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 323 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1