Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Parcel tracking

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

andym
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Parcel tracking Reply with quote

I decided to buy a cheap 3d printer kit from ebay to have a little mess around, it was supposed to arrive last weekend and still isn't here.

I've contacted the seller and he's given me a tracking code: CJ735231896DE and says to contact DHL to find out what's happening with it..... I got a reply from DHL today stating they can't find any details on their system with that tracking number, my name or address.

Doing a search on just the tracking number on google directs me to www.trackortrace.com and that comes up with the DHL logo.

I'm trying to figure out if this is some sort of scam and should I just get ebay involved
____________________
Moto Roma Wasp, Intruder 125, XJ600 Diversion, GPz 750r, zxr 750 H1, vfr750, CBR600f, ZX9R
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk..... alcoholics go to meetings
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
Nearly there...



Joined: 20 May 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:12 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before assuming it's dodgy, have you pointed out to the seller that his tracking number doesn't work?
____________________
KC100->CB100N->CB250RS--------->DL650AL2 + R1200RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:14 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk

Open an eBay case and see what happens.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:15 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get ebay involved straight away if it's well past the arrival date.

Initially they just inform the seller you haven't received anything but coming from them seems to kick their arses with a bit more vigour than your metaphorical boot.

Edited to say - beaten to it by Ste Evil or Very Mad Laughing
____________________
Triumph Trophy Launch Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world's smallest violin player, just for you!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to buy a boot lock for my car in April off eBay about 6 plus post.
It was Easter week and the parcel never arrived on the day expected. I was leaving UK on the Friday so a later post was no use.
I contacted the cnut listed as the seller. I think he was at a kids party as the music and noise meant the call was difficult. I think the cnut was African. English-ish accent. Possibly Somalia.
Anyway it never arrived so i wanted to get my cash back.
This initiated repeated messages from the seller to re-write my negative feedback.
He even used blackmail to suggest he'd refund me if I changed the feedback.
I got my cash back and left my feedback as it was.
EBay is still full of cnuts.
You have to wait so many days to open dispute. It make the deal in the sellers favour. EBay take the cash immediately but make buyers wait for cash back.
Get into their mince Big Yin.
____________________
Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:50 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it's legit, DHL might not be using that CJ735231896DE number, as it's shipped from Germany, they often put their own numbers on packages when they arrive in the UK when they are taking over from another international courier.

The site seems fine, getting Ebay involved at this point might help, but I personally think you'll get the package pretty soon. The address problem is usually a lazy driver wanting to get home early and so logs it as that. Common shit from these zero hour workers sadly.
____________________
struan80 - I'll go first - satisfied tick 1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I tried to buy a boot lock for my car in April off eBay about 6 plus post.
It was Easter week and the parcel never arrived on the day expected. I was leaving UK on the Friday so a later post was no use.
I contacted the cnut listed as the seller. I think he was at a kids party as the music and noise meant the call was difficult. I think the cnut was African. English-ish accent. Possibly Somalia.
Anyway it never arrived so i wanted to get my cash back.
This initiated repeated messages from the seller to re-write my negative feedback.
He even used blackmail to suggest he'd refund me if I changed the feedback.
I got my cash back and left my feedback as it was.
EBay is still full of cnuts.
You have to wait so many days to open dispute. It make the deal in the sellers favour. EBay take the cash immediately but make buyers wait for cash back.
Get into their mince Big Yin.


Apart from cunty buyers who try to scam, as sellers can't leave negative feedback to tell people.

Sold a graphics card to a foreigner, next thing he comes back saying it's faulty, wants full refund, nothing else will do. Asked him for proof and photos of the faulty card, and told him that once I I've tested it, if it is faulty, he'll get a refund, otherwise he's not getting a full one.

Next thing is it's working fine, no issue, his mistake etc. But my 200 is tied up in PayPal until buyer accepts that refund no longer required. Which he wouldn't close the case.

Protip - photos of all serial numbers and markings on devices helps to prevent them sending you broken ones back instead of your fully functioning goods.
____________________
http://imgur.com/a/9DUAd
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:16 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a German DHL tracking number morph into Parcel Force or Royal Mail here - try it on those tracking sites.
They might have left it with a neighbour, or a similar sounding address 200 miles away
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:02 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
MCN wrote:
I tried to buy a boot lock for my car in April off eBay about 6 plus post.
It was Easter week and the parcel never arrived on the day expected. I was leaving UK on the Friday so a later post was no use.
I contacted the cnut listed as the seller. I think he was at a kids party as the music and noise meant the call was difficult. I think the cnut was African. English-ish accent. Possibly Somalia.
Anyway it never arrived so i wanted to get my cash back.
This initiated repeated messages from the seller to re-write my negative feedback.
He even used blackmail to suggest he'd refund me if I changed the feedback.
I got my cash back and left my feedback as it was.
EBay is still full of cnuts.
You have to wait so many days to open dispute. It make the deal in the sellers favour. EBay take the cash immediately but make buyers wait for cash back.
Get into their mince Big Yin.


Apart from cunty buyers who try to scam, as sellers can't leave negative feedback to tell people.

Sold a graphics card to a foreigner, next thing he comes back saying it's faulty, wants full refund, nothing else will do. Asked him for proof and photos of the faulty card, and told him that once I I've tested it, if it is faulty, he'll get a refund, otherwise he's not getting a full one.

Next thing is it's working fine, no issue, his mistake etc. But my 200 is tied up in PayPal until buyer accepts that refund no longer required. Which he wouldn't close the case.

Protip - photos of all serial numbers and markings on devices helps to prevent them sending you broken ones back instead of your fully functioning goods.


I think it may be chicken and egg. Maybe there were more scammy sellers. Who knows.

I think it should be a factor in one's business model if you are selling on eBay.
I think for the 'retailers' there is much less 'shop-lifting' to deal with and finance. Smile
____________________
Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:04 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
I've seen a German DHL tracking number morph into Parcel Force or Royal Mail here - try it on those tracking sites.
They might have left it with a neighbour, or a similar sounding address 200 miles away


My understanding with post/courier services is that the receiver cannot or is a bit less able to trace a lost parcel. The sender has more control over it.
I was advised of that a few years ago by the courier.

Maybe she was trying to get me off the phone though. Smile
____________________
Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stephen_o
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:42 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a seller, the seller absolutely has tracking available to him/her and can escalate if something is not delivered in the timescale. I have used DHL to ship from the UK to Germany and the service took 3 days including being picked up from my shop and delivered to the customer. When the item arrived at the German delivery hub I received several automated emails telling me the virtual exact location of the parcel. It is for this reason that sellers now must provide the customers email and/or mobile number.

If it is over the delivery date even by 1 day bring Ebay in - they will act.
____________________
Cbt 26/09/11 Mod 1 Pass 02/04/12 Mod 2 Pass 18/04/12 Previous Bikes 1979 Honda C50 1988-1990, 1991 Honda CG125 (2011 to 2012), 1994 Kawasaki GPZ500S (2012 to 2017), current scoot 2009 Yamaha YBR250 + Current Pootle 2013 Nissan Leaf
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:54 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a dickhead buyer who's either broken it or just doesn't know to use whatever it is and they're after a refund, phone eBay customer services before the buyer opens a case on eBay.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andym
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:12 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to wait the 8 days before ebay step in now, but the seller has almost 100k sales. The only reason I chose that one (apart from the price) was the advert said the seller was based in London, but his profile says he's based in China.... but the printer is being sent from Germany Confused
____________________
Moto Roma Wasp, Intruder 125, XJ600 Diversion, GPz 750r, zxr 750 H1, vfr750, CBR600f, ZX9R
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk..... alcoholics go to meetings
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:42 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:
I've got to wait the 8 days before ebay step in now, but the seller has almost 100k sales. The only reason I chose that one (apart from the price) was the advert said the seller was based in London, but his profile says he's based in China.... but the printer is being sent from Germany Confused


That. Is exactly the reason sellers on ebay are fair game to be blasted.

Ebay is corrupted by cheats and swindlers on both sides.

I hope you review the fcuk out of the seller to help other buyers avoid similar hassle.
____________________
Disclaimer: The comments above may be predicted text and not necessarily the opinion of MCN.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:50 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why people are reluctant to use the mechanism that eBay provides for dispute resolution. Always open a case ASAP.

If you've got one of those German-Chinese-British sellers, the best result is that the item shows up but they don't have tracking for it. Enjoy your free stuff, as per rants passim.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:39 - 10 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It tracks fine, it's a seller in Germany so track via dhl.de . There is an address error so contact the seller and get them to check they have sent it to the correct address.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

andym
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:57 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update on this.... the parcel has been found at a UKMail depot Rolling Eyes

I've been in contact with them, gave them a different number the seller sent in their last message.... and I found out what the error was.... they didn't include my flat number in the address.... hopefully it should be delivered by Friday
____________________
Moto Roma Wasp, Intruder 125, XJ600 Diversion, GPz 750r, zxr 750 H1, vfr750, CBR600f, ZX9R
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk..... alcoholics go to meetings
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andym
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:31 - 15 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final update on this thread.... because of all the messing around and the idiotic seller not being able to put the correct address on the label, UKMail decided to return it to the sender today rather than drive it the few miles to my home Evil or Very Mad
____________________
Moto Roma Wasp, Intruder 125, XJ600 Diversion, GPz 750r, zxr 750 H1, vfr750, CBR600f, ZX9R
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk..... alcoholics go to meetings
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: discovery (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 6.84 - MySQL Queries: 17 - CDN Objects: 51 - Page Size: 111.82 Kb