Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 29 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Only to Battletech nerds I guess... But if there is a market for Pacific Rim then there is a market for a Battletech movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrMOLvPJ0Pg

That was quite good, flawed but good. A fresh Madcat being taken out by an AC5, nah. With a bigger budget and 90 minutes of viewing time to fill, it would have been awesome.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:54 - 29 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacific Rim: United Colours of Benetton 4/10

No really, it's hilarious:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4769/25009916197_57037eca01_b.jpg

...particularly as the original already had a mixed cast Brick Wall The dialogue was 'cinema humour', so if your IQ's in the triple digits you'll find it moronic and get bored.

The really bad news is they seem to have setup a sequel Neutral Why does Hollywood always do this when they pump out the occasional good film (like the original), they have to ruin everything by going for a shit trilogy Rolling Eyes

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 29 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time - 10/10

Might be a soppy git but I adore this film. It's so well made, well scripted and hits you right in the feels. Time traveling story about life.

Thoroughly recommend, and if you don't like it then you're dead inside

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 29 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ chick flick about a guy who keeps sneaking off to knock one out in a cupboard Very Happy

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 29 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
^ chick flick about a guy who keeps sneaking off to knock one out in a cupboard Very Happy

Indeed... I love this chick flick.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:07 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
The really bad news is they seem to have setup a sequel Neutral Why does Hollywood always do this when they pump out the occasional good film (like the original), they have to ruin everything by going for a shit trilogy Rolling Eyes

Bwahahaha! The first one, 'good'? Hahahahaha. Stop, it hurts!

It was freaking awful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
M.C wrote:

It was freaking awful.

I would have classed it as a mediocre adolescents film.

Bearable as long as you didn't start thinking.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:43 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

It was freaking awful.

I believe - because I'm charitable - that it was deliberately full retard, in the vein of badly translated classic kaiju flicks.

That's cute once.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 30 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
M.C wrote:

It was freaking awful.

Compared to the transformers movies it was a masterpiece Wink

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:18 - 01 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Huntsman: Winter's War 1/10

In my defence, it had the fat one from Spaced, that Taffy lad, and the receptionist lass from The Muppets (2011).

I'm just going to say it: Hawk the Slayer, with a budget.

The receptionist does a decently regal turn, imagining herself to be in a much better film, and Thor, mate, is... well, he's in it. But then there's this tired worn out reeeeereeally old ginger tart who's butchering a truly manky Scotch accent while beating up men three times her size, as you do, and being, on an objective analysis, stupendously thick and petty

I mean, if you're going to feature a femanist fantasy character, why does she need a man to explain the bleedin' obvious to her, and be the adult in the relationship who deals with her childish tantrums and makes amends over and over for things that he hasn't done?

It's not fun, and any mindless entertainment value is bludgeoned out of it by its clumsy plot, characterisation and casting, including the tediously inevitable infestation of Brand Nubians into a Euro-Nordic milieu.

Don't. Just don't.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 03 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shop lifters 6 or 7/10
Heard Palme d’Or news and went watching today.
Story of shoplifting family. I liked acting of Ando Sakura.
As a Japanese I could enjoy this film so so level, not a bad film.
But not so good as "moving" or "touching" or "exciting".
I don't know why this won Palme d’Or.
There were some sexy scenes(especially girl one) so watching this with your family(kids) is not suggested by me.
- - -
[spoiler]
One thing annoyed me as hell is the scene girl working at a certain place shows a satisfaction feeling when she gets home after a certain event. Even I felt it so wrong (weird?) or rather creepy. I can't believe westerner didn't while even I did.
I hear Europe and US are strictly against that kind of scenes.
Females doing those jobs would never feel like that. Eww

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 09 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

211 is Californian Police speak for a bank robbery.

Nic Cage in fine form, back on top to his glory days of Gone in 60 seconds and The Rock. Enjoyable heist film, think HEAT but a bit better, based on true events. Enjoyed this film, one of Cage's better performances. A solid 8/10.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 11 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom and Dad

Another win for Nic Cage, he's back on form. World-wide phenomenon whereby parents cannot supress the urge to kill their kids. A fun mayhem induced film. Sort of like home alone on steroids. 9.5/10

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 11 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Evil - 4.5/10

A comedy/horror film about a lad who marries a woman to only find out his new step child is a antichrist. The whole plot is quite idiotic, but the cast was very well put together, it had some good comedy bits and it was just about the right length for such film. Adam Scott, always lovely Evangeline Lilly and even Tyler Labine got a bit in this.

Good but nothing I'd watch twice, though.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 19:51 - 11 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

Nic Cage in fine form, back on top to his glory days of Gone in 60 seconds and The Rock. Enjoyable heist film, think HEAT but a bit better, based on true events. Enjoyed this film, one of Cage's better performances. A solid 8/10.

Holy shit a Cage film with an 8/10.... you've got my attention there, going to go check it out

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 11 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Holy shit a Cage film with an 8/10.... you've got my attention there, going to go check it out

My next review was

Mom and Dad

Another win for Nic Cage, he's back on form. World-wide phenomenon whereby parents cannot supress the urge to kill their kids. A fun mayhem induced film. Sort of like home alone on steroids. 9.5/10

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 12 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacific Rim 2.

2/10

It is a terrible movie, corny cheesy and over the top and I have been in one of those moods today where I just did not want to think. Movie was great for that, just switch the brain off and watch robots killing a big fucking monster.

Still a terrible movie though, only got the 2 points because of my current funk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

diesel dog
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 08:12 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to talk to girls at Parties

0/10

Utter drivel. Do not waste your time and how IMDb gave it 5.9/10 clearly shows that drugs are baddddd.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:01 - 13 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy's Home 1 - 7.5 / 10
Daddy's Home 2 - 5 /10

Watched them both yesterday. I thought they were pretty funny. First one was better.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 16 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 12th Man

True story of 12 Norwegian WW2 saboteurs, 11 got captured by the Nazi's and their Gruppenführer played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers. The 12th man is the true account of his evade and run escapade to neutral territory. I've made it sound a bit shit but truth be told it was a gripping story and worthy of 2 hours. 8.5/10

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 17 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

^ LOL
I watched this based on the 8/10, I'd say 5.5 max, they could have done much better. Heat was a lot better from memory, but I watched it about 15y ago. At least it was only about 1hr20.

No where near as bad as Vice with Bruce Willis though so not a complete waste.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 17 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Heat was a lot better from memory, but I watched it about 15y ago. At least it was only about 1hr20.

I guess it's just opinion at the end of the day, one mans trash is another's treasure. I rated the film as it was a good film and Nic played a blinder.

HKP I'd be interested in what you thought of the 12th man if you ever get around to watching it.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Heat was a lot better from memory, but I watched it about 15y ago. At least it was only about 1hr20.

I guess it's just opinion at the end of the day, one mans trash is another's treasure. I rated the film as it was a good film and Nic played a blinder.

HKP I'd be interested in what you thought of the 12th man if you ever get around to watching it.

Thinking not sure I've seen that, IMDB seems to like so I'll report back after homework.

Django Unchained is one of the highest rated films I've awarded, but I'm a Tarrantino fan since Pulp Fiction and like a decent western.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:26 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
one mans trash is another's treasure.

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Django Unchained

Agreed with King, I think Django was utter tripe, so its all opinions. People slate Jurassic World, I love it, latest Star Wars, I enjoyed it. People look at films and go I like this/that/hate this etc... If its got action and shit, I'm in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 18 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

5/10. Fairly crap. The last Jurassic World had a newer spin on things and the "dinosaur cloning mistake" was a cliched but acceptable twist. Well, the new film has just run out of ideas and uses nearly every stereotype and cliche known to man. Full of plot holes but if nothing else to watch, a moderately entertaining film that you'd never watch again.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 275 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 153 of 194