Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ZZR600 D oil leak (water pump pin hole?!)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 09:16 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: ZZR600 D oil leak (water pump pin hole?!) Reply with quote

Hi there,

Could someone please drop me some advice?

I have an oil leak but cant seem to see where its coming from.

I cleaned the case down completely and left kitchen roll stuffed into the fairing to see where the leak was coming from. no leak after cleaning.

I started the bike up and still nothing.

In the morning however, it had pissed some out onto the floor.

I have had the water pump out and the spike bit that goes into the case seems to be clean and the O ring solid... mostleh.

there is no oil higher than this point either. no foiling of the coolant or oil in the ump neither...

here is the place it seems to be coming from. cant see why it would be. (the bottom water pump bolt mount between the mount and the pump housing. bit of a brown stain on there)

https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/shavedwookie/20170708_134811_zpsuc1f5k0r.jpg

[img]https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/shavedwookie/20170708_134811_zpsuc1f5k0r.jpg[/img]

Please help as im itching to ride it but don't want to sizzle the engine.

Last edited by Ayup_Mi-Duck on 09:43 - 13 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 10:40 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean it all again and cover the area in Talcum (sp) powder. This will show where it is coming from Thumbs Up

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 10:58 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Clean it all again and cover the area in Talcum (sp) powder. This will show where it is coming from Thumbs Up

aha! the fat girl technique.

Ill do that tonight.

Ty

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:51 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

So I've found the wet spot. It's coming from a small hole in the button of the water pump. It's odd. I took it to bits. Cleaned it out and re packed it with grease. Popped it back in. Think its still leaking.
Next doors kid is in bed so I've had to stop for the night. Wank....

New pump?
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 339 days between these two posts...
adward00 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:51 - 17 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

adward00 wrote:

TryPolygroup summer waves elite pool, there is best water pumps.

WTF are you smokin' pal?

This is a motorcycle forum not a paedophile's playground equipment mart.

Jeeez.... Sum peepil. Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 276 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1