Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 06:16 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what if thousands of people lose their jobs in the name of freedom?
At least we can now see who the traitor companies are . The people that work there are nothing but collaborators and deserve no pity.
I say call their bluff. Close the factories anyway.
That way they won’t be able to hold us to ransom.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:25 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44575929

So 2 years later WE'RE NOT BLUFFING!!!!

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iXOAKnUqQ7M/UOr2khzx0qI/AAAAAAAABIk/JG-gOCAR2M0/s1600/Sheriff_Bart_self_hostage_Blazing_Saddles.jpeg

So has the port infrastructure been built yet?

Hand waving begins.

Have aviation standards been agreed yet?

Hand waving intensifies.

Has ANYTHING been agreed yet?

Hand waving intensifies.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:37 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should make all these Eu companies have JEUden written on their windows so we know which ones to smash.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:06 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-21/boe-to-get-1-6-billion-as-carney-beefs-up-bank-s-crisis-powers

Wowzers.

So the BoE printed half a trillion pounds to mitigate the post brexit effects.

They've now got powers to print £750bn more.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:17 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44575929

So 2 years later WE'RE NOT BLUFFING!!!!

It is embarrassing, isn't it? Embarassed

Someone should tell Fox, Boris et all that our busted flush is sitting face up on the table.

Until Treasona May goes, there cannot be a No Deal Brexit, which means there can only be a Bad Deal Brexit, which means there will not be a Brexit.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 13:04 - 23 Jun 2018; edited 1 time in total

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:48 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck business.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/06/23/eu-diplomats-shocked-boriss-four-letter-reply-business-concerns/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kippyzona wrote:

Brextremists sound exactly like communists now.

All who disagree are traitors and enemy of the people.

Also let's nationalise Airbus and fuck the business.

Last time I have heard all that BS it has not ended well.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:12 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Brextremists sound exactly like communists now.

Because they believe in democracy over plutocracy? Is that communism?

Aside: how do you imagine that business will respond to an actual communist regime?

On topic: Good lad, Boris. About time it was said. Business had plenty of time and money to make its case before the referendum, and it did so, along with the State, and they failed to make that case, and they lost.

In a democracy, the people decide how they want their country to be, even if that comes with a cost. Not business, and definitely not foreign treasure seekers.

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airbus must be really heartened by the comments of Her Majesty's Foreign Secetary.
We can all sleep well knowing that the jobs have been saved.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 23 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
In a democracy, the people decide how they want their country to be, even if that comes with a cost. Not business, and definitely not foreign treasure seekers.

Exactly.

And businesses here aren't dictating anything they are REACTING to the changing environment they are trading in. Not the other way round as you're trying to make out.

Therefore they should actually CHEER these potential job losses as Flintshire voted to leave 56%.

Funny as it sounds it feels a lot like history repeating. Back in 1987 the public voted a majority conservative government with 376 seats a very clear majority.

One of the policies they ran with was the Poll tax. So they implemented it will of the people and all that in 1989. A little over a year there was rioting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_tax_riots

Except they voted for it and the government was carrying out the will of the people.

That turned out well.

Oh and the Airbus story actually goes much deeper than port delays and barriers.

Quote:
In July 2008, EASA issued its first Single Production Organisation Approval – and that was to Airbus fixed-wing manufacturing (https://www.easa.europa.eu/newsroom-and-events/press-releases/agency-issues-first-european-single-production-organisation). Helicopters followed later (https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-releases/en/2018/02/easa-issues-single-production-organisation-approval-to-airbus-he.html). That means that Airbus is regulated directly by EASA (https://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=86909). It will not be directly affected by Brexit. It will remain regulated by EASA even after we leave the EU – the UK operations voluntarily adopting EU law and control in order to work as part of the Airbus conglomerate.

The problem comes with the 215 (or so) production organisations in the UK approved by the Civil Aviation Authority (https://www.easa.europa.eu/download/poa/easa-apo.pdf), many of which will supply Airbus, including GKN engineering which does much of the wing fabrication under contract to Airbus. Once the UK leaves the EU and becomes a third country, in order to keep supplying Airbus, they must re-apply directly to EASA for approval. Until they have regained that approval, they will no longer be able to deliver parts or assemblies for use in aircraft certified by EASA.

The potential for disruption is obvious, not least as the industry is asserting that parts approved by the CAA currently fitted to such aircraft will invalidate their airworthiness certificates, preventing them being flown until the parts are replaced or revalidated.

As regards new, post-Brexit approvals, it is bound to take EASA a while to deal with the applicants, especially as they cannot actually apply until the UK is a third country. That would suggest that there is bound to be some discontinuity, with Airbus unable to continue manufacturing aircraft for an unspecified period.

Ironically, exactly the same message was delivered by the House of Commons Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Select Committee on 14 March of this year – only just over three months ago (https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmbeis/380/380.pdf). In a report entitled "The impact of Brexit on the aerospace sector", the consequences of leaving EASA were spelled out by the aerospace representative body ADS:

Nutshell UK Airbus suppliers can't supply Airbus unless they are approved by the EASA. EASA approvals vary in length but may take up to 18 months.

Ok ok Super hard Brexiteers will now say the UK CAA will pick up the slack:

Quote:
ADS went on to tell the Committee that the UK's CAA did not currently have the capability to take over the functions of EASA, and that "We have estimated a five- to 10-year period in order to even begin that process". Strikingly, the chief executive of the CAA has said that it is not undertaking any preparatory work for taking over the responsibilities of EASA, since "it would be misleading to suggest that's a viable option".

Quote:

Since full membership of EASA is not an option, the only sure way we could achieve parity with the EU is to re-establish our own regulatory system and then adopt the same style of relationship with the EU as has the United States, via a Bilateral Aviation Safety Agreement – with the possible option of sub-contracting some of the regulatory functions to EASA , or joint certification of the nature undertaken by EASA and the FAA.

See above 5-10 years.

Last edited by Itchy on 13:38 - 23 Jun 2018; edited 2 times in total
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Exactly my point. The great Brexit revolution will require some sacrifices. As the certified moron Lord Digby

It's not a cult and it doesn't sound exactly like communists.

But:

1. We need to unite ALL despite the BS proposed.
2. Whoever is doubting the bright Brexit future is enemy of the people and a traitor.
3. Also nationalise #Airbus and all who disagree.

Quote:

All-round idiot Digby Jones hopes there'll be a Brexit benefit in "100 years time"...

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
All-round idiot Digby Jones hopes there'll be a Brexit benefit in "100 years time"...

I think it was more like, 'history will view this as a good decision'.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarieAnnUK/status/896447595224215552/video/1

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:56 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of hindsight I thought this was interesting. https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/stab-back-did-us-favour-dw-134625 Easy to forget how we ditched NZ and others.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:19 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Talking of hindsight I thought this was interesting. https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/stab-back-did-us-favour-dw-134625 Easy to forget how we ditched NZ and others.

Interesting how a country that suddenly lost its largest trading partner (fear doom calamity) emerged from it as a much stronger and more efficient nation. Thinking

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:46 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know, I was highly skeptical that Brexit brings economic benefit to the British people. You know, inflation vs wage growth, tax hikes, the works.

Silly, silly me. It brought hundreds of millions of pounds in profit to the British people*!

*Those people are Nigel Farage pollster & hedge fund buddies, but still. They're British and they're in profit, so surely these are the Brexit riches Ordinary People wanted and voted for, right?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
As you know, I was highly skeptical that Brexit brings economic benefit to the British people. You know, inflation vs wage growth, tax hikes, the works.

Silly, silly me. It brought hundreds of millions of pounds in profit to the British people*!

*Those people are Nigel Farage pollster & hedge fund buddies, but still. They're British and they're in profit, so surely these are the Brexit riches Ordinary People wanted and voted for, right?

You must have a very short memory.

on the lead up to the vote, the polls were leaking that it was going to be a remain vote, in response to that, the money men were pushing the pound up big time, the remainers friend Soros had alot of money on a remain vote, then when reality dawned, everyone started to short the currency and cashed in, money that is then taxed.

I recall a few people on this forum cashing in, so dont come with shit when your mate Soros cost the tax payer a couple billion which pushed us out of the ERM, as it works all ways.

Thanks.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Last edited by Rob Fzs on 12:45 - 26 Jun 2018; edited 1 time in total

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What amuses me the most about brexit, is the almost allergic reaction remainers have towards answering why people voted to leave.

All i see is people whinging how those thicko's got one over the remain establishment even when it was a cast iron defense with everything thrown in to keep us in there.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:14 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
What amuses me the most about brexit, is the almost allergic reaction remainers have towards answering why people voted to leave.

What amuses me most is that LEAVE WON. Yet they are trying to wash their hands of responsibility and not reading the small print.

Farage as above in my link is trying to distance himself away from it Very Happy

Rob Fzs wrote:
All i see is people whinging how those thicko's got one over the remain establishment even when it was a cast iron defense with everything thrown in to keep us in there.

And yet here we are and there has been no movement and no building of facilities to facilitate port movements.

Plus EEA isn't an option either.

But MAGIC TRADE DEALS. Very Happy

Hand waiving intensifies Very Happy

I say anything contrary to any of these magical beliefs and I'm a terrorist! Look at MPD with his MAGICAL trade deals. Funny he no longer says German cars any more isn't it?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:09 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
What amuses me most is that LEAVE WON. Yet they are trying to wash their hands of responsibility

Which Leaver is responsible for implementing Brexit?

Last time I checked, a staunch Remoaner is solely responsible for the current state of Bremission Impossible.

Itchy wrote:
Farage as above in my link is trying to distance himself away from it Very Happy

From the deliberately disastrous way that it's being bungled, sure.

Itchy wrote:
MAGIC TRADE DEALS.

First we have to kill the Wicked Witch of the Wasters, then the Good Wizard of Mogg can work his spell.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

First we have to kill the Wicked Witch of the Wasters, then the Good Wizard of Mogg can work his spell.

Have you heard what he proposes? He proposes dropping tariffs and trade barriers.

This means goodbye all UK industry.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:44 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye to the dead wood, anyway.

More bad news, BMW is not considering moving production out of the UK.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 120 of 523