Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 373, 374, 375 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Bloody seagulls. ........................................................................................ The annoying this is that these feathered bastards are protected and we're not allowed to shoot the feckers.

The RSPB say shooting wouldn't do any good anyway....

.... would not suggest the public engages in vigilantism against gulls. Not only is it illegal, it's likely to be ineffectual. "If a gull finds a particularly fruitful place, all that'll happen is you'll kill that gull and another will replace it," he says. "You've got to cut off the food supply.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:10 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Bloody seagulls. an issue with people wearing black clothing.

Racist!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 24 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ground my own gears when I went to refuel the bike and tried to pay with old tenners.
They were part of my emergency stash in my jacket, been in there a long time.
I disconnected the battery to fit the tail tidy and reconnection reset the trip so I was caught short out and about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto start-stop on cars. What a load of bo!!0k5.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:12 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I ground my own gears when I went to refuel the bike and tried to pay with old tenners.
I disconnected the battery to fit the tail tidy and reconnection reset the trip so I was caught short out and about.

Did they refuse you?

A bloke came in my local and tried to pay for a beer with a stash of old large 50p pieces.

They went out of circulation about 20 years ago FFS. Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:15 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Can't you turn it off?

If you were in a London rush hour surely you would get a flat battery with all the stop start and short distances moved.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heat..... even this time of the day... farking hell...

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:

I'm sat in an office, wearing a jumper, and my hands are going numb from the cold air blowing across the desk.
The aircon is broken in most of the building and consequently the vents that do work are on turbo mode trying to chill the thermostat on a different floor.
It's fckn freezing, maintenance won't turn it off, and the company won't pay to fix the rest of it.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Courier265 wrote:

I'm sat in an office, wearing a jumper, and my hands are going numb from the cold air blowing across the desk.
The aircon is broken in most of the building and consequently the vents that do work are on turbo mode trying to chill the thermostat on a different floor.
It's fckn freezing, maintenance won't turn it off, and the company won't pay to fix the rest of it.

Yikes!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:55 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
recman wrote:

Did they refuse you?

They did but the bloke was quite polite about it.
He could see I'd made an honest mistake and probably just thought I was a dodery old bastard.

My lovely Mrs managed to exchange the old notes in the post office this morning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fucking email eBay sends you when someone declines your offer on email.
https://i.imgur.com/VjDTKZx.png

It just really really pisses me off.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flies in my lid. Hate it ... hate them .... GTFO. Todays one was the size of a fat bluebottle!!

So tonight i pulled my new lid apart and fitted carbon filters ( had them from an old cooker hood we never used them for ) and cut pieces to fit behind the vents.

Can change and replace if needed but now the vents can stay open and the bugs can stay out.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

I know. That's pretty much the attitude of everyone else in the building until they have a meeting in my office, and then they're all: wtf! It's freezing in here"
Yeah. I know. Neutral
On the plus side my bottle of water is always nice and cold. Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

They did but the bloke was quite polite about it.
He could see I'd made an honest mistake and probably just thought I was a dodery old bastard.

My lovely Mrs managed to exchange the old notes in the post office this morning.

Laughing Oh dear, Father Time does catch up with one.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took wifie to watch the new Jurassic World movie.

We went in the posh seats in an I-Sense auditorium. Yes, I'm a romantic bastard. Cool

However what the fuck is i-Sense meant to be cause all it seems to me is having the volume so loud it's bloody painful.

Last edited by Polarbear on 22:03 - 25 Jun 2018; edited 1 time in total

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Bloody seagulls.

On that note the same thing happened to be on Sunday, walking along the pavement I saw a fat young one and thought about taking a photo. Next thing two of the big fuckers are trying to attack me, I look up but the suns really bright and I can't see shit. I've got my hands full, one comes for me and I step back into the road... just as a cars coming.

Luckily I didn't hit the car and the seagull didn't get me.

If there weren't so many people about and my hands weren't full I'd have wrung it's neck Mad

Didn't know there were protected, there's fucking thousands round in the city.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Network Rail.

Harped on for years how the rebuild of London Bridge would cut out a load of dodgy signalling issues and make things smoother. What utter bullshit! £1bn spent on glass and coffee shops!

"Lineside equipment failures" all over the place. Resulting on a train stuck at Cannon Street and all trains majorly delayed. Oh, and 'hot rails'!

Needless to say, the bike I saw on Saturday, I've bought!

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Can't you turn it off?

If you were in a London rush hour surely you would get a flat battery with all the stop start and short distances moved.

You'd think, but actually quite a lot of criteria have to be satisfied before the stop/start will function on most cars. Things like ambient temperature, fluids temperatures, battery condition and charge rate, is the air con on or off and is it going to need to run hard to achieve the set temperature? You won't flatten the battery using stop/start, it just won't operate. All that said, I turn mine off as it's bloody annoying.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a large bottle of orange squash in the freezer last night in preparation for today's heat wave at work.
It's still in there. Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

However what the fuck is i-Sense meant to be cause all it seems to me is having the volume so loud it's bloody painful.

Much modern tech disappoints me. Seems the younger generations are easily pleased Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside a bar the other evening I was chatting to a bald man.

On the top of his pate was a scab.

On the top of the scab was a large fly, tucking in to the flaky edges. Sick

The fly was there throughout our 30 minute conversation, going round and round munching the crusty scalp pizza. The man was entirely unaware, obviously couldnt feel a thing.

What ground my gears was the etiquette dilemma I faced.

What is the etiquette when a bald man has a fly eating part of his scalp? Do you know BCF?

In the end I did nothing. At one point I was about to slap his baldy head but as he was also a quite small man, I thought it would be a bit too Benny Hill Very Happy Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Outside a bar the other evening I was chatting to a bald man.

On the top of his pate was a scab.

On the top of the scab was a large fly, tucking in to the flaky edges. Sick

The fly was there throughout our 30 minute conversation, going round and round munching the crusty scalp pizza. The man was entirely unaware, obviously couldnt feel a thing.

What ground my gears was the etiquette dilemma I faced.

What is the etiquette when a bald man has a fly eating part of his scalp? Do you know BCF?

In the end I did nothing. At one point I was about to slap his baldy head but as he was also a quite small man, I thought it would be a bit too Benny Hill Very Happy Laughing

https://s22.postimg.cc/i8l6lewf5/9-2100_hannibalbrain_09121.jpg

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:16 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

You say what you see.

In a very loud voice - 'Excuse me but there's a fly on that scab., [flamboyant pointing gesture] ..and where's your knotted hanky?'
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 304 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 373, 374, 375 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 374 of 698