Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Harley are moving out of the US - ROFL

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Harley are moving out of the US - ROFL Reply with quote

Harley are moving out of the US. The same way JLR has moved out of the UK to Slovakia.

Oh the irony:

Trump wrote:
We buy a shed load more than we sell to the EU so they need us more than we need them

Catalyst wrote:
We buy a shed load more than we sell to the EU so they need us more than we need them

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/harley-davidson-trump-tariffs-eu-motorcycle-production-us-move-a8415986.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:49 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harley is seeking to move production to it's overseas facilities, choose from India, Brazil, Thailand, none of them are in the EU.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 25 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
Harley is seeking to move production to it's overseas facilities, choose from India, Brazil, Thailand, none of them are in the EU.

Why you leave out Australia, dems nearly EU! Laughing

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:20 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought agricultural machinery was usually exempt from taxes?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:46 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EU tariffs are just a casus belli; they've been slipping production out of Murca for years.

The God Emperor has rightfully called them out on it, and it's going to be a giggle when He starts hitting them with import tariffs into His Great USA. Whistle

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:32 - 26 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Johnnythefox wrote:

Why you leave out Australia, dems nearly EU! Laughing

I thought Aus was a separate firm that made wheels for Harley and now doesn't?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:

And the reason is none of them are in US and will not have to pay tariffs.

Quote:
Harley Davidson CEO Matthew S Levatich says:

"Our decision to move some of our operations is 100% based on President Trumps tariffs. Mr. Trump knows nothing about economics and even less about trade. The man is a moron."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Johnnythefox wrote:

And the reason is none of them are in US and will not have to pay tariffs.

Quote:
Harley Davidson CEO Matthew S Levatich says:

"Our decision to move some of our operations is 100% based on President Trumps tariffs. Mr. Trump knows nothing about economics and even less about trade. The man is a moron."

To be fair, the more astute will have noted that Harley had publicly announced ramping up production at it's other plants long before they got hit with Trump induced tariffs. Their Thailand plant was specifically set up because many far east countries wallop non-Asian built bikes with 100% ( and more) import taxes.
The Harley CEO is just responding in kind to Trump's recent tweets knocking Harley, they were all lovey dovey to each other when corporate tax rates were recently slashed.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:45 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump increased the tariff on Harleys entering the EU from 6% to 31%? Eh?

I didn't even realise that He had the power to set EU import duties, but I guess Harley Davidson CEO Matthew S Levatich knows best.

Does he know that if he moves production abroad that he will be taxed bigly?

Let's see how moving production to Gooktown and deploring the God Emperor works out for them.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 08:50 - 27 Jun 2018; edited 1 time in total

eXDF
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 07:58 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Trump increased the tariff on Harleys entering the EU from 6% to 31%? :he:

I didn't even realise that He had the power to set EU import duties, but I guess Harley Davidson CEO Matthew S Levatich knows best.

He's not setting the EU tariff, the EU is setting the tariff as a response to Trump's Tariffs on the EU. Because you know...trade war.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:03 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost as if businesses exist to make money...

And trade barriers stop them from doing this.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:11 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Trumps such a moron he built a fortune and got elected president. What a total underachiever.

All these Twitter fights are rather entertaining, but it still amazes me that people seem completely unable to get past the playground name calling.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:15 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Laughing Trumps such a moron he built inherited a fortune and got elected president. What a total underachiever.

He is the perfect example of wealth doesn't last 3 generations.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:09 - 27 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Trump's such a moron

Of course, perhaps you were being ironically moronic.

eXDF wrote:
He's not setting the EU tariff

"Our decision to move some of our operations is 100% based on President Trumps [sic] tariffs."

And those are 100000% based on the EU trying to dump its excess steel production on the US, which is 100000000000000% based on China-China-China dumping on everyone.

The God Emperor didn't light this fire. It's just that only He has the courage to explode it out, like a burning gusher.

Yorkshire Geek
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:42 - 29 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

The God Emperor didn't light this fire. It's just that only He has the courage to explode it out, like a burning gusher.

Well thanks for the image of Trump sat naked on a Harley, cracking one out until he gushes blazing spunk onto it. I really needed that mental image in my day.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1