Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

hauwei p smart (Think thats the spelling!)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 01 Jul 2018    Post subject: hauwei p smart (Think thats the spelling!) Reply with quote

OK, bare with me. At 70 YO I finally succumbed to family and friends pressure. Bought this thing. Fragile Fu**ers aren't they. Dropped it, screen spattered.
Got replacement, wrestled the bastard apart, fitted screen. All worked, but... no touchscreen function. Factory reset make zero difference.
On delving, its seems that the kernal is corrupt / missing. (Things like the cheat codes dont work, its lost all reference to its phone number etc.) Only way to access it is by USB mouse.
Re flash all you bright developers say? Fine, except enabling USB debugging un-tickboxes as soon as I plug in the laptops USB. All the other access programs I've tried demand a check box to be ticked, which immediately disappear as soon as the lapys USB is unplugged to plug in the mouse to tick to tick box.
I think I have a solution in a USB hub, letting me access both mouse and lapy at the same time, waiting for it to be delivered. Am I on the right track?
The supplier assures me that the screen is 100% compatible and seems to be standard fare across a few models, but maybe I am chasing two problems.....?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 01 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

For future reference, fit a 9H screen protector and a tough rubber case. It will survive almost anything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:57 - 01 Jul 2018    Post subject: Re: hauwei p smart (Think thats the spelling!) Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
OK, bare with me. At 70 YO I finally succumbed to family and friends pressure. Bought this thing. Fragile Fu**ers aren't they. Dropped it, screen spattered.
Got replacement, wrestled the bastard apart, fitted screen. All worked, but... no touchscreen function. Factory reset make zero difference.
On delving, its seems that the kernal is corrupt / missing. (Things like the cheat codes dont work, its lost all reference to its phone number etc.) Only way to access it is by USB mouse.
Re flash all you bright developers say? Fine, except enabling USB debugging un-tickboxes as soon as I plug in the laptops USB. All the other access programs I've tried demand a check box to be ticked, which immediately disappear as soon as the lapys USB is unplugged to plug in the mouse to tick to tick box.
I think I have a solution in a USB hub, letting me access both mouse and lapy at the same time, waiting for it to be delivered. Am I on the right track?
The supplier assures me that the screen is 100% compatible and seems to be standard fare across a few models, but maybe I am chasing two problems.....?

The touchscreen and LCD are nearly always on separate ribbons. You probably don't have the ribbon fully home.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 01 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Pete. There are indeed two ribbons, but the original screen has the smaller of the two taped up out of the way. The main ribbon is fully connected on a clean plug / socket. It was my original thought but close inspection shows no port or socket in the area the smaller ribbon would reach.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Re: hauwei p smart (Think thats the spelling!) Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
OK, bare with me

Do you mind awfully if I keep my clothes on?

Could be a damaged ribbon cable ... they are very fragile things, too!

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 05 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. USB hub does NOT work, only attaching one of the devices connected. Lappy's quite content to handle a mouse and a keyboard AND recognise the dumb shit smartphone, but not the other way around. Ho hum..... My best bet is to put the smashed screen back and run over the damn thing with the Falco.... then claim the insurance.... as if I would do such a thing!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 286 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1