mib and foreign hgv cunts?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:13 - 28 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephen_o wrote:
Why would you have such a high excess that in the event of an accident you would rather buy another car than make a claim?

And by reporting the accident to the insurers you will still be loaded for an unrecoverable claim, If your really unlucky you might find your ncb docked at renewal unless you can prove no tp liability and receive no payout. You may face bills from the police, emergancy service or even the council for attendance or damage so you will be paying these yourself out of your own pocket?

because the rise in the insurance cost wouldnt be worth claiming tbh.. its not a few k car.. i paid £500 as a run around

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:32 - 01 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
i was slightly ahead but a reasonably slow speed roundabout and i was in no rush, he didnt have to slow as he was going pretty much straight, i had overtaken him none the less so he would have seen me there in his mirror.

Thinking about it a bit more - with this story, if their insurers were to be found and fight it - I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with fault split; so if trying to avoid a claim against you, you may well be 'lucky' no one can be bothered to chase it up.

Presuming the lorry driver has seen you in their offside mirror in the first place is a dangerous assumption to make - but if we take that assumption, that doesn't mean that would still expect to be able to see you while navigating the roundabout if you were still behind them.

Potentially your driving could also fall under:

Quote:
Driving without due care and attention means driving in a way that falls below what would be expected of a competent and careful driver.
Driving without reasonable consideration for other persons requires them to be inconvenienced by your driving.

As it was both not 'careful' and did require the other person to be inconvenienced - albeit, they weren't and thus the issues.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 03 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to work out how it could possibly be my fault at all, i was in the correct lane, there was another lane between us and he was in the left turn only lane, i was ahead.. its quite obvious he picked the left lane to go straight as it meant he didnt have to slow so much, the correct lanes would mean he would have had to slow down more and actually turn his wheel rather than diagonal across the lane
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:08 - 03 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again:
Quote:
In all cases watch out for and give plenty of room to

long vehicles (including those towing trailers). These might have to take a different course or straddle lanes either approaching or on the roundabout because of their length. Watch out for their signals.

You did not very well 'watch out for' the artic, where it was doing exactly what was described it might do in the highway code (though there isn't a MUST, so in it's self that's not a specific offence).

Further, you placed yourself in the blind spot of a lorry. Could you see the driver's face in the mirrors while you were along side it?
British lorries now have lots of warnings on the left hand side for that reason.

Long vehicles are supposed to go around the outside of roundabout, to minimise how much the rear of the vehicle cuts in to other lanes. Had it been further in, the situation would have been even worse if you were in the same position.

Even with the correct mirror checks to driving test standard, it's quite possible the driver would never have known you were where you were.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/51089/lorry-trailer-hit-our-car-on-a-roundabout---whose-fault-is-it-

I couldn't find one directly relating to your situation, but note for car driving theory test questions the correct answer to a situation similar to your situation is 'Keep well back'.
https://i.imgur.com/YUtMoBV.png

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 07 Jul 2018    Post subject: Re: mib and foreign hgv cunts? Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
next episode of Kentenders

Shoulda gone to Specsavers.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 07 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although ... you were in HIS blindspot, cuz.

Thinking

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 07 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:

Just get an old estate agents' board and cut it to shape and fix it into place with a bit o gaffa.

Nobody will ever know the difference. Cool Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:43 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed my Artic test a couple of weeks ago.

For the test you would have to intentionally block the lanes you might take up before you get to the place where you manoeuvrer - to prevent just this sort of thing.

So there's absolutely a good bit of 'fault' on that side.

But I still expect a good legal firm defending could apportion a good bit of blame on your side - I'm sure doing what you did would also fail a driving test too.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 23 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah pretty much chalked it up to experience, I should have stopped and let him go as I would have had to slow more the . Him but meh

Car scrapped got a new one moved on.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 238 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2