Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 10 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
In other cases I say to myself "You (censored)".

yfpos

It's only because they couldn't see you. If it there was something to make the road clear ahead......

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:21 - 10 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikejet?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 10 Jul 2018    Post subject: Dawdling fools. Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Go faster and stop getting in everyone's way.

Thumbs Up
Drivers who don't keep up with the traffic flow grind my gears. I'll be looking well ahead and past the car in front when I realise I'm too close because the git in front wants to have 8 car lengths between him and the next vehicle. Meanwhile cars are merging into the gap and causing said dawdler to comfort brake. At the traffic lights 5 or 6 cars have to wait behind because the dawdler won't clear the junction as quick as he should. He is cholesterol in the nation's arteries and needs medicating. Mad Might not be the OP. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 10 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I upset you petal, take some of the advice offered by other people than me and you might live a happy and fulfilling life, with or without bikes.

OGR

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 10 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
In other cases I say to myself "You (censored)".

yfpos

Smile Sure, something like that, especially when I've got the nearside in the gutter....

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 11 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
If it there was something to make the road clear ahead......

Hm. A 650 Lightning fitted with rocket launchers? ....

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 11 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
If it there was something to make the road clear ahead......

Hm. A 650 Lightning fitted with rocket launchers? ....

A 650 Lightning (presume you mean a BSA)? They'd be outta range before you pressed the button.

OGR

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:29 - 11 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lose the L's - People bully you, even if they don't 'need' to

Passed in '95, lost license, and until I got it back again, it happened. They were up on the back tyre, risky overtakes, straight up forcing you out of your lane, the usual shit. Now, once L's went again, on the same bike, with the same riding, people stopped riding your arse and drive normally.

I don't know why people drive like dribbling fuckwits around L plates, but they do.

If you have issues beyond that, good for recognising them, but you need more help than a Forum can give.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 11 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Bikejet?

That's now the only recent device we are allowed to mention .... So must be. 👍😁

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:49 - 05 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every bike I've owned has had a stupidly optimistic speedometer. Check it against a GPS speedo on phone or satnav.

Drivers can see round a bike so the tailgaiting does not seem as close as been the same distance from something like a transit van.

I'm getting tailgaited if I cruise at 30, probably by the same idiot I went screaming past because 45 is a good speed in an NSL.

I get cut up worse if I'm wearing a pink lid (guy martin / john britten) with my hair loose. Chavscum appear to want to breed with me. Not my type.

Even worse though is my experience of the 55bhp polo. That feels like i have a huge kick me sign painted on the back. Maybe it's actually a sign i get given a lot of room on the bike.

I get a bit pissy if i come across a little bike sandwiched between two cars too close to each other let alone the bike. Thats a call to insert my bike alongside the small bike and back up the tailgaiter some. I think bullying drivers pick up on body langage of riders, likely subconciously as it happens to me less when I'm feeling assertive and it's quite easy to make a tailgaiter back off if I've asserted myself into the middleof such a scooter sandwich.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 237 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3