Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yamaha TDR 125 differences

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

stirlinggaz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:56 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Yamaha TDR 125 differences Reply with quote

hi all,
looking at yet another wee 2t project & seeing as I've never had a ypvs, thought I'd get a tdr before they become extinct.
so, what's the differences between the standard tdr 125 & the italia/Belgrada version?
am I right in thinking standard version has the deltabox frame while the belgrada doesn't?
what difference does this make?
I presume the Italian version has the bigger carb (32mm?) & a little bit more power but any other differences?

cheers,
GAZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally only like the Japanese made (wannabe TDM850) ones myself. Engine wise the Japanese bike is a DTR/TZR based engine but they had a cat fitted years before they needed one for emissions regs. There are lots of little differences between the 3bikes engines in stuff like carbs, jetting and gearing, but essentially the same engine.

I know nothing about the Italian built Belgarda TDR's but they look very different. Its a steel tube frame, unique bodywork and they have 18'' spoked wheels. They are a much more faithful design to the original TDR250. The motor is as you say probably the same TZR125 4LD unit, there were different combinations of head, cylinder, carbs and ignition in different years and specs of the TZR so it might have a combination of different parts to suit the TDR better.

Only my opinion, but seeing as alot of bodywork and model specific parts are likely to be hard to source for the non imported European 125's, I'd prefer a DTR with a supermoto set up for road use, or a Japanese TDR. Saying that I do like the Italian built Honda MTX beach hunter bikes, and if an import was cleaner, more complete and in much better condition than a scabby ruined Japanese made bike, it'd be a no brainer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1