BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1st driving lesson

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:28 - 17 Feb 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the impression that my driving instructor didn't like teaching motorcyclists. Mainly due to the racing line I took round corners + accelerating mid corner towards the apex on my second lesson.

Still 10 hours of lessons anyway.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 6 years, 168 days between these two posts...
thavin29 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 03 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of aa and get an independent instructor

Aa will not put you for test in less you have done at least 20 hours driving then you have a wait for the test so have more lessons in between
I passed in about 9 with my instuctor

Last edited by andyscooter on 08:49 - 04 Aug 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:41 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
First lesson will be showing you the controls, moving off and stopping with the correct observations and signals if required. May get to turning left or right in or out of a side road.

The average driver takes about 40 hours worth of tuition, but this can and does vary according to aptitude and practice with family members. I had a guy who took 16 hrs from scratch and another guy over 400 hours. I had people who did many hours but were hit and miss. The two hours a week for 4 months sounds about average.

Pretty much this.

My first lesson included narrow streets and junctions which the instructor said does not usually happen until at least lesson 3. But my job as a motorcycle instructor helped.

He then also asked what my job is like compared to his and my reply was. "You know those 2 pedals down there? If I stamp on one of these ones you can take the power away from me with yours yes? Imagine not having them and instead you are teaching me to drive this car from the car behind and using a radio to do it!"

Fuck that he said and much laughs were had.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

Aa will not put you for test in less you have done at least 20 hours driving then you have a wait for the test so have more lessons in between

Considering that the original poster started this thread over 6 years ago, this advice is possibly a bit outdated......

Or else the op is really bad at driving.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:06 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
andyscooter wrote:

Considering that the original poster started this thread over 6 years ago, this advice is possibly a bit outdated......

Or else the op is really bad at driving.

didn't realise that when I posted it Embarassed

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured! Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 239 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2