Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

JB32
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:24 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
JB32 wrote:
*wahhhhh I can't pass my test..... *cries*

You dig up a 7 yr old post to waffle on about your inability to pass a test?

You will be really happy to note that it's very likely perpetual L-Platers will be getting told to pass the test or feck off in the next round of changes to the licensing system.

Enjoy. Middle Finger
It's nothing to do with passing the test. My situation was that I went for the MOD 1 after doing all the necessary MOD 1 & 2 training ( only because I had a bike licence many years ago that I acquired in the Armed Forces in Egypt. But when I wanted to get back riding, I discovered my doc's had been lost by the authorities ) Hence the jumping through loops now. But I got pissed off when I went on my own 125 bike for the test when the examiner said, as I entered the test area. " I have to terminate you because your rear Tyre is under inflated "... It had been inflated the day before as I informed him, It wasn't possible to detect by eye or feel that he was correct Confused He didn't test it with a gauge !!! But a long story followed. I returned home and found my pressure was only 4 PSi under. and riding hard etc wasn't in any way affected to and from the test center Mad Yet another very long story. But I wasn't going to put myself through that kind of crap treatment any more , Hence my new trike ( A proper bike for my situation ) Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

You dig up a 7 yr old post to waffle on about your inability to pass a test?

Strictly speaking, it's a 12 year old thread. Other than that, we are in agreement. Very Happy

JB32 wrote:
" I have to terminate you because your rear Tyre is under inflated "

That's a bit extreme. Did he look or sound like Arnie?

Why did the tyre look inflated? Are you a bit on the heavy side, or were the side walls fucked?

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:14 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB32 wrote:
We Bikers are a special breed, NOT a segregated group, Right ?

You don't ride a Bike.

JB32
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:29 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Evil Hans"]
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

JB32 wrote:
" I have to terminate you because your rear Tyre is under inflated "

That's a bit extreme. Did he look or sound like Arnie?

Why did the tyre look inflated? Are you a bit on the heavy side, or were the side walls fucked?

As I said previously, my tyre was fine with no visible sign of under inflation, The tyre is also just 4 months old and my weight is 12 stone. I questioned his remark and bounced up and down on the bike with no sign of under inflation. I discovered the under of 4 psi when I returned home. Another weird thing that I didn't expand on in my original post is that he terminated me then informed me that he had an open slot that very afternoon that I can apply for on line when I get home !!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB32 wrote:

As I said previously, my tyre was fine with no visible sign of under inflation, The tyre is also just 4 months old and my weight is 12 stone. I questioned his remark and bounced up and down on the bike with no sign of under inflation. I discovered the under of 4 psi when I returned home. Another weird thing that I didn't expand on in my original post is that he terminated me then informed me that he had an open slot that very afternoon that I can apply for on line when I get home !!!!!

Ok so you had a crap time on test. I didn't, and nor did just about everyone I know who's taken it. You just got unlucky with Mr Examiner McKnowsBest.

The cost of your continued CBT's are going to outweigh the test fees for MOD1 and 2 pretty quickly and whilst, yes, you have a 'bike' that is perfectly useful to you in your scenario - it's quite a limited scenario and there are better biking days ahead of you once tests are out the way.

Don't double down on the knocks of the past. Dust yourself off, move forward.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

The cost of your continued CBT's are going to outweigh the test fees for MOD1 and 2 pretty quickly

If he's a grown up with a car licence he probably doesn't need a CBT ... Yourban 300 is classed as a trike.

So, no, definitely not a bike Wink

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
arry wrote:

The cost of your continued CBT's are going to outweigh the test fees for MOD1 and 2 pretty quickly

If he's a grown up with a car licence he probably doesn't need a CBT ... Yourban 300 is classed as a trike.

So, no, definitely not a bike Wink

Oh yeah. Didn't realise it was as wide as a car door.

15 kw and 220kg. That's lovely.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 15 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
15 kw and 220kg.

Blimey. Heavier than my Bandit! Shocked

Good job it can't fall over ...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3