Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 385, 386, 387 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was original paint I'd buy that for £500 and keep it under a tarpaulin in the garage for the next 20 years. Only 7600 miles. Thumbs Up

However I expect most people would think the same and it would go for a damn sight more if original.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to give up on replacing an ignition coil on the car because I couldn't unhook the electrical connector. Access wasn't great. I've now got grazed and sore fingers. Special tool on order.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:40 - 18 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feckin box of faulty teabags, nine out of ten of which split in the cup, no matter how careful I am with them. No wonder they were on offer.

Such things ruin my whole life Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:33 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Feckin box of faulty teabags, nine out of ten of which split in the cup, no matter how careful I am with them. No wonder they were on offer.

Name and shame Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Name and shame Laughing

PG Tips, boxes of 200, from Tesco.
The 200 size seemed a bit odd to me as the usual sizes are 40, 80, 120 and 240. The 200 pack seemed to appear relatively recently, and are nearly always on offer. I can't say I noticed any difference in flavour or anything like that, maybe just a way to get shot of faulty batches? But I haven't had a box like this before, where they all fail. It's a real concern Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:01 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just buy a tea strainer....

Some days I'd be happy to even just find a fucking normal tea bag.

Most of these houses I keep going into with the petsitting, they have posh fucking teas: mint, camomile, rooifuckingboos, ginger and lemon, forest fruits, bilberry and minge-juice flavour, yes yes, what fucking ever. Just give me some fucking PG tips, even if tea dust does leak out of the bag.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:06 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, it's not as mild as a bit of tea dust leaking from the bag. It's a wholesale tea leaf armageddon, where the bag splits open completely and dumps its entire contents in the cup.
What you then have is a cuppa that gets steadily stronger as you drink it. Now, I like a "builder's tea", but by the time I get halfway through this, I could stand the feckin spoon up in it. And I always forget, and drain the cup to the dregs - spitting tea leaves for the next hour; and clearly, I am not exaggerating one bit!
It's a disaster I tell ya! Oooooh, what am I going to do! Crying or Very sad

Laughing

Edit: I'll tell you what I'm going to do: I'm gonna have a nice cup of coffee Smile

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Fail to prepare, prepare to not a decent cuppa.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dk9UrJ8W4AA63qb.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Buy some Yorkshire tea..... Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Buy some Yorkshire tea..... Laughing

I can't, I'm a cheapskate Laughing

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Ty Phoo?? £5 for 240..... Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:51 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Ty Phoo?? £5 for 240..... Shocked

I'll look into it, but I have to use this box up first - I paid good money for it Laughing

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I can't, I'm a cheapskate :

Costco, 1100 typhoo bags £12.

We buy them for work.

https://www.jtf.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/7/373097.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:

Now I'm doing the shopping on the bike, I couldn't fit a bag that big in with everything else I have to get. Which really grinds my gears to powder, cos I think of the savings I'd be making if I could Mad

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Fisty wrote:

Now I'm doing the shopping on the bike, I couldn't fit a bag that big in with everything else I have to get. Which really grinds my gears to powder, cos I think of the savings I'd be making if I could Mad

Every now and then they do 1610 bags for a tenner.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conclude that pyramid tea bags are structurally unsound. Rounds ones are little better. Gotta be square.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:

Every now and then they do 1610 bags for a tenner.

Hand Now you're just maliciously rubbing it in! Crying or Very sad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Conclude that pyramid tea bags are structurally unsound. Rounds ones are little better. Gotta be square.

Been using them for ages with no previous problems. But PG Tips are generally expensive anyway, so I'm going to switch - I might try Tesco's own. The bags will likely be made of cheaper indestructanium - probably not even porous, but cheap. Cheap - now there's a word that oils my gears Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tea maker PG Tips is to switch to fully biodegradable, plant-based teabags, parent company Unilever has announced.
Most manufacturers currently use polypropylene to seal teabags - they say it strengthens them and stops them disintegrating in a cup.
Unilever said the move to plant-based sealants (corn starch?) was based on "cutting edge science and technology".

The first eco-friendly pyramid teabags go on sale (in March 2018) - other teabag types will follow later this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43224797

So tea bags are no longer gluten-free. I'll miss the great taste of polypropylene. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Quote:
Tea maker PG Tips is to switch to fully biodegradable, plant-based teabags, parent company Unilever has announced.
Most manufacturers currently use polypropylene to seal teabags - they say it strengthens them and stops them disintegrating in a cup.
Unilever said the move to plant-based sealants (corn starch?) was based on "cutting edge science and technology".

The first eco-friendly pyramid teabags go on sale (in March 2018) - other teabag types will follow later this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43224797

So tea bags are no longer gluten-free. I'll miss the great taste of polypropylene. Laughing

Does loose-leaf tea work out cheaper? For one person, I mean? I don't want to be making a big pot all the time. What I need is a cup with a tea-infuser in the bottom, one that I can close off when it's up to strength... Idea Pound Coin Pound Coin Pound Coin Pound Coin Pound Coin Exclamation

Feck off, I've sent my patent application off! Laughing

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Agreed..... Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Does loose-leaf tea work out cheaper? For one person, I mean? I don't want to be making a big pot all the time. What I need is a cup with a tea-infuser in the bottom, one that I can close off when it's up to strength... Idea Pound Coin Pound Coin Pound Coin Pound Coin Pound Coin Exclamation

Feck off, I've sent my patent application off! Laughing

Sorry mate, been done long ago Laughing

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VN7K2P6aoe8/maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.my-french-neighbor.com/1828-thickbox_default/loose-tea-ball-infuser-holder-jardin-des-thes-vintage-design.jpg

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/tableware/coffee-tea-makers/r%C3%B6relser-tea-infuser-for-teapot-stainless-steel-art-20360237/?cid=gb%7Cps%7Cpla%7C%7C%7C%7C

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I have one of these.. get a plastic one. For some reason the metal taints the taste.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:

I've got one too, I use it when I want to sprinkle cocoa powder over something. I always found the tea leaves leaked through the join a bit.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bettys.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/y/o/yorkshire-tea-2000858_2.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 385, 386, 387 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 386 of 698