Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This Forum is Dying?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:26 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the organisation skills of the Suntans have made every one I've attended (3, or is it 4 now?) excellent. It's worth paying up front for that kind of attention to detail. Not everyone would achieve as much, although I'm sure they wouldn't mind a break from it and let someone else sort it all out once in a while. Not me though. I'm useless Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but its a lot of hassle for whoever takes it on, the Suntans not least of all cos they did all that for quite a few of them. I mean, its just a party, not the bulldog fuckin bash.

It's much easier if someone jsut says "I'm havin a housewarming, whoever is close enough to come, then come and I'll save you a sofa else you'll have to park your tent out in the garden."

A succession of smaller parties around the country is much less hassle and much more entertaining for everybody concerned, everyone can relax and have a good time, and not stress about counting heads.

Has the BBQ not taught you that, at least?

If I'm goin down to Maggies, I'm likely to say "Oh, goin' to Maggies, she's always up for chaps turning up, and does good grub", and a few of you might tag along if you live local enough or want to ride from here to there for a weekend jolly. I'm more about your impromptu event.

I had an awesome time at Siggi's once, took Shaun with me cos he was visiting town, gave him a spliff and he was wasted on that while Siggi and various others got twatted on all sorts of other things. It was less than a dozen of us, I met some top-hole chaps, and it was fun.

Same with the paintballing, even if I did fuck up my achilles tendon for the next two years Laughing slightly more organised but still able to say "oh yeah, I'll go" only the weekend before (talked into it by G if I remember rightly, as they needed to make up numbers).

It always seems better to do something on short notice than say Yes months beforehand and then back out, to the disappointment and inconvenience of the organisers.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seemed pretty relaxed at the ones I went to. Some took relaxation to whole new level Laughing
Yeah, small gigs have a different vibe but that doesn't mean the bigger ones don't have their charm.
Why not both? Very Happy
Actually, I'll duck out of this now, cos I don't know when I'll next be able to afford anything, big or small.
Btw, I think it has been better than the Bulldog Bash, cos everyone had a connection through this forum, which made it seem more intimate, and nobody got their bikes nicked by the Angels. Or whoever used to do the bike nicking at those.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been quiet of late on here due to not having a bike so not much to say

starting to look again at moment so may suddenly start again

but all the forums i used to use most are now dead

12 posts since yesterday on here Crying or Very sad

modern vespa has 30 since yesterday and that is an american forum thats hevaliy modified

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daytona Loner wrote:
As a someone who joined this forum just two days ago, here's my perspective.

I started a thread, and explained I just bought a Triumph tt600 after 10 years away from biking, and asked politely for any opinions and experiences that anyone had.

A couple of members responded, but then sure enough a so called World chat world champion replied.

''Would've thought the OP would have done his research on the bike before lining one up, but hey-ho''

Nice thing to say to someone who just joined up. The guy is clearly a prick with issues, who would'nt talk to someone in the real world like that , anyway I reckon it's keyboard warriors like him that put people off more than anything else

Mate, you get that on all types of forums, not just this one. The "do a search", "Google it" "LMGTFY" response is as old as the internet, it just changes names and terms. Old twats who have been hanging on newsgroups, IRC, forums become jaded cynics. It's just the way of the world. If you stick around long enough and with enough responses you may find that you end up the same way.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:08 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
Old twats who have been hanging on forums become jaded cynics.

Promotion Wub

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:12 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

12 posts since yesterday on here Crying or Very sad

I dunno, I've been spraying posts all over the place this morning - HTH Thumbs Up Laughing

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:02 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what's killing this forum for me (aside from being bikeless right now)? Rainpal jokes.

They're not funny. At all. That horse has been flogged to death, resurrected lord-knows-how-many-times and flogged back to death again.

It's like being asked if you've ever seen the 'Charlie bit my finger' video, then having it repeated several times a day for the next year. But there's a whole group of people here that seem eager to chuck it in to completely irrelevant threads for the sake of a quick laugh.

Please, let it die.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forums need more show and tell project threads. Its this and an archived technical resource that most people come back to them for. There's too many watchers and not enough builders.

As I said forums that are doing well, are often those where everyone is building stuff, showing off their work, skills, and projects. Or its techy forums for electronic devices that are doing well.

Everything else is going dead. There's less people wanting non OEM custom stuff, as everything is available to almost everyone on a PCP rental, and people don't bond with stuff long enough to really get to know it, change or develop it. They just want the next new car or bike etc etc.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:08 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Forums need more show and tell project threads. Its this and an archived technical resource that most people come back to them for. There's too many watchers and not enough builders.

These words he speaks are true! Got to be real monster bikes, like L'il Red Machine does though, or nutty strokers and such Very Happy
And more good touring accounts, with lots of photos of....mountains! Laughing

It's 'doing' threads that make it for me. Even when I'm not in a position to do much myself.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this day and age, who really wants to advertise what they have locked away in the shed to all manner of scumbags and
tea leaves. I'm very careful to make sure there's little to identify location in any of my posted pics including turning geo
tagging off. But tbh it's a chore and takes something from the whole thing. I'd spew if I thought that pics I'd posted
had led thieves to my door. Especially in the Bristol area with our resident biketaker and his cohorts. Sign of the times unfortunately.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Ste wrote:
Would be useful if the usual suspects would keep their bickering to that forum as well.

Would be even more useful if they gave it up altogether.

If you're talking about Jewlio's abuse at me, that's a one way street. I don't ever respond to him and have him on ignore.
I gave up on him when he started using a photgraph of me lifted from my Facebook page as his avatar. When he was warned about it by an admin, he chose to just use the eyes, hidden behind a burqa and carried on using it.
It's playground stuff and I can't be arsed with him anymore.

You mean until I post, then you unignore, to downrate, you absolute cumguzzler?

Biggest hypocrite on here, with nothing worth saying about anything. Can't wait until you have an immigrant induced heart attack, you utter cunt.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MahatmaAndhi wrote:
Do you know what's killing this forum for me (aside from me being humourless right now)? not enough Rainpal jokes.

They're funny. All of them. That horse will never stop winning. They just keep on giving again and again.

It's almost as clever as the 'Charlie bit my finger' video, (which I have on repeat all day long and will be for the next few years.) There's a whole group of people here that seem to work it in to completely irrelevant threads for the sake of a quick laugh. It really brightens up shit threads and posts on here.

Please, never let it die.

IFTFY. Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:12 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Much as we enjoy them, do 'show and tell' threads generate much discussion, or are we all again just "watchers."

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:13 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

You mean until I post, then you unignore, to downrate, you absolute cumguzzler?

Biggest hypocrite on here, with nothing worth saying about anything. Can't wait until you have an immigrant induced heart attack, you utter cunt.

Shush you...

You will scare him off.

With no Bootyguard around mpw73 give us a punchbag to pound from time to time. The forum NEEDS such diversions.

I never realised the Avatar thing until it was revealed. Smile

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

She sure has purdy... Wait, what!?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
MCN wrote:

She sure has purdy... Wait, what!?

Puke

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe biking is dying.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum has gone the way of PB magazine.

It has got old and is full of the same recycled bollocks.

BUT. It will always be a special place for me.

I have made some genuine life long mates, in the last 24 hours I have been given some paddock stands by a member, arranged a fishing evening with another and regularly go out for rides with several others.
They have stuck by me through thick and thin and made my life better for it.

Fuck I even fell in love with one.

There are some amazing people on here that will go a long way out of their way to help people for no reward and I for one am happy and honoured I have met some of them.
The BBQ's at Bubbs were genuinely amazing events and I will never be able to thank him enough for them

Barely any of them post any more, the trolling and shock picture days are long gone. It is just a resource now.

Last edited by Fisty on 18:25 - 19 Aug 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 19 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 06:08 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
See, point proven, the mard, intellectually stifled, arse fingering fuckwit has un-ignored to downrate my posts.

Still, keeps him from interfering with roadkill I suppose.

Your crusade against him is every bit as tedious as his against you is. How's about the pair of you get a room?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:16 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
Your crusade against him is every bit as tedious as his against you is. How's about the pair of you get a room?

It's not just him though as he's openly racist against 2-4 others and extremely abusive towards several others. If he just STFU I wouldn't mind but like a coward he abuses the hell out of the enemy system.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 07:22 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Stop giving him a reaction and then he'll have to find someone else to wind-up for his lulz.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 9 of 24