Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yamaha Cygnus 125 2006 HELP PLS!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

viejeverde
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:59 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Yamaha Cygnus 125 2006 HELP PLS!! Reply with quote

Hi all

Have a Yamaha Cygnus 2006 model which is currently giving me a headache.
In may i fitted a new battery as the bike stopped starting with the electrical ignition,it would only work with the kick start.

Once fitted all was fine for 20 days when it started with same previous fault only kick start would start it up.Horn and indicators would not work...so i made appointment to see a mechanic.
Two days before the appointment the bike was fine,electric start,indicators horn everything worked perfectly.Weeks later again i am having same problem...one day nothing works the next all is fine,this is on a daily basis.The only new problem is that sometimes even with the kickstart it wont start first time,after quite a few tries and accelerating at the same time it starts.

I would ask if anyone out there has the faintest idea what could be wrong to please help before i do take it to the mechanic.
I would like to be able to tell hime to check a specific area as when i phoned him he said if its an intermittent fault it will take him a lot of time to find problem.
Thanks all
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you a multimeter to check battery to bike connections and if the battery is charging.?

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:16 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tell us very little I assume a Cygnus is a 125cc 4T scooter?
i phoned him he said if its an intermittent fault it will take him a lot of time to find problem.
Well that true enough, intermittent faults can be a sod to debug on a complex machine but wee scoots are generally pretty simple machines.

I'll make some guesses

As its intermittent, I'll assume the stator windings and RegRec are ok as when they go they go, they don't get better.

that leaves bad connections

There, done, sorted.
just sort them out and yer shiny

Next!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 221 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1