Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This Forum is Dying?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Are you actively trying to kill the forum?

Not at all. Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice Team Green wheel from a big Ninja! Now that makes a 12page thread all worth it! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:11 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Brick Wall

Leave him on your enemies list rather than wasting any more of your time. Every time you remove him from your enemies list for the purpose of rating one of his posts, he wins. You're giving him exactly what he's looking for; a reaction from you.

When you stop giving him what he's wanting then he'll find something else to do as it'll be very boring for him without you taking the bait.

Skudd wrote:
ELEVEN pages!

The forum is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

^^^There's the reason this place has gone to pot.
Take away nobcat and Ste (eventually) turns into a sensible poster and Skudd stops trolling.

nowhere.elysium hit the nail on the head with
Quote:
I've not seen either of you post anything even remotely motorcycle-related in fucking ages.
I know I'm not much better as circumstances and fucking terrible Florida drivers mean I don't, and won't for a while yet, have another bike, unless it's a project but I do try to keep my hand in and vary my forays into 'current affairs' and 'random banter' with the occasional helpful post in the workshop.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:36 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rate abusive but unfortunately I'm not a grown man
Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:38 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tediousness has now bored me ridged. I've enemied both.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an occasional poster / reader ... it strikes me that not much has really changed other than the rotation of socks / usernames.

It's helpful in the places you want it to be and if you don't want or need help, there is abuse and trolling aplenty.

Makes a good forum as far as i'm concerned - it's not exactly mumsnet in here yet is it Mr. Green

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
BBQ

Just been told by the folks that it is a HARD NO for the BBQ... fuck. I'll keep working on them but they say they have plans for the land next year that will prevent us using it.

I'll see what I can do.

Leave it mate, your folks owe us absolutely nothing and they never signed up to be a regular venue for us reprobates to come down every year and shit in their fields. Their land is their livelihood and I couldn't in good conscience come down and party knowing I was inadvertently thinning their wallets.

It's not your responsibility to try and solve the BBQ crisis either. Half of my gripe is that you haven't had a chance to put your feet up properly at a venue that wasn't yours and enjoy yourself, as being on your own turf has meant that you've always been on duty in some way shape or form, and it's high time you had a year where the only thing you had to worry about was who was going to do the next crawl to the beer bucket or roll the next doobie.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
That was Dunc, unless I missed something.

Mmmmmm, Dunc Wub

/pervy

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
piazza wrote:
That was Dunc, unless I missed something.

Mmmmmm, Dunc Wub

/pervy

https://media.giphy.com/media/agwRgmVDJceZO/giphy.gif

Laughing

myvision
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:27 - 22 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
Penny Coin Penny Coin

This forum has definitely become quieter. I used to be spoilt for choice with threads and spend hours soaking it all in, not anymore. We did have a much larger pool of regular posters and many seem to have left the forum for good without even the courtesy of a farewell flounce post.

There used to be a lot more freedom. I think Ste's posts got me a verbal warning from my boss a couple of times as you could never tell what you would find when opening a thread. "not safe for work" tags probably saved my job.

I think a lot of people lost interest as soon as they fell foul of the new rules and their accounts got banned. It takes a long time to build karma and even though people claim they don't care, it shows a vested interest and gives you a bit of status. Then on top of that, the perceived seniority of the date you joined also gives you the sense of belonging. Losing that can be enough to say, "fuck it, they don't really care here, I'm off".

My issue is time. I went through a house build which I documented here, I had kids, I moved house and got a new job etc.. It all meant less time to dedicate to it. I'm still frequenting the forum daily but rarely post... mostly because my life has become a groundhog day'esque existence of parenting monotony which is hardly winning reading material. Once I'm through these early years I'll start posting a bit more often.

How to fix this?? I have no idea. I do like the sound of having instant notifications similar to facebook notification drop down list to show the changes etc. But that takes money. I am bored of reading peoples opinions of political goings on, I keep hearing the same opinions over and over again and it's even cropped up in this thread. The only people that care are the 2 or 3 people verbally abusing each other. Everyone else just scrolls past and wishes they would STFU.

myvision wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Bubbs has already offered up his Dad's place. Wonderful place for a party tbh.

It's a shame that he hasn't managed to get to one that isn't at his place.

Count me in then.
Where and who do I pay?
I'm already looking forward to it.

I'm buttering the old man up for the place next year. I'm also waiting on the announcement from Welsh Road Race (Welsh TT) so that we can tie in with that. Once I get everything firmed up my end I'll chuck a thread up to announce. As usual we will have:

- Clay pigeon shooting
- Digger driving
- Maybe 4x4 driving on John Deere Gator
- Ripping around fields and forests on dirt bikes (bring your own)
- Nice roaring fire
- No sound restrictions all night
- plus more things as they come to me...

Righto
I'm in.
Just read the rest of the thread shame it can't be.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:54 - 22 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHERE IS THE FUCKING BCF APP?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:29 - 22 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could probably make a new BCF forum from scratch if people so wished. With the notifications and stuff too. And no loss of karma for saying bad words Very Happy you cunts.

Would take a while though as it would be a spare-time project, in a life already filled with programming.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:40 - 22 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
I know I'm not much better as circumstances and fucking terrible Florida drivers mean I don't, and won't for a while yet, have another bike

Get out of my state.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:23 - 22 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Bubbs wrote:
BBQ

Just been told by the folks that it is a HARD NO for the BBQ... fuck. I'll keep working on them but they say they have plans for the land next year that will prevent us using it.

I'll see what I can do.

Leave it mate, your folks owe us absolutely nothing and they never signed up to be a regular venue for us reprobates to come down every year and shit in their fields. Their land is their livelihood and I couldn't in good conscience come down and party knowing I was inadvertently thinning their wallets.

It's not your responsibility to try and solve the BBQ crisis either. Half of my gripe is that you haven't had a chance to put your feet up properly at a venue that wasn't yours and enjoy yourself, as being on your own turf has meant that you've always been on duty in some way shape or form, and it's high time you had a year where the only thing you had to worry about was who was going to do the next crawl to the beer bucket or roll the next doobie.

GhostRider

Yeah, it can be quite hard work as everyone looks to you to solve problems. I'm defo up for putting my feet up... I do have a solution though that will blow you all away. The Touratech 2019 Travel Weekend.

It is a bloody amazing venue that we can make use of which I believe is also free for camping (at least it was last year). I put up a thread about it in the past but it was so last minute that no-one would have been able to make it.

It includes:

- Free camping (well it was at the last one)
- Free hire of (brand new) road bikes (BMW, KTM, Triumph)
- Free hire of dirt bikes (same manufacturers)
- Organised ride outs both on and off road
- Evening entertainment marquee
- Bar
- Catering food

It's literally right next door to my work. I popped in to have a look and it looked amazing. You can party all night and there are 1500 like minded bikers all there enjoying too.

It's not quite as intimate an experience as we're used to but that means it doesn't matter how many people from BCF turn up. Even if only 3 turn up it's still going to rock. Honestly it's going to be fucking awesome!

Some pics from the weekend... (not mine)

https://i.imgur.com/SCt7A1A.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/m207Lv3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wQMh2PN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8VYcyFP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QieibPN.jpg

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 22 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
I know I'm not much better as circumstances and fucking terrible Florida drivers mean I don't, and won't for a while yet, have another bike

Get out of my state.

I thought you were in NYC and CA?

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 22 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re OP, we're camping ATM and so the BCF mugs have been dug out. Looking at the names on them brings home the subject of this thread.

Bearing in mind that these mugs weren't made that long ago, as well as the fact that one had to pay extra to gave one's name on them, at least half those members dont post anymore.

Some of them have been quiet for so long that I'd forgotten that I'd forgotten them. Yet 3 or so years ago, they cared enough to pay Marm extra, to have their name on a BCF mug.

Oh how things change, sigh.

I really hope that we can have a getogether somewhere next year, all the BBQs have been brilliant and great bonding sessions. Theres no date for a Tourtech event as suggested by Bubbs, so we need to keep and eye out for suitable events\venues.

For 2018 there's still this

https://nobullbeerandbikes.co.uk

Its less than 8 miles from us, but before anyone accuses us of self-interest, we cant go because we're on the Isle of Man.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 22 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Re OP, we're camping ATM and so the BCF mugs have been dug out. Looking at the names on them brings home the subject of this thread.

Bearing in mind that these mugs weren't made that long ago, as well as the fact that one had to pay extra to gave one's name on them, at least half those members dont post anymore.

Some of them have been quiet for so long that I'd forgotten that I'd forgotten them. Yet 3 or so years ago, they cared enough to pay Marm extra, to have their name on a BCF mug.

Oh how things change, sigh.

I really hope that we can have a getogether somewhere next year, all the BBQs have been brilliant and great bonding sessions. Theres no date for a Tourtech event as suggested by Bubbs, so we need to keep and eye out for suitable events\venues.

For 2018 there's still this

https://nobullbeerandbikes.co.uk

Its less than 8 miles from us, but before anyone accuses us of self-
interest, we cant go because we're on the Isle of Man.

May it was this year so assume the same next year.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 22 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot all about those mugs, I will have to find mine!

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:32 - 23 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
I thought you were in NYC and CA?

Not I, I'm up on the panhandle, near(ish) to panama city.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 23 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:

I forgot all about those mugs, I will have to find mine!

I always drink tea from a BCF mug when tinkering with my bikes. Having miraculously not cocked up (knowingly), firmly believe the mug brings good luck Smile

EDIT:
On a personal note, I fell out of love with life and bikes. A slight improvement made on both over some months. But it was reading this thread that was a bit of a wakeup.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 23 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

I always drink tea from a BCF mug when tinkering with my bikes. Having miraculously not cocked up (knowingly), firmly believe the mug brings good luck Smile

EDIT:
On a personal note, I fell out of love with life and bikes. A slight improvement made on both over some months. But it was reading this thread that was a bit of a wakeup.

You've still got a bike and still in the SE? I'm going to assume that the SE section is still beating the tarmac?
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 23 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

You've still got a bike and still in the SE? I'm going to assume that the SE section is still beating the tarmac?

Yes, although we've NOT done Mayday, Margate, Southend, Brightona, Loomies, Ace, Lile Karting, Santa Pod, Trackdays or anything that has happened previously. Everyone is too busy and split/moved away.

Instead we did one big trip to Austria in July.

Instead of group rides, I've just gone out on my own. Which I think keeps me happier more of the time.

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:16 - 24 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the first time posting on a forum, it was like magic - I posted a question about a game one evening, went to bed then woke up to replies (yes, real people had replied to my question - amazing). At the age of 10 this was incredible to me that someone replied in such a short space of time, it was fascinating. Bear in mind this was back in 2003.

These days people expect replies in an instant, applications such as Discord and facebook groups are unfortunately replacing forums (from what I've seen atleast) - which I think is a great shame. We expect things in an instant, TV shows on demmand, instant messaging etc.

The trouble with "instant replies" is they're often not very well thought out or descriptive, from what I've seen at least.

Also people need to contribute! I'm not in the position to say it to be honest, as I need to contribute more myself - but if you have a bunch of lurkers on a forum it's of course eventually going to die.
winz This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 219 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 12 of 24