Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Do you use Bulb Energy? Free £50 if you do...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:38 - 08 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested. I've posted my referral link on a few comments sections across the internet and i've generated 6 referrals.. £300 for doing next to nothing. Pretty decent little earner.

ijmok
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:16 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bubbs,
£50 bonus towards the winter is appreciated
Rob

bulb.co.uk/refer/robe2718

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 10 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ijmok wrote:
Thanks bubbs,
Rob

Thanks for using my link Rob.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 31 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
ijmok wrote:
Thanks bubbs,
Rob

Thanks for using my link Rob.

Still offering your bribe? I'm going to be switching soon.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 31 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir. Just give me a shout once you've done it.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
Yes sir. Just give me a shout once you've done it.

Signed up, £50 credit and £20 bribe received from Bubbs Thumbs Up

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
£80 or £90 a month? Shocked

I pay £25 and it's always warm in my house, apart from when it's not and then I just go to nobbys house because it's always tropical there. Razz

Ha ha ha !.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 45 days between these two posts...

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 27 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

*UPDATE*

I've made £5,425 this year from this. It's a nice little pocket money earner. It's helped me purchase 2 holidays and all sorts of other things.

Worth trying!

https://i.imgur.com/e3Xjch4.jpg

Join bulb here...

bulb.co.uk/refer/dafyddd2448

You'll get £50 for joining, but I'll chuck you an extra £20 from the money I receive as a thank you for using my link. This will give you a tidy £70.00 profit. Just let me know when you've used it, and as soon as it shows up I will PayPal you £20.00.

The bribe continues...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:58 - 27 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of those 108 people, how many are BCF people who have contacted you for their £20 and how many must be random people who've found this thread from Google?

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 27 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Of those 108 people, how many are BCF people who have contacted you for their £20 and how many must be random people who've found this thread from Google?

I think only 2 bcf people have taken me up on this. Vast majority have been from work and from moneysavingexpert comments boxes. Couldn’t tell you how many would have been bcf visitors. Not many I imagine

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 29 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of them, still with them Thumbs Up
Pretty good prices still (had a couple of referrals from my family too)

Only snag I've had with them was my decision to fit a smart meter (SMETS2, so all good) - the initial issue wasn't Bulb's fault as such, just the shitty contractor that they used - anyway, the fitter turns up, clearly his first day on the job, spends 6 (SIX) hours changing the electric meter (The finished 'smart meter' install is actually wonky too, proper lulzy, my electrician disconnected, moved & recommissioned the entire consumer unit from the garage to my utility room in less time)
He then starts on the gas meter - disconnects the old meter and decides halfway through that he can't do it - so reconnects old one* - but then (unbeknownst to me at the time) rather than just cancelling the gas part of the order, he cancels the entire thing. So now, 6 months on, Bulb still haven't acknowledged the fact I have a smart meter on the electric and keep rejecting my (manual!) meter readings as they don't tally up with the old meter. I've had support ticket-after-ticket-after-ticket trying to get them to update their system, but computer says no.
They still have the cheek to hassle me for a meter reading as I "haven't provided one for 6 months". Getting to become one of those you-couldn't-make-this-up type of scenarios.

(*He said he's not experienced enough to do this particular type of gas meter, but someone more experienced would be around to do it...again, 6 months later, nada)

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 29 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
Only snag I've had with them was my decision to fit a smart meter (SMETS2, so all good) - the initial issue wasn't Bulb's fault as such, just the shitty contractor that they used

So it was Bulb's fault.
Your story is one of the reasons I will have no truck with bloody smart meters. As my current energy contract is up for renewal soon I'm a bit concerned by reports that the cheapest tarrifs will only be available to suckers customers who agree to having them fitted...

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:55 - 02 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
goto10 wrote:
Only snag I've had with them was my decision to fit a smart meter (SMETS2, so all good) - the initial issue wasn't Bulb's fault as such, just the shitty contractor that they used

So it was Bulb's fault.
Your story is one of the reasons I will have no truck with bloody smart meters. As my current energy contract is up for renewal soon I'm a bit concerned by reports that the cheapest tarrifs will only be available to suckers customers who agree to having them fitted...

Not my fault he decided to go for a smart meter. I have no such wizadry in my home and have had zero issues. I refuse to get one of those gadgets. I've heard nothing but negatives from them since they were released.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:14 - 02 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be getting a smart meter until the people being paid lots of money by the government to give advice about what needs to happen with the rollout of smart meters want to get smart meters fitted to their own homes. Laughing

Approximately all that's happened so far is they've been paid to give lots of useful advice, most of which hasn't be followed and now they're being paid more money to give advice on how to fix problems which were caused as a result of the earlier advice not been followed.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
Freddyfruitbat wrote:

So it was Bulb's fault.

Not my fault he decided to go for a smart meter. I have no such wizadry in my home and have had zero issues. I refuse to get one of those gadgets. I've heard nothing but negatives from them since they were released.

He said Bulb's fault, not Bubb's fault Very Happy

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I won't be getting a smart meter until the people being paid lots of money by the government to give advice about what needs to happen with the rollout of smart meters want to get smart meters fitted to their own homes. Laughing

Approximately all that's happened so far is they've been paid to give lots of useful advice, most of which hasn't be followed and now they're being paid more money to give advice on how to fix problems which were caused as a result of the earlier advice not been followed.

I wanted one because of Bulb's smart tariff - it has 3 rates - peak/mid/low.
It's cheaper than the normal tariff all day long (mid rate), aside from between 4pm & 7pm (during which time you'll be spanked for using anything power-hungry, such as a cooker or tumble dryer) - but between 11pm & 7am it goes onto the cheaper-still night rate. Weekends have no peak slot - they're at the mid tariff all day and the low tariff all night.
I've worked out that I'll be quids in doing this - I also want a hybrid in the next year or two - so overnight charging will also be super-cheap.
(But it doesn't work, so ignore all of the above :p )

https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360017795731-About-Bulb-s-smart-tariff

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also just noticed that you can officially link your Smart meter to SmartThings:

https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360034651651-Setting-up-SmartThings-Energy-Control-STEC-#h_ab679fe1-e49f-453d-8714-ac6c7e05e46f

I've just linked mine to my SmartThings account, but no data is coming through yet (my smart meter's In Home Display (IHD) works OK, so I thought that it might do something, but I guess the problem above might be stopping the integration, ho hum)
Pretty cool feature if it works though.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 06 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
Bubbs wrote:

Oh yeah... I must have skim read that one.

Laughing

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 06 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
goto10 wrote:
Oh yeah... I must have skim read that one.Laughing

I thought you were making a (moderately funny) joke, actually!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2