Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Zongshen RX3, Honely RX3 CSC RX3

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

nzbrakelathes
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 02:57 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Zongshen RX3, Honely RX3 CSC RX3 Reply with quote

Any open threads for this bike out here? I can't find open threads but I am dumn new!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 06:15 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People tend to open a thread for a specific problem they're having. We're not the kind of forum to host megathreads for particular bikes, as a rule.
nzbrakelathes This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:42 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bother? The only thing you need to learn from one of those is "I shouldn't have bought chinese rubbish".

You'll find out the hard way.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
nzbrakelathes This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

mattsprattuk
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:54 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wants to buy your shit.
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith

nzbrakelathes
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 07:01 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for the reply.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:56 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nzbrakelathes wrote:
Ah right, I am not having issues but rather the opposite as I could supply solutions to problems.

Mind you I have yet to fit a new stepper motor that I got in to see if I can remove the surge/bogging just of idle and popping from decel
I suspect it to be a slow acting stepper motor.

Also I have another water over flow tank, 2 versions I will test them out.

Is it cool I post here my findings and products? Is there a specific place or set of rules on that? sorry i am new here :S

are there many guys who ride the RX3 in the UK etc?

Hi I had an RX-3, which I used mainly in crap weather, I enjoyed riding it, and it was quick enough for the motorway.. I don't work over in Leicester so often anymore, as I mainly work from home, especially in crap weather, so, I've donated it to my stepson, who now uses it as his crap weather bike, as his commute has increased !!

Cracking little bike, just poorly supported by Honley, parts are very easy to get though if needed. Looking forward to seeing what Zongshen's electric offering wil be like

nzbrakelathes
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 08:01 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big bore kit has been popular with a load of USA customers etc.

Like I say I have this bike with the upgrade and lovely power upgrade as it adds the torque where there was lacking etc.

The opinions on the bikes and how liked or not seem to differ in different countries etc.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 08:57 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total UK motorcycle sales in 2017, were less than 100,000.
In the UK motorcycle trade associations top ten brands, those you mention didn't appear..... go figure.....
I Dont really think that the three hundred or so UK owners of Honilee and whatever it is, REALLY offer much chance to make your company rich.....
Spam Elsewhere.
IF you want to report some less commercial but interesting project, you may try the "Show & Tell" board, but be warned, that is also not very spam-tolerant; but if you are doing something inspirational to other DIYers, it would likely be apreciated.
Good Luck
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:01 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nzbrakelathes wrote:

are there many guys who ride the RX3 in the UK etc?

I am one of the VERY VERY few who rides a Honley/Zongshen/RX3 or whatever you want to call it.

A good little bike once I got some minor issues sorted.
Honley/Zongshen’s support in this country is non existent/appalling.

Shame really because it is a fairly good bike and has the potential to sell more.
Why would any idiot buy a bike that isn’t supported by the manufacturer in this country?
Opps! That would be me then Doh! Confused

Do Zongshen even know where the United Kingdom/Great Britain is?
Do they even care?

nzbrakelathes
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:05 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I care Very Happy [/quote]

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised at your reaction, Teff, as you seem to embrace with open arms that which is unreliable, under powered, under braked and replete with the dodgiest of electrics.
Chinese stuff is what it is, generally motorcycle shaped and does what a motorcycle generally does. They are built to a price and bought by the totally inexperienced, usually impecunious yoof who proceed to ride them well beyond their, admittedly, poor performance envelope.
But!!! Given a level of maintenance and strategic replacement of certain parts, they do a very adequate job. My bread and butter is keeping said yoof mobile enough to get to their zero hours, minimum wage jobs.
Parts are, to a large extent, interchangeable or adaptable. E Bay has had everything I have ever needed to keep these things road worthy at laughably low prices. Minimum tools needed, you can have one in its component pieces within an hour or so. Sniff all you like, these are no worse than the Bantams, James, Franny Barnets of my yoof, probably far more reliable than the Tiger Cubs, C15's too. Just because you are living in a comfortable middle / late age, don't disparage those living hand to mouth whose only form of transport is a Chinky 125.

nzbrakelathes
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:44 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something I did to my own bike for a great result, NC300 big bore kit

Now if only I could work out how to attach a few photos!

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:19 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Jjdugen , the RX3 is a 250 and imho , light years ahead of a C15.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:03 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected!

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 19:36 - 06 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
Surprised at your reaction, Teff, as you seem to embrace with open arms that which is unreliable, under powered, under braked and replete with the dodgiest of electrics.

Eh? What Old'Onda's?

Like Children & Animals mate, they can always spot a mug, I think.
I never set out to buy a single one of them, (Set out I think to buy a Yamaha, most often!) but every one just seemed to follow me home like a stray dog!
Even the Montesa!.. which is only bike I own that aint an old-onda, but just so it didn't feel left out, Honda bought the effin company!! Laughing Jeez, even the dang Lawn-Mower's an accidental ruddy 'Onda!

Reaction was more the fact that LatheBraker there, was spamming to an audience, pretty much solely of Peperami!

In the MCI Top-Ten brands; The Japanese Big 4, have about 60% UK Market share between them. (Honda alone about 1/4 of it!) BMW/Triumph/KTM/Piagio, plus Hardley, Share about as much as Honda has on their own... and the only Chinese 'Brand' to make the list is Lexmoto.... with barely 5% of the pie, and all sales in the the sub 125cc sector that alone accounts for approx half of all UK registrations... it don't leave a lot of room for a more obscure, over 125cc Chinky brand!!!

Not sure that the Business model's so well planned... lets pick the most obscure, smallest volume motorcycle made, that sells pretty much on low-price to folk that don't want to spend more money than they can get away with... and try flog them accessories for it! He'd probably have more chance selling heated rear windscreen elements and fluffy dice to Reliant Robin owners! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:46 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
Nobody wants to buy your shit.

You underestimate the power of Marketing.

Around here, Lexmoto is king. The kids want them, as a brand. Sinnis follows fairly closely. In their eyes, they can get a brand new bike for the price of a 15yr old one. Unless they're old and cheap, the usual four names don't get a look in. Yes, we know they won't maintain it, it'll be neglected and abused, it'll be worth nothing in 5 years time. But the odd one that does look after it will have it for years.

If anecdotal evidence is any help, my 15yr old Korean 125 is more reliable than my 22yr old VFR750. It doesn't run out of electric pixies like the Honda. Yeah, drastic oversimplification but you get the point.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:49 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
don't leave a lot of room for a more obscure, over 125cc Chinky brand!!!

You do realise the RX3 is a 250?? They also do a 450 ( RX4) Shame there's no distributor for the bigger Zongshen bikes in the UK, just Sinnins with 'their' Terrain 125 ( the erstwhile Zongshen RX1 !!)

Having said that, I'm waiting to see the results of their electric bike offering, that they are punting for a contract from the chinese government for the police..

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/-/media/default-website/2018/march/chinas-electric-adventure-bike/zongshen-zs8000dj.ashx?h=645&w=740&la=en&hash=9AEEBCD309A19EC2B0E092C8AB7AEB605E8A667B

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 08:27 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:
don't leave a lot of room for a more obscure, over 125cc Chinky brand!!!

You do realise the RX3 is a 250??

No.. does that matter?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:32 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:

You do realise the RX3 is a 250?? [/quote]

No.. does that matter?[/quote]

It does.
We’ve had this debate before about the quality of Chinese bikes.
And again I’ll say the quality of my Chinese bike has given me only a small amount of problems that were easily rectified.
It’s the manufacturers lack of support that is the issue.

I remember many problems with my old Suzuki (Japanese) GT 250’s
The difference was that Suzuki had a dealer network and spares set up and that made living with a GT 250 ok.

nzbrakelathes
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:24 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My RX3 is 283cc called the NC300
The RX1 is either water cooled 150cc or Air cooled 200cc should anyone give a flying damn!

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 07 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nzbrakelathes wrote:
My RX3 is 283cc called the NC300
The RX1 is either water cooled 150cc or Air cooled 200cc should anyone give a flying damn!

That may be the case for some vaariants, but not all, the RX1 (ZS125-51) over here is 125cc

https://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/product/sinnis-terrain/

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/-/media/default-website/2018/june/sinnis-terrain-125-2018-review/dsc_4946e.ashx?h=444&w=740&la=en&hash=7C1293DC52C760A5DDE3AD9B72949AAC115407DC

nzbrakelathes
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 06:59 - 14 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a decent order going to the UK next week - all RX3 parts etc.
Its a funny world!

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:48 - 14 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nzbrakelathes wrote:
I have a decent order going to the UK next week - all RX3 parts etc.
Its a funny world!

It’s a funny old world, someone from New Zealand living in China supplying parts to Brits for a bike the Manufacturer don’t support??

I like my RX3, but I won’t buy another one.

CSC in America do Spares for the RX3.

Either way , I have a long road for my spares Sad .
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2