Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki gsx750f bogging and strange idle

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suzuki gav
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:02 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Suzuki gsx750f bogging and strange idle Reply with quote

Hi I'm new here and am looking for some help with my 1994 gsx750f. So I bought it about a month ago when it ran fine. How ever about two weeks in and it started to hold back for a second when I was pulling the throttle back. I also noticed if you blip the throttle when you were standing still say to 3000rpm it would blip up but when you let go of the throttle it would fall way down to 500rpm then correct its self to 1500rpm almost straight away. I came to the conclusion that o e of the jets were blocked and working 50 hr weeks didn't have time to strip them so ran some sea foam through the tank. All was excellent for about a week after now its idling at 3000rpm and that bogging is back.

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 03 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There`s only one way to clean carbs and that`s a strip down and service.
Also the tank / tap need checking and fitting an inline fuel filter if possible . It`s 24 years young!
Also 1500 rpm idle is way too high.

Suzuki gav
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:16 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I thought so just been lazy because I had a look at getting to the carbs and clean them and it's looks quite a daunting task as I've not really done anything like this before but I'll have to delve into it when I have some time off. What should it be idle in at 1000?

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, providing the valve clearances, compression tests and pilot fuel/air mixtures are ok.
You should be able to blip the throttle from 1,000rpm upwards without hesitation.

L33n
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:50 - 09 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carb clean isn't as hard as it looks just make sure you take apart & put back together in same way mate blow jets out properly & idle is 1300 factory' settings

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:36 - 10 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

L33n wrote:
Carb clean isn't as hard as it looks just make sure you take apart & put back together in same way mate blow jets out properly & idle is 1300 factory' settings

There is more to cv carbs than jets, also 1300rpm factory settings maybe with the e.e.c emissions shite.
Remove the tamper proof pilot fuel / air mixture screws and set it to run properly as my last post.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 222 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1