Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Gsx 750 inazuma running problems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 11 Sep 2018    Post subject: Gsx 750 inazuma running problems Reply with quote

This bikes been a pain in my ass , it ran shitty when I got it and got worse over winter , been messing for ages now .

Carbs have been stripped numerous times and cleaned alot , it's had new coils with leads , full service Inc plugs and filters .

It's not ran since last year , only idles with the choke on full but it fluctuates up to 4k and back down again . If I take the choke off it bogs and cuts out , if I touch the throttle at all it cuts out !

Checked all my hoses and joins for air leaks , bought my self a thermometer gun and one cylinder wasn't firing .

Pulled the plug tonight and it's getting a really good spark , pulled carb out again but only cleaned the one which wasn't firing , put it all back together and now that cylinder is firing but now another fucking 2 aren't !

Can anyone give me any advice at all it's been giving shit since last year at this rate I'm gonna Wang it in the van and take it to a garage 🤔

Sorry for any typos on my phone !

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 11 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drain the carbs and start with fresh fuel. Also, have you balanced the carburetors properly?

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 11 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you finding when you keep stripping the carbs?
You say one cyl not firing (thermo gun) i think you mean not working!
((The other 2 aren`t !!!))) Which 2 at that time?
Does fuel p*ss out with tap in (pri) position hoping it`s a vacuum tap?

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 11 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got new fuel in, put it in last week . Tanks been drained and new seal put on the tap and yes it's vacuum fed , I've had the carbs off loads since before summer so I'm not finding anything . After I had them off tonight it was the right two if sat on the bike so 3 and 4 .

I think one of the jets might have been clogged a bit but the others where spotless , I blew threw it and it cleared right up so don't know if it was just fuel or not ?

I must be missing something or not doing something right as I seem to be going round in circles

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 11 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temperature wise cylinder 1+2 where 120 ISH and 3+4 where 30ish

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 11 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

3+4 rules out the coils.
Does fuel flow with the tap on (pri) position????
Did you remove all 4 pilot jets, 4 choke/ starter jets and 4 main jets to clean them?????
Did you fit an inline fuel filter so crap from the tank and fuel tap cannot enter the carbs???
""""only idles with the choke on full but it fluctuates up to 4k and back down again ."""" This tells me it`s lack of fuel flow so is the tank breathing????

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 11 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

show us a picture of all of your float needles and seats.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a gauze filter under the fuel inlet on each carb body. Take the floats out and where the needle valve sits is a brass fitting that pulls out, filter is on the carb body side. I've found that with these Suzuki carbs the O ring sealer on the fuel inlet goes weak, it lets fuel trickle past, causing high fuel levels or even flooding. New O rings cure this,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 12 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies I'll be leaving it while Saturday but no doubt I'll be posting saying I haven't fixed it 🤣
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 362 days between these two posts...

mike mock
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:45 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have EXACTLY the same issue on mine too.
Any further ideas greatly appreciated.

ps looked for some gauze filters, but they don't seem to exist.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 201 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1