Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Burton MOD 2 Test Routes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 16 Sep 2018    Post subject: Burton MOD 2 Test Routes Reply with quote

Got my MOD 2 coming up soon and as I won't be having any lessons I need to familiarise myself with the place Laughing

I've read online that they can't publish their test routes, but does anyone local to the area know where they're likely to take me?

Thumbs Up

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 16 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I done my mod2 my instructor said they only used 2 routes (in Newport), he showed me both.... and with the exception of leaving the test centre neither examiner followed the routes I'd been shown.

If you don't know the area very well then just ride around and practice your hill starts on the steepest hills you can find, stop at awkward junctions etc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:35 - 16 Sep 2018    Post subject: Re: Burton MOD 2 Test Routes Reply with quote

DRZ4Hunned wrote:
I need to familiarise myself with the place

Why?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 16 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.motorcycletesttips.uk/riding-test/motorcycle-test-routes/burton-on-trent-motorcycle-test-routes/

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 16 Sep 2018    Post subject: Re: Burton MOD 2 Test Routes Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
DRZ4Hunned wrote:
I need to familiarise myself with the place

Why?

Always helps to know where you're going Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:04 - 16 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That shouldn't be necessary.

If you can only ride properly to test standard on roads that you're familiar with then you're not ready to pass the test.

But if you want to know what there's going to be on the test route, let me help you with that:
- There'll be a couple of roundabouts where you need to be careful with your choice of lane when approaching it and you'll need to be even more careful with the necessary lane changes when you're on the roundabout.
- There'll be some silly "take the next available left turn" attempts to trip you up.
- There'll be some awkward speed limits where you need to make sure you don't speed up too early.
- etc etc etc

It's all the same standard boring shit that they have at all test centres. You really shouldn't need to be familiar with the test routes or even with the town.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 16 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should learn to ride and passing your test is a by the way thing. There may be the odd dodgy junction in that area that would be wise to know, more for your own riding skill than the route.

I have known ADIs with high pass rates but with poor drivers just because they have done the test routes only. Learn to ride and the test should just be a nice ride out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

matto
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:09 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problems you'll have in Burton are the badly marked one-way streets and daft split entrance roundabouts that cause traffic to utterly fail to keep lane discipline around the islands.

Looking at the route posted above the only concern is that the first bit of Parkway and then Wellington Road are 40 limits, although the repeater signs along Wellington are well hidden in bushes etc.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 215 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1