Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Attempted bike theft now it keeps cutting out

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

pickettwayne
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Attempted bike theft now it keeps cutting out Reply with quote

Hello all,

Bit of a long one this, so will try keep it short.

Someone tried to steal my bike last week outside work. It's a bandit mk1 600. They didn't take it but nackered the handlebars and ignition. I managed to change everything over yesterday. New igniton, fuel cap and seat lock and handlebars. Ran ok when I tested yesterday for 10 minutes. On my commute this morning. It kept cutting out after a mile or two. Almost like it wasn't getting fuel but the tank is full. Any suggestions what I can check? Could it be because I've changed the fuel tank cap some how?

Also, whoever tried to steal my bike dropped their phone before they legged it so I now have a phone with all his contacts (Including his mom). As the police said they cant link the phone to the crime Im stuck with the phone (its's a rubbish burner phone) But with all his contacts. So any recommendations on what I should do with these number then let me know. I've already signed his mother up to about 20 ppi call back request things.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:16 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you called her and told her what a scumbag her son is? I'd do that for a while.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:17 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or tell her you found the phone and want to meet the owner to return it
Laughing

pickettwayne
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Have you called her and told her what a scumbag her son is? I'd do that for a while.

Yeah most days. Just needing to get my bike up and running as it's my commuter. Once that's up and running then They're properly having it.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:26 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it cuts out open the cap, if there's a rush of air and it will run with an open cap you either need a vented cap or breather tube is blocked.

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send many takeaways and taxis to all of his Pikey thieving friends Thumbs Up

ಠ_ಠ

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Re: Attempted bike theft now it keeps cutting out Reply with quote

pickettwayne wrote:
(Including his mom)

Was he an american?

pickettwayne
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Re: Attempted bike theft now it keeps cutting out Reply with quote

Evil Hans wrote:
pickettwayne wrote:
(Including his mom)

Was he an american?

??

No need really is there? I say mom so spell it like that. I bet you're a right laugh to go to the pub with.

Last edited by pickettwayne on 14:07 - 17 Sep 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:56 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you've got his phone, from his number you can get his name which will help you find his address.

What you can do from that point is only limited by your imagination. Twisted Evil

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet this is who did it.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:56 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be pinched breather pipe for tank or where you've fitted the new filler it's filled the breather at the top.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:25 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tempting to put an add up on gumtree or similar detailing a 600 bandit with ignition damage due to thieving pikey scum and give the mother's phone number.

pickettwayne
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:38 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It's tempting to put an add up on gumtree or similar detailing a 600 bandit with ignition damage due to thieving pikey scum and give the mother's phone number.

Ohhh that is a good one. I like that.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:46 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to post photos of his mum.

Sending lots of takeaways, possibly to all arrive at exactly the same time, isn't so simple since Hungry House stopped being a thing. Sad

Luckily, there are never enough adverts for cheap nearly new TVs, fridge freezers and stuff like that. Wink

For bonus points, put their address in the advert.

You can also advertise free rabbits / hamsters / kittens / rats / other small furry creatures. You need to make the ad using phrases stolen from other adverts so that it all sounds genuine, steal a photo from somewhere to show what the cute fluffy animals look like, put their address and out of politeness you should request that people don't come before 4pm.

They will get driven insane by people turning up at their house and or phoning them wanting free kittens.

If there's any chance the kid is confused about his sexuality then you could help him by placing some personal ads. Bi curious 18 year old wants to explore his sexuality, etc etc etc, and give his phone number.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Sending lots of takeaways, possibly to all arrive at exactly the same time, isn't so simple since Hungry House stopped being a thing. Sad
[...]
They will get driven insane by people turning up at their house

Hmm. This sort of stuff has far more impact, including financially, on the innocent people who are duped into cooking and transporting takeaways, driving their taxis over there etc. Not good.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:25 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why Hungry House got eaten by Just Eat.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:26 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be tempted to place call girl/lover boy card adverts in phone boxes but that's illegal? Even a Sharpy marker to write numbers in pervert hideout places would work.

In the early internet days there was a spam someone type of link. You filled in the basic info and a whole heap of things would be delivered, them added to etc. Like a chain reaction of spammers and sales folk selling the info to even more companies. I believe it became illegal to do such things and was lost to time??

Don't, whatever you do, get a local farmer to deliver a heap of fresh manure to their door. I did that once and the b*gger sold it in barrow fulls to his neighbours and made money Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 194 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1