Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
DVLA (as usual here it seems..)

A whole bunch of inept non-communicating bunch of unskilled power crazy b*stards. (sorry for lingo)
Idiots who know nothing about the topic of their department (despite being a help line for it) and who change their answers dependent on what day of the week it is or who answers the call. Either way each and every answer was incorrect.

Seriously, what happened to that wonderful DVLA that was most helpful and easy to use?

Did that animal ever exist?

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forecast for today was a 3/4% chance of rain. Its pissed it down all morning and my waterproofs aren’t waterproof and I have a wet arse.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Fourte wrote:
DVLA (as usual here it seems..)

A whole bunch of inept non-communicating bunch of unskilled power crazy b*stards. (sorry for lingo)
Idiots who know nothing about the topic of their department (despite being a help line for it) and who change their answers dependent on what day of the week it is or who answers the call. Either way each and every answer was incorrect.

Seriously, what happened to that wonderful DVLA that was most helpful and easy to use?

Did that animal ever exist?

Kinda. I remember the days when paperwork was easy and straightforward. I remember when most cities had a local office where you got real answers.

Sure I can fix my problem but to take 6 weeks to send a letter saying 'computer says no' when all of my help line responses were 'aye'. It takes the biscuit this.

Man I'm gona need a tug at this rate...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more of a petty thing but it is irritating me anyway.

Lots of posts on Facebook about stolen bikes, have you seen this bike, found this abandoned bike outside my house etc. But a large number of them can't spell the word 'stolen'.

My bike has been stollen. Now, to me, stollen is that bread-y cake-y thing you have at Christmas time with the dried fruit and marzipan in it topped with icing sugar. And I know that having your bike nicked is awful and feels like a punch in the gut but my laptop's autocorrect changed stollen to stolen every time I typed it in for this post, if I do it on my phone it highlights my shitty spelling and with a double tap I can put it right.

(Frantically proof reads my post to ensure that I haven't made any spelling errors!)

EDIT - I had no idea that the ONS actually did interviews with people face to face, I presumed that they used data generated from YouGov and the like.

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actual bike related gripe!

Ordered myself a pin lock insert. Never had one, but it’s getting colder and I’d like to keep riding as much as I can through the cold mornings.

Insert turns up, I go to install, only to find out that my visor needs pins (maybe that’s why it’s called pinlock...) and a new visor is £35, on top of the £25 that the insert cost.

So now I have to spend money and I feel thick at the same time.
But the new version of the helmet I have is only £140 with an insert already in it, so I might just upgrade.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought myself a packet of dark chocolate digestives and they're all stuck together, the bastards.
Mad

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I just bought myself a packet of dark chocolate digestives and they're all stuck together, the bastards.
Mad

And you just KNOW that you're going to end up with some biscuits with choccy both sides, others with no choccy, but mostly broken biscuits no matter which way they go.

I'd bin them and get some more, just to save on the stress Smile

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:15 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have struggled womanfully on and opened the whole packet (down the side seam) ... its ALL welded together.

So I've had to eat it in the same manner as a corncob, except topways, instead of row by row.

I feel like Fred Flintstone when he gets that huge dinosaur rib that tips his car over Laughing

There may or may not be chocolate on either side of my mush. I've not got a mirror handy.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Mad

smash them up with a rolling pin, or meat tenderiser if you have one, mix with sugar and melted butter, stick it in a pie dish, bake it for about 8 minutes

then you have a dark chocolate biscuit tart base Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:56 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbour.
He's old and probably blind as a bat. Myself and other neighbours have been telling him for months that chucking his unwanted food onto the communal grass out the back is bad practice.

Fag and tea time out the back this morning and I hear distant squealing. I turn to see a cat with what looked like a rabbit in its mouth - it was a massive rat. That old neighbour thinks he's feeding birds on the grass but it's actually rats..

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Mad

smash them up with a rolling pin, or meat tenderiser if you have one, mix with sugar and melted butter, stick it in a pie dish, bake it for about 8 minutes

then you have a dark chocolate biscuit tart base Thumbs Up

Or base for a cheesecake.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is getting on my Chippy Tits today. Just breath the wrong way and I will slaughter you like an ISIS chimp.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Everything is getting on my Chippy Tits today. Just breathe the wrong way and I will slaughter you like an ISIS chimp.

Tut Tut Spelling!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off to dispatch a chicken. Sad

It's my mates chicken, he is away and his missus is wailing like a banshee because it's just sitting there and not moving so he has asked me to off it.

I have never offed a chicken but I gather you just pull it's neck.

I am however going over fully tooled, .22 air rifle, hunting knife and an axe.

The chicken will be history Twisted Evil

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
The chicken will be history

Or if you're lucky(?), maybe on the History Channel? Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I'm off to dispatch a chicken. Sad
.....The chicken will be history Twisted Evil

I await your update with bated breath Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chicken is ne more, it is deceased, dead, popped it's mortal coil etc.

It was pretty well dead when I got there and the sight of me bearing down on it with weaponry Arnie would be proud of, was the final straw. I didn't have to do anything.

Funniest thing was my mates wife. She was plucking up courage to wring it's neck herself. Dutch courage. About a 3rd of a bottle of Gordons courage.

She could hardly stand, let alone catch and dispatch a chicken, Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:35 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you didn't get to use your axe? Rolling Eyes

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
The chicken is ne more, it is deceased, dead, popped it's mortal coil etc.

It was pretty well dead when I got there...

If they have other chicken, you ought to do a post-mortem to establish what was the matter with it, in case it's a wider problem.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:13 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
So you didn't get to use your axe? Rolling Eyes

No. I was going to place the chicken on a piece of log and....

https://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=408933

But no need Sad

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

something something ... choking the chicken

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
If they have other chicken, you ought to do a post-mortem to establish what was the matter with it, in case it's a wider problem.

I’d recommend cremating it for 75 minutes at 180 degrees after you’ve ‘dissected’ it.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

I’d recommend cremating it for 75 minutes at 180 degrees after you’ve ‘dissected’ it.

I think it would be what's commonly referred to as a rubber chicken, it's so old. An old boiler! Laughing

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come she says you never talk to me, you never open up to me and then she talks for half an hour telling you what's wrong with you and why you should talk, this giving you no room to talk and if you ever did talk about your feelings you would end up in a worse situation than it you kept your gob shut and said nothing.

Plus once you have a little chat, even though it is just one sided, you feel worse for it.

Women.............. I need a manual for one, or at least give them back.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 394 of 698