Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 394, 395, 396 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking Thinking
So are we supposed to sit there gawping at you, waiting for you to decide what is going to say, wondering what is the thing that will get you in the least amount of trouble with us?

Cos that just makes *both* parties uncomfortable. Rolling Eyes

I do have to admit to having a similar knack of "overtalking" - to cover the deathly silence from Himself occasionally appearing to be incapable of stringing together a sentence expressing emotion beyond hunger, horniness, general exhaustion, telling the pets fez-worthy corny jokes or requests to "pull my finger". All of which I do find variously entertaining (usually), but I really would like to hear what he really thinks about, like deep down thoughts.

Talk about your strong, silent type. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely adore him beyond human comprehension - but it's like trying to have a discussion with a monument on Easter Island sometimes. I know he loves me, cos he hasn't painted over the sign in the plaster in the hallway that he did years ago, that says "I heart you" in fact he's joked about just framing it in paint, instead. So I don't need any kind of verification on that front.

He certainly knows how to talk when it suits him, cos he rants in Olympic fashion about chemtrails, the political situation in the South China Sea, the twin towers, etc., enough to almost have me convinced that at least one of them was a conspiracy and to start looking at all our governments in a very different and much more mature fashion.

So ... during this kind of "little talk" ... what do you recommend (averagely, let's be generous) as a length of time that "we, the womenfolk" allow you to stay silent - one assumes you're silently trying to decide what to say - before we give up waiting for even a half-garbled attempt, and just start talking [to ourselves, obviously] again?

We certainly can't watch TV, read a book or even play Farmville* on our phones, in between, whilst waiting for you to decide WTF you're going to say ... else you think you've got off the hook, and think its okay to fall asleep.

I've learnt not to schedule such chats for important football matches (or bake-offs, because why should I miss out, either), cos there's just no point, you won't get an answer anyway.

*actually, I gave up Farmville at least 5 years ago. Its currently "Trailer Park Boys" Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:51 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worryingly, nothing has ground my gears today.

Unless you count my body's propensity to feel fantastic one day, like I could still take on the world and leave it wanting more of me ... and the following day to feel like shite, as though I were an 98 year old woman who just wants to curl up with her grouchy crippled cat and hibernate until lunchtime every day.

What the fuck is that all about.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:12 - 26 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Worryingly, nothing has ground my gears today.

Unless you count my body's propensity to feel fantastic one day, like I could still take on the world and leave it wanting more of me ... and the following day to feel like shite, as though I were an 98 year old woman who just wants to curl up with her grouchy crippled cat and hibernate until lunchtime every day.

What the fuck is that all about.

I think it's all to do with barometric pressure.
No, seriously. I think you get more sensitive to changes as you get older. Throw in a few health issues, and I think that's exacerbated.

You know how people say their aches and pains are affected by damp weather? Well, how can that be? Think about it. We're all pretty wet inside anyway. And as far as I'm aware, I'm fairly waterproof too Laughing

I've been monitoring this pressure link. And I have come to the conclusion that, although it's not the only thing that affects how I feel, I can almost guarantee I'll feel worse when the barometer is falling, better when high pressure moves in. Rain and cold don't really come into it.

Other than that, how did you sleep the night before you felt like crap? Wink
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 26 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blackwall Tunnel.

It's not changed in countless years, yet still, every fucking day, people get to the bends and panic brake!

I get that long vehicles need to move out into the second lane to make the corners. But if the thick as pig shit car drivers looked up from the end of their bonnets for just a moment, they'd anticipate it happening and fall back a few metres rather than be forced to slam on the anchors, every fucking time!

Brick Wall Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 26 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty certain of the link.
Lack of sleep probably affects me worse, but maybe that's affected by pressure too?

Don't know whether this one belongs here or in "oils my gears", but whatever:
I've been binning all those charity bags I get through the letter box, you know, the ones asking you to leave out unwanted clothes and stuff. I seem to get millions of the things here. It just occurred to me that they make great bin liner bags, for free! Doh!

I bet everyone else figured this out ages ago.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 26 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
requests to "pull my finger". All of which I do find variously entertaining

Wow - really?
hellkat wrote:
I absolutely adore him beyond human comprehension

QED then!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 26 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
how did you sleep the night before you felt like crap? Wink

Pffft, you expect me to remember that far back Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 26 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoning my credit card company and getting a voice menu...
"Please enter your 35-digit account number via the phone keypad" - tick.
"Thank you. Now please enter your date of birth in number format" - tick
"Now the 3rd and 7th digits of your password" - tick
"Thank you. Please hold"

Then get connected to a human
"Can I have your 35-digit account number please"
"Now your date of birth please"
"Now the 3rd and 7th digits of your password"

I mean... why? Rolling Eyes

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 26 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

The pressure has risen very quickly over the last week, from around 1010hPa to almost 1040hPa. This is quite a climb in such a short space of time.

I'm telling you man its them, have you noticed the cemtrails.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 26 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
"Now the 3rd and 7th digits of your password"

There's been an advert on TV about that. It''s very good indeed. Perhaps you've seen it. I've just looked it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPJ6irUDmHI

That apart, yes, it makes you want to go "ARGH!".

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 26 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wife just casually slipped into conversation that she has just bought herself a BMW 1200 K series because she is popping over to Poland to watch off road cars race with her son.

Points are, Bought a new bike, Going on holiday for a weekend, Going to Poland.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 26 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Roll with the punches....Masturbate into her knicker drawers .when she's away obviously. Thumbs Up

We're a day away from going on hols and all of a sudden it is imperative that we fix the bin-shed door because y'know people may open it and see a pile of crap and old boxes and plantpots and think 'I'm having that booty'.

Anyway...job jobbed and all is well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:38 - 27 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team members who are not team members
I arrived at work this morning and one of the night shift guys immediately starts berating me about something
I try to explain but in the end, after telling him the same thing a dozen times, lost my rag and shouted at him
little fuck was so pleased with himself I could have put him through the wall Evil or Very Mad
now I have to explain to my manager why he will be getting a complaint and I have to apologise to the scum bag tomorrow Sick
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:58 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It finally happened this morning “can you remove your helmet please”
The sight of his face when I took it off and he saw I had a balaclava in too though, that nearly made up for it.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:12 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
The sight of his face when I took it off and he saw I had a balaclava in too though, that nearly made up for it.

https://youtu.be/Iyg26qXqvXg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:25 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:

I would have sniggered. Did he ask you to remove that as well?

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:

I asked about this at my local petrol station yesterday (was filling the car). I asked what about open face helmets and the woman told me that she'd "know it's you and it would be OK". I don't know how to take that! Is it because I'm a regular? Open face? Perhaps she has the hots for me?

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably done this before but DUST.
Honestly I'd have a gravel floor in the house if I could. I know I'm not some dusty old bearded man but where does the bloody stuff come from?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:52 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
Probably done this before but DUST.
Honestly I'd have a gravel floor in the house if I could. I know I'm not some dusty old bearded man but where does the bloody stuff come from?

You want to try living on an RAF base. Clean thick, black, oily dust from the windowsill one day, find yourself doing it again the next. And that's in a barrack block, well away from the airfield.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
I asked about this at my local petrol station yesterday (was filling the car). I asked what about open face helmets and the woman told me that she'd "know it's you and it would be OK". I don't know how to take that! Is it because I'm a regular? Open face? Perhaps she has the hots for me?

Or, maybe you have the kind of face that can never be unseen or forgotten?

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikers vs <insert antagonist here> videos on YouTube.

A good 90% are complete non-incidents that people should shrug off or have planned better for.

My favorite is the biker 'filtering' at speed through stationary, yet totally surprised by the pedestrian that steps out between two buses that are currently stopped at a bus stop.

We all know they shouldn't do it. We all know it's not very safe. But just ease off the throttle.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:23 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dozy woman in hired zipvan that decided to change direction on a roundabout this morning without looking or caring, focing me to slam on. Managed to avoid collision but annogingly dropped the bike. Just an indicator stalk lost, but her choice response of "i wasnt on the phone i was using it for gps" tells me she hasnt grasped the concept of personal responsibility and its going to happen again one day

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 28 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
Bikers vs <insert antagonist here> videos on YouTube.

A good 90% are complete non-incidents that people should shrug off or have planned better for.

My favorite is the biker 'filtering' at speed through stationary, yet totally surprised by the pedestrian that steps out between two buses that are currently stopped at a bus stop.

We all know they shouldn't do it. We all know it's not very safe. But just ease off the throttle.

I watch a lot of those compilations and have to agree with the speed part. I find myself screaming at the monitor shouting slow down.
Another is where the biker starts singing - you can tell something bad will happen because they're not concentrating.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 208 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 394, 395, 396 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 395 of 698