BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2pm bike theft in Manchester

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

flearider
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 04 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is why I have 2 dogue de Bordeaux they might get in but there not getting out ..
the little girl is 9 stone the little boy more like 11 they sound very scary ...
we live in a quiet part of town if you come into the garden you will see them at the box room window even the posty gets a little shy if there in the front garden .. just shouts mails here ....

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:27 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're allowed to use reasonable force to defend yourself and that can include killing

Get attacked by scum, various threats get made like "Do you want to get ran over for a f****** bag? Do you want to die for a bag?", you decide to get a knife out of your bag, etc etc etc, one dead thief.

Kid (19yr old) who was attacked was found guilty of possession of a bladed article but cleared of murder, manslaughter, wounding with intent and unlawful wounding.

https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/15543403._They_were_trying_to_kill_me___Maslen_tells_jury/

https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/15547400.Jury_clears_Hayden_Maslen_of_Jordan_Taylor_murder/

https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/15549832.Hayden_Maslen_jail_sentence_for_having_knife_in_fatal_brawl/

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:45 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
You're allowed to use reasonable force to defend yourself and that can include killing

Get attacked by scum, various threats get made like "Do you want to get ran over for a f****** bag? Do you want to die for a bag?", you decide to get a knife out of your bag, etc etc etc, one dead thief.

Kid (19yr old) who was attacked was found guilty of possession of a bladed article but cleared of murder, manslaughter, wounding with intent and unlawful wounding.

https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/15543403._They_were_trying_to_kill_me___Maslen_tells_jury/

https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/15547400.Jury_clears_Hayden_Maslen_of_Jordan_Taylor_murder/

https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/15549832.Hayden_Maslen_jail_sentence_for_having_knife_in_fatal_brawl/

They had to jail him for something though. Can't encourage people to fight back. Rolling Eyes

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 13:07 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
t121anf wrote:

There was a "Caught on camera" type show on TV (ITV?) lately that covered moped crime, some jewelers chased them with baseball bats and where promptly queried by the police why they had bats to hand.

Unless reasonable force is wit your own body, I still believe the police/CPS will go for the easy conviction on you rather than the harder one against the actual criminals.

A baseball bat is unreasonable, unless you are on your way to baseball practice, and have a mitt and a uniform and a ball etc... If you use your loaf you can use whatever is genuinely to hand rather than keeping a weapon which is obviously a weapon (and actually pretty difficult to wield) behind the counter. A can of Mr Sheen would be better for example...

I have an 8" serrated plasterboard knife in my van for my job, along with a hammer.

Would I get away with using either of them I wonder?

#I also keep a can of deodorant in the van, this with a lighter makes a good flamethrower and don't need to get too close.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:01 - 05 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these sharpened on all edges for clearing weeds/junk caught round the prop of my boat. I doubt Mr.Plod would look very favourably on me carrying it but I do take it to and from home to the boat regularly.

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.R3pbeZ7ZRYlqMl8erD2isgHaFj&w=243&h=182&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I hope the fucker that filmed it phoned the police before he started his Lord Snowdon impression. Evil or Very Mad

I have heard that the person who filmed it was scared so filmed as much info that he could at a safe distance for the police to act on. I don't blame him really as these dicks will stab you as soon as look at you and nothing is worth a life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1stu wrote:
hammer

Not long ago there were a lot of thefts and break-ins where I live, so I started leaving my claw hammer next to my bed, only a little 16oz one. If I have to use it, it’ll be a situation where I’d really like to be armed and if asked why it’s there, then I was just hanging pictures yesterday guv.
That said, a black BMW was seen with five lads who were filmed by neighbours looking through gardens in the daytime and then threatened to stab said neighbour for filming. Then, sadly, a black BMW famously crashed in a police chase in Bradford and all five occupants died on impact. So I might not need my Rambo hammer.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 09 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be handy enough, five foot ten and pretty fit. These days the 'yoof' tower over me, God knows what growth hormones they have been absorbing in their cheap take-aways. As to facing them up, they never go single handed, you might get one, but the others will cheerfully stamp all over you.
It does seem to be a particular breed of feral, most kids these days just spend their time locked in bedroom playing kill 'em games and sending cock photos on snap chat. But the ones involved in the bike thievery are far more dangerous. Almost as if they have been trained and must be making some kind of dollar out of the enterprise.
You could try violence, but that just escalates things. My only thought is a can or two of spray paint. Damage their fashion threads and leave them a nice shade of green or pink might give them something to think about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 09 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
You could try violence, but that just escalates things. My only thought is a can or two of spray paint. Damage their fashion threads and leave them a nice shade of green or pink might give them something to think about.

Why is that less likely to escalate things than getting just your retaliation in first?

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 01:28 - 10 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck trying to take them on. The bike is insured and if it isn't, then the owner is a retard anyway.

Why would I put myself in harms way to stop someone stealing someone elses bike which is insured?

The guy did as he should, fuck all. Different if it's your bike they're stealing but even then I would assess what I thought they might be capable of and whether or not to let them take it.

Hey, they'd be doing me a favour if it was my bike as it's gap insured and NCB protected, worth a fuck load more stolen than it is right now 2nd hand.

People love to say "what they would have done".... after the fact.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 10 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Fuck trying to take them on. The bike is insured and if it isn't, then the owner is a retard anyway.

Or the owner can't afford theft insurance, for many people it is incredibly expensive.

Jayy wrote:
Why would I put myself in harms way to stop someone stealing someone elses bike which is insured?

Now this is the interesting bit and the whole reason why crime in society is getting worse and worse. As the saying goes

Quote:
''The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing'

Everyone in society is responsible for society, to turn your back on society is to put yourself apart and then when something happens to you that you don't like such as you getting assaulted or your house getting broken into you have no place to complain for to do so would be hypocrisy.

kingsknight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:22 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is mental!!!

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:20 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Edmund Burk.

By standing by and watching these acts, all we do is grant impunity to the scum of the earth. People should arm themselves and beat the fuckers to within an inch of their lives.

Today the population of the UK act like castrated steers. They bumble about while predators attack the property of their neighbours and do nothing. The police do nothing either so where does this all lead? The same is true of incidents in which utter dross attack and bother women and ethnic minorities on trains. People look out of the windows and pretend it isn't happening. UTTER COWARDS.

EDIT: Ah - Good man Sick Pup. I agree with you and you also quoted Burk which I didn't see when I posted the same quote above.

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:31 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
At the end of the day, if taking this to extremes......

In the recent London Islamic terror attacks, a Millwall fan decided to tackle a knife wielding terrorist. He suffered multiple stab wounds, but arguably saved the lives of many others as the attacker fled.

Contrast this with the recent news of the Head of the Met Police, who when confronted by a similar attacker, locked himself in his car and watched the attacker murder his colleague.

Football fan 1 - 0 Policing in this country

This, is what is going seriously wrong in this country.

Some people are better able to 'defend' themselves and others unarmed than others are. However a group of people acting together and with determination could easily have stopped many a nasty event. If we all default to turning and looking the other way while youths and predators do what they like, we are truly fucked. The police encourage us to do nothing other than phone them, but as we all know, they will only act in the most gross cases such as murder, gun crime, or really gross attacks. Nine times out of ten they will not turn up until the thieves are long gone for property crime, so we either just let it happen, or we do something about it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2