Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 398, 399, 400 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

itchy collars

why,oh why etc

do so many comfy t-shirts have itchy nylon stitching in the collars
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
itchy collars

why,oh why etc

do so many comfy t-shirts have itchy nylon stitching in the collars

Yeah, great call.. why the fcuk do they sew in hard labels that poke your neck all the time, and specially the ones that are sewn in so deep that if you try and remove them it leaves about an inch hole between the shirt and collar. The same with the labels they put about 4 inches up the seam, with feckin button where you tuck it into your jeans!!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Tenants.

Specifically tenant. Just been to attend a gas safety check in the tenants absence. Will be going back over there tonight to
point out some of the terms of the tenancy agreement he signed. Need to have a firm word about the state of the front garden.
I'm surprised the neighbours haven't been on the phone about it really. It's only a couple of hours work to tidy it up and I'm happy
to go over in the van and take all the rubbish away for him too, which he knows full well. Disappointed.

BCF ejection crew? I'll bring a bat and ball in case we fancy a spot of rounders in the park. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
The same with the labels they put about 4 inches up the seam, with feckin button where you tuck it into your jeans!!

So much this. Even if you carefully cut them off there always seems to be a bit left to irritate.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:19 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidewall threads were showing on my mercs front left as well as being flat as a pancake.

changed the tyre, guy said my alignment was probably out cos the normal tread was as new...

didnt listen to his advice (lazy, could have done it in 10 mins...)

500miles later and front left is flat again, no puncture just bad wear again....

£70 cos im a lazy cunt... fuck

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some kicked a tatty football at my car window that left a muddy splat, when I wiped it off I found the remains on the plastic coating protecting the leather embedded in the sill and some deep scuffs on the window itself.

Im hoping it will polish out but it covers a large area and is right at my head height. Absolutely fuming Mad

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Need to have a firm word about the state of the front garden.

A generalisation, but (especially if aren't intending on living there long term) tenants rarely care about gardens. Frankly, if you want it to be kept in a decent state you're better off adding in a bit to the rent to cover the cost of a gardener occasionally going in to keep on top of it.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:12 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a specific clause in my tenancy agreement to cover this.

Quote:
13. To keep the garden tidy in keeping with the time of year. This includes cutting the grass and weeding the borders.
The tenant will not remove any plants or shrubs from the garden without prior consent from the landlord.

I've been over there this afternoon and pruned mercilessly. I've taken a full vanload of cuttings and crap away and pointed out
that next time I'll pay my own gardener to pay the house a visit and he will be invoiced accordingly. He can compensate me
with beer this time as he brews the stuff (to a VERY high standard) as a hobby. He's a 3 years sticky tenant.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
He's a 3 years sticky tenant.

Oh you fortunate thing!

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 09 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
next time I'll pay my own gardener to pay the house a visit and he will be invoiced accordingly.

Sure, but remember that unless your agreement states that you will do that if he doesn't maintain the garden to your liking, he is under no obligation to pay you. He only needs to return the property to you in satisfactory condition at the end of the tenancy, whenever that may be, which - again, tenancy/deposit agreements permitting - is when you can charge him to rectify the situation. Which is obviously a bit shit when it comes to trying to reinstate an untended and trashed garden.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 11 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two way road and an emergency vehicle with blue lights on coming towards us from the other direction. Vehicles in my lane slamming brakes on for no f**king reason. Why!!!!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
Two way road and an emergency vehicle with blue lights on coming towards us from the other direction. Vehicles in my lane slamming brakes on for no f**king reason. Why!!!!

Because kittens.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:31 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Construction Traffic/Road works.

In the last few weeks heading into London there's been a significant increase in the amount dumper trucks, cement lorries etc on the roads.

They block almost every junction, get pissy if you DARE to get too close yet drive like they own the road, bullying everyone else.

Perhaps Mr Khan should consider their environmental impact before penalising cars and motorcycles. The filth they leave everywhere is disgusting.

I had to get in early (7:30am start) and even then they had messed up the roads!
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Got to make houses for the 271,000 thousand (yeah right) net migrants somehow. For some reason they all need to live in London, a place most folk can no longer afford to live in.

I know there's a need for housing, but surely they could use that huge river that's just down the road? I guess that's the main issue. Money, lorries are far cheaper.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:38 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

crisp packets (or similar) in cinemas.

can you literally not watch a film without eating?

die...

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:36 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^so much this^
I tend to go out for a meal and cinema, separately, go to one, then go to the other. So I'm either full up of noms, or I'm "saving myself for dinner". Worst case scenario, I might want a bottle of water, maybe a Mars Bar, or something.

I do like popcorn, but really there is a limit. It's a huge industry, buying enormous quantities of shite to eat inside the cinema, people sometimes spend more at the grazing counter than for their tickets.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:51 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:

die...

I take bubble wrap.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:37 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderheads in queues.
Stood in a queue of people where gradually it's being reduced every two minutes at a counter. There's always one in that queue who doesn't comply to order and keeping up with the person in front of them. Instead, they stand and let a gap form that's 8 people in size and then walk to meet the person in front. Not only that but at the counter (a Post Office) they decide to join the person in front as they're served money - they were not with that person!
No they were not on a mobile phone.. Honestly I was going to kneel down, grip their ankles and show them how to walk. What an infuriating dunderhead this person was. Sleeping whilst awake probably - their eyes were open.
(Damn I sound so British now with how to queue)

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
AshWebster wrote:

die...

I take bubble wrap.

What flavour?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:26 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any, usually semen flavour.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
Stood in a queue of people where gradually it's being reduced every two minutes at a counter.

So was I, yesterday, at the pharmacist (and this isn't really a gear-grinder, more like a 'WTF''). I was stood there for ages, with one till open, every punter waiting in line at the requested 6-foot 'privacy' distance from the till. Every time the served customer had finished and turned to leave, the tiller (without looking up from her desk), would shriek "N-E-X-T-!!!", just as the next punter arrived in front of her. Every. Single. Time.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The realisation that our recent holiday to Scotland was the worst one.

We've got a new dog..
We've got an old dog.
We've got another dog too.

I wasn't firing on all cylinders...could've just done with doing some music in my little room...You know how it sometimes goes.

First day 6hrs to the B&B which was a tat strewn affair. Go out for a meal with regular dog checks. Walk dogs go back to B&B and then the new dog starts barking at the new sounds with these new(ish) people.

No sleep....food poisoning kicks in. At 2am I'm sat in a cold car with a now sleeping dog in the back.

4hrs to 1st cottage...In mostly silence.
Weather is being suitably welcoming. Waterfalls do go uphill.

Malaise is lifting by day 2 then Mrs HT twists her knee (the first of three times during our stay).

We move to the next cottage.
Walks out were spectacular but with an old albeit fit dog they were short.
Then Thursday morning we noticed straight away that Sweep was in a bad way. Eyeballs bouncing like ping pong balls and loss of balance.

A day before the vets were open..... that day and night was tough for all.
Vet confirms it's a fucked-up dog we're looking at...possibly age related...head injury or the most probable guess is a tumor effecting the vestibular system. She gets anti-sickness and a shot of steroids.

Resisting the urge to leave right then we decide to try and sleep then do the whole shebang in 1 hit the next day.

10hrs later we're home.
Sweep already booked into our local vet and whilst I open the front door Mrs HT is taking her straight away. I gave Sweep a tickle behind the ear and told her I love her.

As I see the car pull into park an hour or so later it conks out and rolls to a stop.
Car dead too.

The beautiful photos do not tell all the tale.

Oh..... first day back is a fullday H&S seminar.....Rapture.

Retail therapy of new guitars and the antics of Pep the new dog are a small diversion that kinda helps....and Mrs HT was brill throughout.

Could do with another holiday to get over this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 14 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not often I'm annoyed with work.
All I do is fucking type all day and do the filing (allegedly).
How is it, then, that I can't keep up with the workload*
Mad Mad Mad

*obvious answer: other people having the attention span of a gnat.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 168 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 398, 399, 400 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 399 of 698