BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Good Omens

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Good Omens Reply with quote

Not sure how many Gaimen, Pratchett fans there are on this forum...

Good Omens is one of the very few books that I've read through more than once (4 times now), and when I heard they were making a mini series I got more excited than hearing about The Dark Tower being made in to a movie (and the reviews spoke for themselves with that steaming pile of shite).

The trailer didn't really show much, but I think David Tennant plays a perfect representation of Crowley from what I imagined when reading the book... Aziraphale.... not so much.

I'm definitely looking forward to this coming out in 2019..... even though it's over a year late from early news.

Am I the only one really looking forward to how this translates to the screen? (and already setting the bar pretty low going by previous adaptations)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good book. Liked it dramatised on the radio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Good omens. Reply with quote

I saw a Ford Capri on the way to work this morning. I thought, "It's going to be a good day," and it was.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

I love the book, didn't know it'd been on the radio. Off to find it Thumbs Up
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
never heard it on the radio Crying or Very sad

kind of wish I had, IMO one of the best books I've ever read (after some short stories, it was the first book I'd read since James and the Giant Peach since I was 10)

I realise I didn't actually post the trailer in my OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFpgwyHHQTA

IMO, the trailer doesn't do the book justice.... I'm hoping it's more than just Aziraphale and Crowle and they get in to more of the characters from the book..... but from what I've read, they did cast people for some of the other characters.

OK I'm waffling and drooling, (and not because I'm drunk), I am really excited to see how this turns out

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ds4ux

Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

I love the book, didn't know it'd been on the radio. Off to find it Thumbs Up

I knew it had been on the radio.... a while after I read the book...

When I read the book I got images of what I thought the characters looked like.... Tennant is the only one that fits the role in my head.... from the trailer... from what I imagined (if that makes sense).

Good Omens is the book that reintroduced me to reading (last book I read was James and the Giant Peach when I was 10, the next book I read was some short stories book by Stephen King.. and it got me hooked on reading (Nightmares and Dreamscapes).... OK I wouldn't class myself as a reader.... but I've gone through most of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Lee Child, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Orson Scott Card,

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Only You Can Save Mankind. That really could have been me and my school friends he was writing about, all of the cultural references were spot on to my time at school and pirating video games etc Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1