Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit negotiations

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:18 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
"I'm moderate, but now seeing how neo-fascit Brexit destroys NHS, people are literally dying,we lost £500m a week,& we'll lose all our freedoms in Europe, Scotland and NI,& how all brextremists like Mogg money run abroad, I've decided to support Brexit.

Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Val wrote:
"I'm moderate

Now there's a ROFL moment Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Quote:
"I'm moderate, but now seeing how neo-fascit Brexit destroys NHS, people are literally dying,we lost £500m a week,& we'll lose all our freedoms in Europe, Scotland and NI,& how all brextremists like Mogg money run abroad, I've decided to support Brexit."

~Said UK patriot never.

That last line doesn't even make sense
Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
so let's just get on with deporting Val. Thumbs Up

But wait, I'm worried for his safety in that hellhole he fled. They're even killing journalists who try to expose EU corruption, you know. Ah, but he's pro-EU, he'll be safe enough. Miserable, but safe. Ish.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:32 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all the more reason to deport him.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING: May's kicked the can to Dec 2020 if she dumps DUP:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/4705d536-ce67-11e8-bde6-fae32479843d

The fallout from this decision:

1. She can sign EU Witdrawal Agreement with backstop.
2. Labour can't force GE voting against: this is NOT the future trade deal. In fact Corbyn will whip Labours to vote for the Witdrawal Agreement with backstop.
3. Future Trade deal negotiations will happen after 29 March 2019 when UK is 3rd country as per current EU guidelines here: https://bit.ly/2Lz8vyU
4. #PeoplesVote new EU referendum can't happen now but still may happen 2019/2020
5. Scottish can do their referendum 2019.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:00 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Eh, negotiate what with who? Are we still talking EU fishing quotas, or am I missing something here?

Yes as usual, the quotas are negotiated between the nations sharing the fishing ground,for instance Norway. at the moment the EU does our negotiating. when we leave we'll be able to negotiate as a single state, including with the EU for quotas, If you are suggesting that post brexit we just do what we want then there's nothing to stop the EU doing the same outside our sovereign waters in shared fishing grounds.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:40 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

These quotas include sovereign fishing grounds surely? Most local fishermen don't go more than 25 miles out to sea and still have EU quotas forced upon them.

The EU also allowed Dutch fishermen to decimate our stock, in our own waters to "test" an electric shock method of destroying all fish in an area, then only picking up a small number of what they killed.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/902213/north-sea-fishing-eu-allowed-dutch-boats-to-use-illegal-pulse-fishing-method-in-uk-waters

Sovereign waters only extend out as far as 13.8 miles (12 nautical) and as we are currently in the EU, yes, they do fix our quotas. The Dutch are already shitting themselves about future fishing policies though, so that's a good sign.

diesel dog
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:33 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find amusing between the leavers and the remainers is we'll all be in the same position once the UK have left. We'll all be in the same UK under the same umbrella. So while the remainers are hysterical screaming all the leavers are wrong - we will have left on that deal.

The remainers really are the ones who don't have a clue to how or what negations are. The UK was never really in the EU so why would half leaving be a surprise.

Re-running the 2016 referendum by any argument/or personal objection is pointless. Wanting another vote is pointless.

Some remainers are simply like driftwood ....

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:09 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
BREAKING: May's kicked the can to Dec 2020 if she dumps DUP:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/4705d536-ce67-11e8-bde6-fae32479843d

Rolling Eyes

Paywall.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 14 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Another classic bullshit from May.

Just heard her on the news talking about our fisheries industry. Apparently we’re going to take back control of our waters and not be subject to EU control. (Sounds good yes?)

Then she went on to say, we can then negotiate better quotas for our fishermen.

Eh, negotiate what with who? Are we still talking EU fishing quotas, or am I missing something here?

https://youtu.be/DLzxrzFCyOs?t=43 Thumbs Up

Unless that's the red, white and blue Brexit May was talking about last year or so. Thinking

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 14 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you, who sees everything, can see what he's getting at?

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:08 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

But surely outside of the EU, if we actually really did leave, they would have no say on our own sovereign water's quotas?
It sounded to me like one of May's call it one thing to appease the public, but it actually means nothing of the sorts.

A bit like, "we'll take back control over our own borders, but anyone can come here if they say they're going to study or work."

Read this, Ignore what it rebutts, don't apply an agenda, just read it for what it is, an explanation of the fisheries policy and citations of the relevant documents etc.

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-pinching-our-fish/

And for what it's worth, My position is that I fear that brexit could be handled badly and damage our fishing Industry, If May quietly uses it as a bargaining tool to secure something less valuable but more prominent in the public eye. this is of course my fear for everything we have that's actually important moving forward from brexit. My hope is when she talks about negotiating fishing quotas is that she means with the Scandi countries who's waters are not EU controlled and fruitful.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:28 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Mrs May refused to sign off the draft agreement last night, as it would mean "Britain would remain in the EU customs union for years". So that's good.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:20 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I agree, all I'm saying is it's a strong bargaining chip and I'd hate to see it played poorly to get some sort of headline grabbing concession, and that "negotiating quotas" can (and should) mean playing off the needs of the EU to fish in our grounds to our advantage post Brexit while strengthening our own industryand also to get favourable access and quotas without Brussels telling us what our share is when dealing with Non EU nations with rich fishing grounds of their own.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

May has cobbled some fudge this evening to be read by all the government tonight.

Ermm....Brexit Deal - if you think you need to read the actual 400 pages deal to know it's much worst that our current EU membership you really need help. Fact.

What now?

- Cabinet backs deal
- Parliament rejects deal
- Lab calls vote of no confidence, loses
- Markets tank
- Gilt yields rise
- Theresa "the broken promise" May offers referendum on Remain/No deal

UK stays in the EU and recovers the £60 billions losses 2022. 2025 everything is as it was 2015. Almost. Minus the OAPs that voted for this BS 2016.

HTH

Last edited by Val on 00:56 - 14 Nov 2018; edited 1 time in total

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight, Nostradumbarse.
Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:44 - 14 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Fact.

Citation?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 14 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Val wrote:
Fact.

Citation?

Ste wrote:
Val wrote:
Fact.

Citation?

Google Rees-Mogg vasal state.

Or better listen to all the enraged gammons lead by Johnson arguing that Britain will lose all its sovereignity with May's deal. Here: https://www.itv.com/news/2018-11-13/brexit-deal-agreed-on-technical-level-government-source-claims/

Wait the fucking minute the whole campaign led by the gammons was that UK already has lost its sovereignity to the EU?

I mean seriously somebody explain me how you can lose your virginity twice?

Are you saying all the lost sovereignity BS in the referendum was lies?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 137 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 51 of 56