PostPosted: 13:01 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
J4mes wrote:
where the fuck do you live?! Laughing

Laughing Thumbs Up

tittymcarsefa...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:07 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really fussed if she is looking to force an eviction tbh, I have been looking into moving for a while and have a couple grand set aside for that eventuality.

An eviction notice might actually aid in getting somewhere else with the way council housing lists are in Birmingham.

Last edited by tittymcarseface on 19:27 - 13 Oct 2018; edited 1 time in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

tittymcarseface wrote:
An eviction notice might actually aid in getting somewhere else with the way council housing lists are in Birmingham.

Social housing is reserved for the poor hard done by brown folk in Brum, then they live there three years and buy it
on the cheap with cash they had forgotten they had under the bed. Then they whack a tenant in, change the name
of the applicant and repeat. How on earth do you think these people accrue houses the way they do? If you have a
remotely English sounding name, are male, reasonably healthy and have no dependants, then I wouldn't hold your
breath about getting a council place. Hostel for you I reckon, if you are lucky. I'd get that couple of grand tucked away
somewhere the means test won't find it too.

tittymcarsefa...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:37 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
J4mes wrote:

The prices reflect the houses tbh they are prefab "laing easiform" type houses that are pretty much at the end of life now.

I can't tell you which firm actually built them but they are often difficult to mortgage if defects are found, the houses on the village were never insulated so many of them have blown concrete and exposed rusty reinforcement as well as damp problems.

tittymcarsefa...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:57 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already know how bad the waiting lists are mate, I was on the housing list in Birmingham for 6 years before I gave up and rented privately, One time when i went in to see what progress had been made the bloke got the wrong persons file up (same name) they had been on the list for 10 years.

The disparity between council rents and private rents doesn't help the situation at all, my grans house is around £450 a month, A house I went to view less than 20 doors away in similar condition was £880 a month private rental.

If I was on minimum wage working a 48 hour week and needed a two/three bed place I honestly don't think I could afford to eat renting privately at £880 a month(4 weekly) even single bed flats are £650 ish around there.

Although I am a single bloke the house I'm in now is a shared tenancy with my 75 year old grandfather so surely that would count for something, I moved in with him rather than renting solo to help with his rent because of the bedroom tax rules crippling his pension.

I have actually been looking to find a house converted into flats, upstairs for me downstairs for the grandparents.

Last edited by tittymcarseface on 19:09 - 13 Oct 2018; edited 1 time in total

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:05 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

J4mes wrote:

Sawn-off car country.

tittymcarsefa...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:13 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triton Thrasher wrote:

Sawn-off car country.

It's actually a popular thing to build a trailer out of an old reliant to tow behind one.

It was going to end up like this, mine isn't cut back that far yet, I've already got a shortened modified suzuki wagon R axle to go on the back just never got round to finishing the fibreglass work.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP. Just as an aside, I think it's remarkably decent of you to take care of your old uns. I don't have kids nor will I
have any so eventually I'll have to pay for some kind of care when the time comes. My wife is a decade younger
than me so I reckon she will see me off, hopefully she won't whack me in a home when I start pissing myself.
I do hope things work out for you. Thumbs Up But this is my "field" if you like and while ever demand outstrips supply
you have an uphill battle. Typically I have a new tenant secured within 5 days of advertising, referenced and credit
checked.. It's not unusual to have 30+ enquiries into a let within an hour of it being available. The price of the rent
seems irrelevant.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

tittymcarseface wrote:
The last time she put any of her un renovated houses like ours up for auction they reached £30-35k so she pulled them off the market.

Were they, perchance, neighbouring properties to the house that you inhabit?

tittymcarsefa...
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:31 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for that raffles, In fact we get on great with our neighbours we put each others bins out, take in parcels and have a chin wag on the street and what not, were not going to each other family do's or anything like that but there has never been an angry word exchanged in 15 years.

One is privately owned by a young couple the other is a pensioner who happens to be the daughter of the original tenant, she grew up in the house and does all her own maintenance rather than waiting on the landlord.

Landlords father would do repairs straight away and had worked his way through fully renovating half the houses on the village before he died, she on the other hand is a nightmare to even get basic repairs out of.

If you were to drive around the village now you can tell which are her properties straight away, she hasn't even bothered having the exterior paintwork done on most of them since taking over, only the houses she wants to re let after people give up and move out get any attention current tenants have to just suck it up.

Granddad couldn't afford to move out, he was working when he moved in and had spent his savings on the deposits and rent in advance so had no choice but to stay, the houses on the village where the closest to Birmingham he could find in budget, when he retired he didn't get the full pension credit and stuff so money stayed tight.

He chose this place because it had off road parking even though it meant having to refit a kitchen himself (it had been reused in another house), owning a car is pretty much essential in places like this, bus service is sparse and walking down the lanes is dangerous.

The landlord is just being an arse, after 15 years saying there isn't parking permission.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:48 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the 'decent and law abiding citizens live'. Oh noes, my landlord!

We had one a few years back, a cheap-ass lying cunt who thought he had no responsibilities to maintain the property he was charging us an arm and a leg for. I eventually got notice to leave, at which point I had a quiet word with him that went something like this:

"A) The rent will stop as of now but I guarantee you we'll still be here six months from now. Meantime all our stuff will be gradually moved somewhere safe.

B) When we're suddenly gone you'll get in and find the interior looks like it's had a platoon of Panzer-grenadiers using it as a fucking bunker on the eastern front."

His response was to lament that our once good relationship shouldn't be going so sour and could we start with a new slate. A lot of the needed work got done too.

Sometimes it doesn't work as quickly as that and shit has to be escalated. They don't like 4am visits to where they live and 'calling cards' are left.

The vast majority of landlords are parasite scum and it's long overdue for the government to rent-control and regulate the fuck out of the vermin. And right now it's as bad as it's ever been, with the cunts thinking they can rip the living piss out of desperate families.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

tittymcarseface wrote:
No need for that raffles, In fact we get on great with our neighbours we put each others bins out, take in parcels and have a chin wag on the street and what not, were not going to each other family do's or anything like that but there has never been an angry word exchanged in 15 years.

One is privately owned by a young couple the other is a pensioner who happens to be the daughter of the original tenant, she grew up in the house and does all her own maintenance rather than waiting on the landlord.

Landlords father would do repairs straight away and had worked his way through fully renovating half the houses on the village before he died, she on the other hand is a nightmare to even get basic repairs out of.

If you were to drive around the village now you can tell which are her properties straight away, she hasn't even bothered having the exterior paintwork done on most of them since taking over, only the houses she wants to re let after people give up and move out get any attention current tenants have to just suck it up.

Granddad couldn't afford to move out, he was working when he moved in and had spent his savings on the deposits and rent in advance so had no choice but to stay, the houses on the village where the closest to Birmingham he could find in budget, when he retired he didn't get the full pension credit and stuff so money stayed tight.

He chose this place because it had off road parking even though it meant having to refit a kitchen himself (it had been reused in another house), owning a car is pretty much essential in places like this, bus service is sparse and walking down the lanes is dangerous.

The landlord is just being an arse, after 15 years saying there isn't parking permission.

It would be truly terrible if somebody battered seven shades of shit out of it. Some would say well deserved but tch.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:18 - 14 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

tittymcarseface wrote:
I already know how bad the waiting lists are mate, I was on the housing list in Birmingham for 6 years before I gave up and rented privately, One time when i went in to see what progress had been made the bloke got the wrong persons file up (same name) they had been on the list for 10 years.

The disparity between council rents and private rents doesn't help the situation at all, my grans house is around £450 a month, A house I went to view less than 20 doors away in similar condition was £880 a month private rental.

If I was on minimum wage working a 48 hour week and needed a two/three bed place I honestly don't think I could afford to eat renting privately at £880 a month(4 weekly) even single bed flats are £650 ish around there.

Although I am a single bloke the house I'm in now is a shared tenancy with my 75 year old grandfather so surely that would count for something, I moved in with him rather than renting solo to help with his rent because of the bedroom tax rules crippling his pension.

I have actually been looking to find a house converted into flats, upstairs for me downstairs for the grandparents.

I was under the impression the bedroom tax didn't apply to oldies?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:11 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shall we look at this logically?
98 quid a week for living in a shithole but not making the front yard look like the pikeys have set up camp.

Or pay a fuckton more weekly rent in a 'nicer' part of town, where the likelihood is that the landlord and neighbours probably won't be keen to see the front yard turned into a pikeys dump either.

Or you buy a place, make the front yard look like the pikeys have moved in and hope the council don't slap a public nuisance order on the place.

A sensible chap might look for a garage, if houses there go for 30-35k you could probably buy a garage with the couple of grand you've got saved up. Or just dig your heels in and see how grandad likes squatting in New Street station.

Stay tuned, next week we shall be discussing how to swipe left and right.
Thinking

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:08 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
How the 'decent and law abiding citizens live'. Oh noes, my landlord!

We had one a few years back, a cheap-ass lying cunt who thought he had no responsibilities to maintain the property he was charging us an arm and a leg for. I eventually got notice to leave, at which point I had a quiet word with him that went something like this:

"A) The rent will stop as of now but I guarantee you we'll still be here six months from now. Meantime all our stuff will be gradually moved somewhere safe.

B) When we're suddenly gone you'll get in and find the interior looks like it's had a platoon of Panzer-grenadiers using it as a fucking bunker on the eastern front."

His response was to lament that our once good relationship shouldn't be going so sour and could we start with a new slate. A lot of the needed work got done too.

Sometimes it doesn't work as quickly as that and shit has to be escalated. They don't like 4am visits to where they live and 'calling cards' are left.

The vast majority of landlords are parasite scum and it's long overdue for the government to rent-control and regulate the fuck out of the vermin. And right now it's as bad as it's ever been, with the cunts thinking they can rip the living piss out of desperate families.

Oh, by fuck I've missed these. 10/10 would read again.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 - 35k Shocked

Surely its cheaper to get a mortgage for that than to rent?

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't mortgage the shipping container OP is living in.

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Ever considered that she just wants to cash out and flog the place? You antagonising her will just accelerate that decision.

Lets say the place is worth 100k. That's about 310 months or 25 years worth of rent with zero the tenant related
hassle or requirement to keep the place spick and span. Just saying.

To quote a wise man. "Careful now."

That doesn't make much sense as, doesn't the law simply require a set length of notice because you're selling?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean from a legal perspective, I meant from a personal one. It's the hassle/profit ratio. I've bought a flat,
refurbed it and sold on again before tenanting because the owners committee was such a massive pack of arses
to deal with. I saw a nice profit for 4 months of ownership, plus payment for renovating the three floors of communal area
which I won the contract for also but ultimately I just couldn't work with those people. So up for sale it went. And I walked
away with my wallet nearly 30k fatter. I would have liked to keep it let for a couple of years first before resale but the soffits
of the main building were wooden and shot, squirrels nesting in the loft causing electrical problems and despite obtaining
very competitive quotes to put it right, was told the money wasn't there. If I had to guess, I'd say someone was skimming
from the service charge pot. And as my flat was top floor with access to the attic, the squirrel problem only affected me and
one other flat. Someone else's problem now. Freehold only from hereon out. Some 3 years later, soffits still shot
despite the £75 per flat (6 flats) per month taken as service charge. Never saw the gardener in 4 months so I also
sorted out the grounds when I was selling so the eventual buyer would think it was a nice, well maintained block when it
was far, far from it despite the money (£450pcm total) taken in service charge. Suspiciously the woman in charge was always
on holiday. I wonder to this day if the owners were funding her globetrotting while the building fell apart.

TL;DR Other people suck and can't be trusted with money.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:35 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Never saw the gardener in 4 months so I also
sorted out the grounds when I was selling so the eventual buyer would think it was a nice, well maintained block when it
was far, far from it despite the money (£450pcm total) taken in service charge.

What a delightful person you are. I feel sorry for anyone who has you as a landlord.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:03 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
grr666 wrote:
Never saw the gardener in 4 months so I also
was far, far from it despite the money (£450pcm total) taken in service charge.

What a delightful person you are. I feel sorry for anyone who has you as a landlord.

Sounds like a good landlord to me, didn't put his tennant through the hassle of getting the flat burned down by the furry arseholes in the roofspace and having to flee into an overgrown garden at 3am.

On the other hand I'd not Buy a house from him Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:55 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blinded by your bitterness as usual, you miss the point Hetzer. Someone was taking the £75 per month service charge
that all the owners paid and not spending it on what it was meant for. The gardens were supposed to be maintained
with paid monies, the roof was supposed to be maintained with paid monies, the blocks communal spaces were
supposed to be kept clean and decorated with paid monies. I paid the monies like everybody else did, but got fuck all
for it. It should have been building up at a nice steady rate and when I checked the management companies finances before
I bought the flat and joined said management company as all owners do the evidence suggested a 5 figure pot. The reality
was somewhat different, but by then I had spent £125 thousand pounds of my own money buying the flat.

I know a big tough guy like you would just beat everybody involved up, write your name 7ft high on the wall
in excrement and drive a tank through all the owners houses for having the gall to own multiple properties. But given you
clearly don't run a business yourself, other than your personal salt mine of course, I wouldn't expect you to understand why some
decisions need making. You're also precisely why I vet people who live in my houses, references, credit check and even their
criminal past since I also have close contacts who can do that for me. I wouldn't be handing you the keys to any of my
investments anytime soon. Keep smashing the system though bro, you're doing great work. Thumbs Up

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Blinded by your bitterness as usual, you miss the point Hetzer. Someone was taking the £75 per month service charge
that all the owners paid and not spending it on what it was meant for. The gardens were supposed to be maintained
with paid monies, the roof was supposed to be maintained with paid monies, the blocks communal spaces were
supposed to be kept clean and decorated with paid monies. I paid the monies like everybody else did, but got fuck all
for it. It should have been building up at a nice steady rate and when I checked the management companies finances before
I bought the flat and joined said management company as all owners do the evidence suggested a 5 figure pot. The reality
was somewhat different, but by then I had spent £125 thousand pounds of my own money buying the flat.

I know a big tough guy like you would just beat everybody involved up, write your name 7ft high on the wall
in excrement and drive a tank through all the owners houses for having the gall to own multiple properties. But given you
clearly don't run a business yourself, other than your personal salt mine of course, I wouldn't expect you to understand why some
decisions need making. You're also precisely why I vet people who live in my houses, references, credit check and even their
criminal past since I also have close contacts who can do that for me. I wouldn't be handing you the keys to any of my
investments anytime soon. Keep smashing the system though bro, you're doing great work. Thumbs Up

There's no question the person taking the money for the services is a scumbag. But you deliberately hid that nastiness from the people you mugged-off into buying the property. No different to putting sawdust into the sump of a car you're selling to hide the big-end being shot. That makes you a scumbag too, no ifs or buts.

The rest of your hyperbole is just that. The difference between you and me, regardless of all your "criminal record" shite, is that I wouldn't do it to 'one of my own' (in the same boat as me, a fellow struggler in life). But now you can tell us how your moral compass has a bearing that reads different treatment to your tenants vs people you sell gaffs to. Go on, it'll be fascinating.

NB: Fuck knows what "bitterness" has to do with anything. The very reason I have no "bitterness" is because I've always dealt with shit to my satisfaction, instead of bending over and taking it up the arse. Smile

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:31 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might if I cared what you think. But I don't, so take this months copy of the Socialist Worker, roll it up and pop it where
the sun doesn't shine Citizen Smith. Call me some more names if it makes you feel slightly better about your miserable
lot, I'm more than happy to help. But know this, all your bile, hatred and envy won't change a thing for me. Absolutely nothing.
You're showing yourself up now, although I doubt that's a new experience for you.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 164 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3