Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Car audio Sub/Amp quesiton.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 17:46 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Car audio Sub/Amp quesiton. Reply with quote

Hi all,

I recently bought a 2004 Scooby Forester STI

As standard this model comes with a Sub in the boot, it is a 6x9. This sub is amplified by the stock headunit, however as this is an import I do not have the stock head unit. I fitted an Android Head unit which has a RCA sub out. I fitted a Speaker wire to RCA convertor to sub connector but it doesn't work. A bit of research says this signal needs to be amplified.

All I want to to do is replicate what the stock headunit was doing however single channel sub amps are expensive and MASSIVE. I just want a cheap little box I can hide and will make the sub make noise.

Any ideas how I can get it to work? One option is to wire the sub into the rear speakers but I'd rather keep it separate so I can control it with the sub level on the head unit.

chris-red

PostPosted: 18:15 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Re: Car audio Sub/Amp quesiton. Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2004 Scooby Forester STI

As standard this model comes with a Sub in the boot, it is a 6x9. This sub is amplified by the stock headunit, however as this is an import I do not have the stock head unit. I fitted an Android Head unit which has a RCA sub out. I fitted a Speaker wire to RCA convertor to sub connector but it doesn't work. A bit of research says this signal needs to be amplified.

All I want to to do is replicate what the stock headunit was doing however single channel sub amps are expensive and MASSIVE. I just want a cheap little box I can hide and will make the sub make noise.

Any ideas how I can get it to work? One option is to wire the sub into the rear speakers but I'd rather keep it separate so I can control it with the sub level on the head unit.

Would something like this work?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12-24V-TPA3116-D2-100W-Mono-Channel-Audio-Power-Amplifier-Board-for-Car-TE633/153186791680?hash=item23aaa4f100:g:pksAAOSwb-RbojT1:rk:1:pf:0

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your headunit sub out is good to have as it'll handle the crossover, that amp module has to be worth a punt.

It'll get warm so best fit on a metal plate/chassis which leads me to the earthing point. Where is it and etc etc.

Suspect there is a video to help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red

PostPosted: 10:41 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Your headunit sub out is good to have as it'll handle the crossover, that amp module has to be worth a punt.

It'll get warm so best fit on a metal plate/chassis which leads me to the earthing point. Where is it and etc etc.

Suspect there is a video to help.
#

Anything needs to be special about the earth? Just make sure it has a good one right?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1