Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ZZR 1100D drive chain adjusters.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

canuck7
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:14 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: ZZR 1100D drive chain adjusters. Reply with quote

Hi all. Pete the newbie here. just bought a zzr1100 94 model. i have a serious question and can any experts in the subject help me? the standard gearing is 17t gearbox and 45t rear wheel. i wish to alter the gearing and i need to know how many chain links if any, the rear wheel concentric adjusters will cope with from the wheel " all the way foward" like minimum chain length , to "all the way back" as in maximum chain length. will the adjusters cope with like, a full one link length or more from max to the minimum setting? thanks, Pete Wink

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:42 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's exactly the same number of links. That's why you need to adjust it....

canuck7
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:02 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It's exactly the same number of links. That's why you need to adjust it....

Hi all , i don't think i made myself clear. i want to go from 17t/45t to 19t/42t. i know the standard chain is 110 links. i also have found out from an online calculator that 18t/42t uses the same chain length as the standard set up ie-110 links. but i want to with even higher gearing as in 19t/42t BUT THAT will require a longer chain at 112 links. that is why i was asking how much chain difference leeway they swinging arm adjusters cope with as regards chain length. actually 19t/41t WILL cope with the standard chain at the same 110 links however a 41 tooth rear sprocket is simply not available to fit a 1994 zzr1100D unless is custom made at around 3-4 times the price of a easily available 42t rear. my doubts are if i try a 19t/42t setup the chain will be too long for the adjusters to cope with. with all that in mind, does anyone know? thanks Laughing , pete

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have one, just go out now and measure the distance the rear wheel moves ... You can then know the working circumference of each sprocket and the distance between the sprocket centres...

But, why do you want to do this? Slower acceleration but you want to chase higher top speeds?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you got a turbo or some slippery bodywork Pete because I doubt the zzr has the power to pull 19/42 to the top of the power curve in top gear. If you take the stock top speed as 170mph, you're now trying to gear it for 203.

Have you tried fitting a 19 front? It doesn't foul anything?

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 23:52 - 23 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure a 19 front will fit? There isn't much room there.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 179 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1