Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
when cat turd gets up my finger nails

My God. I was once in the vicinity of someone who put a powerful strimmer through a cat turd. Not too close, but anyway. Cough. I can remember it very vividly indeed. Horror!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:48 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
For all you know Ozzy Osbourne could have bit its head off

What do you think killed it?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
I am weak.

That won't do. You shouldn't put them in there, it's not nice at all!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:40 - 15 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, on a walk my dog has dug up a mole and shook it to death, she's had a couple of toads in the back garden
plus a few mice from under the shed. And she caught a squirrel a few months back although I managed to get her to
spit it out before she offed it. I had no idea until then that squirrels can scream. Those are just the ones I know about.
I'm sure there are others, prey drive is a helluva thing. She's getting well within a metre of the squirrels she chases every
day in the woods and I don't doubt that she will catch more of them in future. Dogs gonna dog, it's natures way. She
hates cats too tbh, haven't seen one in my, I mean her back yard in over a year. She is very fast for a big dog.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:06 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had rats in our roof, you could hear them scampering about at night, we told the children it was Chucky and if they didn't sleep then he would come down lol.

The rats got under the bonnet of the car and ate the wires, and three got into the aircon ducts of the car and got trapped and died. So, we got a few cats, and the rats got caught. Job done, not a sniff of any rats any more.
We do have loads of small geckos running up the walls, and cats love to be picked up and held to striking distance to catch and eat them too.

That is a beautiful little cat btw, I just lost my special cat, it got run over in the road two weeks ago. But as one goes, another wandered into the garden, so she has a new home. I'll try and post a photo or two

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:19 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little boy with the new cat/kitten that found it's way to our house.
https://i.imgur.com/qfSzX9r.jpg

My cat that just got run over, he was a beauty, so gentle with the children. His father was also exactly the same, different colour eyes. The photo of the two white cats together are cousins, same father, different mother.
https://i.imgur.com/BWNtQxH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/C1bHEnb.jpg

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:25 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Fourte wrote:
when cat turd gets up my finger nails

My God. I was once in the vicinity of someone who put a powerful strimmer through a cat turd. Not too close, but anyway. Cough. I can remember it very vividly indeed. Horror!

Offtopic but the worst smell I've ever endured was an open crisp packet, still with old crisps in, quarter full with rain water and then slugs went for a meal - they drowned and formed a gloopy mess. I'm gagging here and it happened a decade ago. I'm really not joking when I say I'd rather brush my teeth with dog sh*t. Dog sh*t to me is more like Bisto gravy compared to that rancid smell of slug death. I don't exaggerate when I say it took two weeks to rid the smell of slug death from my skin.
I'd go on but I think I'll puke.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:47 - 16 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

But they don't kill rats, they're rubbish at that. The Mammal Society's survey recorded less than 200 out of 270,000,000 animals killed.

My parents had a dog once that was a fantastic ratter, though.

Yours might be rubbish at killing rats, but mine aren't Laughing

They brought me this "present" last year

Ratty

And this was the offending cat that did it Wink

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7549/29666122256_a772311966_b.jpg

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:40 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

News this morning, my wife shows me a photo of my other white cat, dead in the street. In the photo above, the one with both blue eyes. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:21 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell. That's a bit harsh. Condolences to you.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:08 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Bloody hell. That's a bit harsh. Condolences to you.

Thanks grr666,

Back home cats lives are seen as cheap, but my two favorites in 2 weeks is a bit much. The father, also white with different eyes I rescued from the road as a really young kitten, but when his balls took over as he got older, he disappeared but still comes home every month or two for a cuddle. Maybe he will stick around to inseminate our other female and give me another couple of white cats.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the last one vanished we don't let this one out (half Bengal).
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Maybe it's time to keep them as house pets?

Can't really, my home is in the Philippines and open doors/windows are a norm because it's so hot. I just don't know why they ventured into the road, they never have before, unless they got chased.

Crying or Very sad

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

I'd need a bloody airlock system on every door/window in my house if i ever tried to keep my cats as house cats

Even though we have a cat flap, one of them refuses to use it, and will simply jump out of any ground floor* window or waits till someone opens a door, and it's in/out (shake it all about)

* He did try an upstairs window once, and ended up clinging on for dear life by his front legs, scrambling with his back legs up a wet pane of glass, trying to get back in......... needless to say, he hasn't tried that again

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Can't really, my home is in the Philippines and open doors/windows are a norm because it's so hot. I just don't know why they ventured into the road, they never have before, unless they got chased.

I'm surprised they haven't been eaten by someone. I saw a thin black cat eating plain rice there.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 17 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:

I'd need a bloody airlock system on every door/window in my house if i ever tried to keep my cats as house cats

I always found that whenever I got a new kitten, the first time it ever went outside, I didn't know anything about it until it was yowling to be let back in Confused

I won't have another, especially since I joined BCF. I've realised I kill too many Shocked
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:56 - 18 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

I'm surprised they haven't been eaten by someone. I saw a thin black cat eating plain rice there.

We only feed our cats left overs from breakfast, lunch and dinner. Yes, they will eat rice, but we normally squash some fish bones or vegetables, meat or soup into it. The dogs get the same.

I have never seen cats being eaten here, dogs yes, even I have had dog a few times, but never cats, maybe you are thinking about Korea lol

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 21:00 - 20 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, like a responsible new cat owner I took ‘missy’ to the vets for checkup and start of the innocuations course. The vet gave ‘her’ a good look over and found bollocks... so He is now called Clive.

Clive is a very friendly and relaxed 10 week old kitten, he sits on you or beside you sleeping. Follows us around the place and is great with our daughter. He has only hidden once when I turned the hoover on but otherwise he is a fantastic little confident chap that is more into cuddles than teararsing about being a nightmare.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 20 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our cat, that we'd had as a 8 week old kitten for 10 years disappeared this time last year, so earlier this year i got a 3 year old kitten from Blue Cross. Named him Morten after i realised he was a hunter. So, i try to keep him in the day and only out at night so he only kills mice, but for some reason the other night, a pigeon who should have been tucked up in bed, felt the clutch of his deadly claws.

Saw it happening on the cctv, so rushed out and pulled him off the pigeon he was busy torturing and grabbed the crossbow to put the bird out of its misery. Put a bolt through its head, it flapped a bit then settled down. Assumed it was dead, and chatted to the neighbour for about 15 mins. When i went to check on it again, realised it was still alive. Shit. Ran indoors to get another bolt and fired it into where i imagined its brain was.

Unbelievably, it was still alive, despite two crossbow bolts nailing its head to the lawn. It looked up at me in a kind of 'what the fuck, man?!' Ended up pulling one of the blood/feathered covered bolts out of its head, reloaded, and 3rd time lucky.

Not the best way to spend a tuesday evening, but then again, at least some incompetent twat wasn't constantly firing bolts into my head... Sad

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 21 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

You really don't like cats do you? Kinda like anyone that's not white, and have St George's cross tattooed on their forehead, if we're gauging you by your other semi-literate tirades on this board.

Cats, for the most part, *want* to go outside. They'll find a way out. They're not docile like dogs with the exception of a few selected breeds, they're massively independent creatures. Before you start doing your shit flinging gibbon impression, and ranting about them shitting in your garden, ours have a littlerbox. When they decide to stay indoors, they still need to shit somewhere, or is that a concept that your tiny mind fails to comprehend?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 21 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're the racist spunkbubble with a sloping forehead, I'm just pointing out that your worldview is, and we'll be generous here, limited.

My cats go outside. They also have a littlerbox indoors. I can't actually think of a single person that I personally know that owns a cat that *doesn't* have a litterbox indoors. Your attempt to dress up your dislike with a thinly veiled excuse is, much like yourself, fucking pathetic. If you're going to make shitty excuses, at least use plausible ones you knuckle dragging cumbucket. Now fuck off back under your rock.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 21 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a cat once that never went on the ground, stayed in the flat above our shop, and left via my bedroom window, jumped onto the flat roof of the bank next door, then wandered around all the roof tops in the block.

Never saw him on the ground once. He was very big, very muscular, quite stupid, and scared of mice. Laughing Would wait at the top of the stairs for me to come home from school and jump on my shoulder as I walked up the staircase and sit there like a parrot as I walked round the flat.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 21 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I had a cat once that never went on the ground, stayed in the flat above our shop, and left via my bedroom window, jumped onto the flat roof of the bank next door, then wandered around all the roof tops in the block.

Never saw him on the ground once. He was very big, very muscular, quite stupid, and scared of mice. Laughing Would wait for me to come home from school and jump on my shoulder and sit there like a parrot as I walked round the flat.
Crapped down drainpipes I hear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3