Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Microsoft points?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 31 Oct 2018    Post subject: Microsoft points? Reply with quote

Don't really know what, why, how, but I got 1,965 microsoft points, was vaguely aware of it being some sort of promo, but never really thought about it.

Am I right in thinking there is a bugger all I can get with them, and I need a stupid amount of them to get anything?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 31 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer yes Smile There's a list of how many points you need here: https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/microsoft-rewards-earn-free-12-month-xbox-live-gold-xbox-game-pass-subscriptions-2777449

Some people reckon you can get Xbox Live and/or gamepass effectively free but f**k knows how long you have to stick at it. I'd rather pay however much and game when I want.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 01 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the daily searches. as does my OH. 2 minutes out of our days and so far we've managed to buy several Xbox game passes, as well as several xbox vouchers. With 2 of us doing it we can 'gift' points to each other which helps. The vouchers have a limited life, 3 months or so, so we save the points until we actually want to buy something.

Microsoft frequently have sales on the points items, you can also use the points for their prize draws, we've never won anything, so don't bother now.

Search using Edge and Bing and that's about it. Couple of clicks on the rewards page gets you a few more. You also get points if you buy stuff through Microsoft, but they do usually have overinflated prices. It's worth it for us, we see it as free vouchers really. We have the time and are stuck at our pc's for periods of time as well.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:07 - 02 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:
I do the daily searches.

Mine is scripted to run every single day, I use it to pay for game pass and live. Easy way to pay for those little xbox services.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:34 - 02 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
hedgehugger wrote:
I do the daily searches.

Mine is scripted to run every single day, I use it to pay for game pass and live. Easy way to pay for those little xbox services.

Is it this? https://github.com/sealemar/BingRewards

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 02 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:

Search using Edge and Bing and that's about it. Couple of clicks on the rewards page gets you a few more. You also get points if you buy stuff through Microsoft, but they do usually have overinflated prices. .

ah, that's probably how I got them, used to use a windows phone until last month, and used the default search, plus the odd purchase from the game store I guess

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:36 - 05 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

No, its self written Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is an app on xbox one now for microsoft rewards, quite easy to just check through things, watch this trailer, click that link to get points

so I'll probably do this every week to earn a gift card now
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 153 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1