Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BMAD bites the dust

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 04 Nov 2018    Post subject: BMAD bites the dust Reply with quote

Can't believe that I've just read about the cancellation of next year's event. This was a massive boost to both charities and local businesses with a huge influx of bikers from all over the country.

https://wearesouthdevon.com/bmad-cancel-next-years-bike-festival/

RIP BMAD. Sad

ART-ADS
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:14 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv noticed quite a few events running for the last year/ closing. very sad

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:08 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living in Plymouth I have attended and enjoyed many BMADS, as much as I hate the expression, this particular event is a victim of it's own success, how much does it cost to have a couple of tents and a couple hundred bikers compared to how much it costs to put on an event attended by thousands (of mainly non bikers)? With sponsorship not forthcoming these costs cannot be met, I feel this applies to many of the events ending, stay small stay cheap I say...

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
Living in Plymouth I have attended and enjoyed many BMADS, as much as I hate the expression, this particular event is a victim of it's own success, how much does it cost to have a couple of tents and a couple hundred bikers compared to how much it costs to put on an event attended by thousands (of mainly non bikers)? With sponsorship not forthcoming these costs cannot be met, I feel this applies to many of the events ending, stay small stay cheap I say...

Kev reckons 50k for the event and all the bike nights through the summer, hardly a huge amount in the grand scheme of things. The whole area benefits from the pre - tourist season 3 day bash, which fills the local accomodation.
Torbay has lost what is quite possibly it's biggest event of the year.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 141 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1