Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The anti third wave feminism anti SJW nonsense thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
A left-wing journalist and Labour supporter has blasted the Royal British Legion and denounced its Poppy Appeal.

Aaron Bastani, who has a PhD and is co-founder of news site Novara Media, shared a Tweet where he said it was “sickening” that a huge amount of money was spent on poppies.

The writer, who is a Labour party member and renowned for being a Jeremy Corbyn supporter, said: “Absolutely sickening that as a country Britain spends £45 million on poppies to feel good and help a worthy cause while 13,000 ex veterans are homeless."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/leftwing-writer-and-labour-party-member-calls-british-legion-poppy-appeal-absolutely-sickening-a3985031.html

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani

Prime example of counter snowflakery. He is criticising the charity not the dead.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:20 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's sickened by the people in this country who spend £45 million on poppies. Wink

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
He's sickened by the people in this country who spend £45 million on poppies. Wink
Meh no.

Seems a reasonable query, where does the money go then as he seems to be inferring it is wasted no? https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1060236380478029824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-6971766332747425499.ampproject.net%2F1811051833450%2Fframe.html

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

-when they could be giving it to armed forces veterans. Laughing

Quote:
Aaron’s thesis was entitled “Strike! Occupy! Retweet!: The Relationship Between Collective and Connective Action in Austerity Britain.”

Clapping
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:35 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
Seems a reasonable query, where does the money go then as he seems to be inferring it is wasted no?

He seems to think the donations should be spent politically, lobbying the government over its policies. Balls to that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Sload wrote:
Seems a reasonable query, where does the money go then as he seems to be inferring it is wasted no?

He seems to think the donations should be spent politically, lobbying the government over its policies. Balls to that.

A more fair retort if accurate. Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 08 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it from the second part of his tweet,
Quote:
When was the last time the Royal British Legion challenged the government on homelessness and public services?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:23 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
duhawkz wrote:
Self identification certainly opens up a whole can of worms

As someone who identifies as a can of worms, I find that deeply offensive. Very Happy

As someone who identifies as a deep offense, I find that deeply not nice.

Johnnythefox
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:31 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a can and I find worms offensive

Monkeywrenche...
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:43 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Someone who identifies as a worm I find Cans like the racist POS above an offensive reminder of years of over represented Incarceration of my people.

mpd72 CPT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:05 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Here's a guy who is 69, but identifies as 49, who is taking legal action to get his date of birth changed.

Young God

Seems legit, non?

Edit, just seen Ste's earlier post. Still, no such thing as too much eh?

It can't happen. As soon as people can legally change their age, society as we know it will collapse.

Anyone could change their age to 67 and get a state pension from any age. All age related laws would be useless, people could drive, drink and vote at any age. Anyone could apply for a free bus pass etc..

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll find he won't succeed. A storm in a media tea-cup created by someone who craves attention and a public eager to give it.

Monkeywrenche...
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:15 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

It can't happen. As soon as people can legally change their age, society as we know it will collapse.

Anyone could change their age to 67 and get a state pension from any age. All age related laws would be useless, people could drive, drink and vote at any age. Anyone could apply for a free bus pass etc..

I don't disagree that it would be a terrible Idea...but

Pension relies on a number of contributing years and at best you'd only be able to shave a few years off the top end not to be worse off than claiming working age benefits. And would children be able to apply to change their age without further Scrutiny? no, so anyone who can change their age will be 18 and eligible to drink vote and drive anyway. so that leaves heating allowance and bus pass I suppose.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:40 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's already pretty common place I thought?

Especially in Germany, Sweden etc where a lot of people 'identify' as under years old and are accepted for that with not much question.

http://swedishsurveyor.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/unaccompanied-refugee-children.jpg

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:17 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in the UK. Wink

https://news.sky.com/story/second-student-removed-from-ipswich-school-amid-investigation-of-30-year-old-pupil-11547154

mpd72 CPT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:23 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I think you'll find he won't succeed. A storm in a media tea-cup created by someone who craves attention and a public eager to give it.

He/She/It + has a point though. If a man can legally change gender just by wanting to "identify" as another sex, why is that any different to be able to legally change age by wanting to "identify" as that age?

mpd72 CPT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:

I don't disagree that it would be a terrible Idea...but

Pension relies on a number of contributing years and at best you'd only be able to shave a few years off the top end not to be worse off than claiming working age benefits.

How about private pensions? Is it worded with a date you can claim or an age? This could be interesting unless they can modify the terms people signed up for.

Monkeywrencher wrote:
And would children be able to apply to change their age without further Scrutiny? no, so anyone who can change their age will be 18 and eligible to drink vote and drive anyway. so that leaves heating allowance and bus pass I suppose.

Is there an age limit for being able to swap legal genders?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:32 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are trans age limits, getting hormones prescribed when under 16 is a tricky one and getting surgery whilst under 18 doesn't happen.

There are no age restrictions on changing your gender on your passport.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fundamental difference between changing one's gender legally following a nip n' tuck, and changing one's age. One is (arguably) physically possible, and one is not unless you are Dr Who. That is why I don't think the law will allow age changes.

I don't think it is any more complicated than that.

mpd72 CPT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
There is a fundamental difference between changing one's gender legally following a nip n' tuck, and changing one's age. One is (arguably) physically possible, and one is not unless you are Dr Who. That is why I don't think the law will allow age changes.

I don't think it is any more complicated than that.

It's not though, even arguably. Even if you chop your knob off, create a mangina and take female hormones, you'd still be a man, just a man with his knob chopped off and artificial female hormone content.

This is no different to someone having surgery to look younger and dying their hair to hide age. The big difference is one is allowed to legally identify as the fake, where the other is not yet legally allowed to.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for mpd -if a bloke looses his dingus in an accident, is he still a man?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Question for mpd -if a bloke looses his dingus in an accident, is he still a man?

Can I still answer? Smile

'The simplest thing DNA can tell you is whether someone is male or female.' - 10 years ago so probably a hate article now Tut Tut

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am inclined to agree, much as it pains me given that I think people should be allowed to call themselves whatever they like as long as they aren't hurting anybody else.

Perhaps there should be a distinction between 'legally' and 'biologically' to allow for le difference...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a really interesting programme about Cambridge military hospital in Aldershot last night.

It was the birth place of plastic surgery and the surgeon, Harold Gilles, also did the first sex change operations, male to female and female to male.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Gillies

Interesting abandoned building as well!

https://www.forces.net/stories/ghost-town-aldershots-abandoned-military-hospital

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs, do you want me to feel ill. Your new avatar is disgusting. Sick

Last edited by Polarbear on 15:19 - 09 Nov 2018; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150  Next
Page 146 of 150