Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Al Beeb subliminal comedy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:17 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping Sleeping

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused. There was a Labour MP, a Conservative MP, a Times journalist, a Sociologist and an Irish Euro MP. Seems like a broad spread to me.

All came across well, even Ms Diane for a change. All articulate with differing views. If anything the Tory was the muppet of the bunch because he didn't think it necessary to work out why kids carry knives before trying to stop them.

Is this part of your Left-wing agenda conspiracy theory again?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, I get it. There was no ultra right-wing pro-Brexit smug shouty bloke to counter the calm and considered Times journalist and the Irish MEP genuinely worried about her constituents if border controls are introduced between North and South.

In that sense, the panel was biased.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst not wishing to add fire to your conspiracy theory, I thought the Irish woman got most talky-time.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without even watching the show I can predict that it was virtual signalling metropolitan elites banging on about how they don't like Brexit, and maybe some niche issues only of interest to central London like how we need the country to be 99% Somali coffee shop workers, how we need equality of the good jobs for women except where men are the minority and men should keep the crappy jobs, aaand finally some whining because Trump is President and they don't like him. The media, the people behind the camera, are the same at all these shows. The people presenting may be conservative (e.g Andrew Neil), but the 99% of staff you never see? All the same views Smile

If you really want to get wound up try BBC Three. Those shows the BBC doesn't even pretend to be impartial.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0559vr5/leo-becoming-a-trans-man
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06p3d16/generation-activism-series-1-1-brexit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06hyq7h/my-asian-alter-ego
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p052q803/queer-britain-series-1-6-queer-and-proud
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06ptlg5/ryan-tricks-on-the-streets-series-1-6-a-special-kind-of-magic-for-mums
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06kt6x9/stacey-dooley-face-to-face-with-armageddon

You will need to be very, very brave to watch this one Laughing
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007zpll/episodes/guide
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel 4 don't even pretend to be neutral anymore. But I do object to agenda politics being called news, so they're still disingenuous. I don't particularly like Aaron Banks, but had to laugh when Ch4 news tried to interview him, and he told them bluntly no, and what he thought of them - I'd forgive him a lot just for that Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Al Beeb subliminal comedy? Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Anyone ever watched a recent Question Time? Try it with the sound off and look at the agenda.

Tonight’s panel were rather over represented, long before the agenda kicked in.

Does he mean two out of five panelists were black? I think he does. Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbf, you have to represent the thick people from minorities as well as intelligent ones.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Channel 4 don't even pretend to be neutral anymore.

Maybe I'm misremembering on this one but didn't Channel 4 years ago just used to be a dry regurgitation of the news? I don't remember any spin, obviously now the BBC and the ITN news broadcasts (ITV, Ch4 etc.) are nothing but.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

aint TV supposed to be watched with sound and not muted? Confused

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just got boring in my view.

It hashes out the same old questions with the same old answers and the same sheep for an audience.

They should liven it up with a phone in vote and the loser panellist gets dumped into a pit of knife wielding blacks, Muslim terrorists or maniac brexiteers/remainers depending on their viewpoint.

Ratings would be Thumbs Up

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
It's just got boring in my view.

It hashes out the same old questions with the same old answers and the same sheep for an audience.

They should liven it up with a phone in vote and the loser panellist gets dumped into a pit of knife wielding blacks, Muslim terrorists or maniac brexiteers/remainers depending on their viewpoint.

Ratings would be Thumbs Up

The phone in would be preselected people so whats the point? Or they will conduct a completely random sample, from Guardian subscribers.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. God here. I'm just gonna kill you all and start again. Thanks for the entertainment though Thumbs Up

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:47 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
how we need equality of the good jobs for women except where men are the minority and men should keep the crappy jobs,

you should watch more Jordan Peterson (who was on the panel tbf) and his views on why men are in the highest paid jobs.

Pretty much debunks all the SJW spaff about gender pay gap and sexism in the recruitment industry.

in a nutshell (on average) men are less agreeable and more likely to forfeit time / life / family in order to futher their career. working 70 hour weeks non stop until they get to the top and then continuing to do this.

women (on average) are more agreeable and more likely to want to have a family come 30-35 and settle down.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
how we need equality of the good jobs for women except where men are the minority and men should keep the crappy jobs,

you should watch more Jordan Peterson (who was on the panel tbf) and his views on why men are in the highest paid jobs.

Pretty much debunks all the SJW spaff about gender pay gap and sexism in the recruitment industry.

in a nutshell (on average) men are less agreeable and more likely to forfeit time / life / family in order to futher their career. working 70 hour weeks non stop until they get to the top and then continuing to do this.

women (on average) are more agreeable and more likely to want to have a family come 30-35 and settle down.

I tried his book but found it quite wordy (dunce alert). I thought the pay-gap stuff was fairly self-explanatory, full time it's in favour of men, part time it's in favour of women as they typically switch to part time work when they have families. You'd also have to factor in maternity leave, women giving up work altogether etc..

'If you only look at full-time workers the pay gap drops to 9.1%. For part-time workers the pay gap favours women, who now earn 5.1% more than men'.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Al Beeb subliminal comedy? Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Does he mean two out of five panelists were black? I think he does. Rolling Eyes

Well spotted Sherlock. Rolling Eyes

I see what chicken strip means about representing the retarded from all backgrounds.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Over represented." Are we supposed to be disgusted at QT because there were two black people on the panel? Just another racist post from bnp72.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
"Over represented." Are we supposed to be disgusted at QT because there were two black people on the panel? Just another racist post from bnp72.

It should be proportional. The problem is that they claim a high non-white population when the representation and moniez is given out, but when people talk about too many immigrants suddenly the size of the non-white population is claimed to be very small. They never get called up on this blatant dishonesty either. Its either high, or it isn't, but its not changing throughout the debate.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 09 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm-a-Ridah wrote:
It should be proportional.

I've mocked the over-representation of ethnic minorities in advertising but in the case of QT I don't think proportional representation is particularly important when commenting on the issues of the week. However, if you want to go down that path, 2 in 5 of London's population are non-white, and this week it was a London panel. Maybe the Sikhs and the Chinese and anyone else should be kicking off about how they weren't invited, but that would be silly.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still struggling to see how this was racist, given that we live in a multicultural society and both individuals were there because they are politicians.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23