Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'Remarkable' decline in fertility rates

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 14 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I find it quite telling that we still spend over 8 times more on disability benefit and other bad back/stress taxes than JLA, even after the "Tory" bastards have clamped down on fakers.

Sure, some people are too disabled/ill to work, but I'll bet a large number of them could do some kind of office job/work from home. In fact, I'm willing to bet many of the fakers probably top up their state "wages" with black market Ebay selling etc.

Apparently almost 1 in 5 adults of working age are disabled. Yeah right...
Everyone's a fecking victim nowadays.

I hate to throw water on your fire but is Brexshit not supported by a fear that a swarm of asylum seekers from the head-banging states will pour, unchecked, into the UK and take all the jobs and claim all the benefits?

Fuck... is it true our own 'home grown' scum are already doing that?

That was the argument (propaganda) I remember all those years ago.

Page get. Cool
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 14 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

I'm trying to find anything factual about your usual white noise.

We have no idea on the make up of who claims all the benefits as the state don't measure ethnicity.

One thing is for sure though, an awful lot of EU migrant workers are in low paid jobs, (fact) the majority of which are in the pay bracket which will mean they claim more in tax credits and housing benefit than they contribute in taxes. (also fact)

The government are too afraid to admit to the level of this, so it must not be true eh? Every delivery driver or supermarket checkout worker around my area tends to be Eastern Europeans.

If we're in a period of record tax take (as stated by the ONS, but denied by Titchy) and record employment (although includes part time and zero hours, I presume?), you have to ask yourself why we're so skint as a country, that we cant afford a fit for purpose health and police system and we're still spending more than we earn as a country.

The only explanation is that too many people are taking more than they put back into the pot. With the increase n working tax credits and part time workers, this is a large proportion of that issue.

Are you changing the subject?

So our government/s rake in our hard earned in taxes and Brexshiteers blame the Bruxells Brigade for it and want to leave?

The arithmetic is not adding up.
And there are no facts.
That is, in fact, the burning issue or are you too drunk on the fumes of Brexshit to understand that?

You reply, to anyone who disagrees with your mantra, so obnoxiously that I am quite happy that you (and your comrades) are leaving Europe.
We don't need that sort of disestablishmentarianism-esq behaviour in our harmonious union.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 14 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Can you direct me to the point in that post? It seems to have gone missing again.

P.S. We're leaving the EU (in name only), not Europe FFS!

Rolling Eyes

Pedantic.

I wish you were my point.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:47 - 14 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

You ableist POS.

Give it a decade or two and it'll be closer to 50% of grownups that are disabled.

It'll be like Top Trumps but slightly weirder and much more real. Wub

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:57 - 14 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:

You ableist POS.

Give it a decade or two and it'll be closer to 50% of grownups that are disabled.

It'll be like Top Trumps but slightly weirder and much more real. Wub

WTF has Trump got to do with it?
You Name Dropping POS

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:01 - 14 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Trumps is a card game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Trumps

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 14 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Agreed, blaming dole grabbers for national woes is total nonsense.

As for the pie chart, here's another one showing the entire general budget:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/37/UK-Government-Expenditure-2016-17.jpg/1920px-UK-Government-Expenditure-2016-17.jpg

Also have a go on this website: https://app.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/bubbletree-map.html . It's loading pretty slow for me over in chinachianchina at the moment, but from what I remember it's quite informative.

That looks like the same image you get on your annual tax statement, which I assumed was part of the propaganda, as people see welfare and think gimmedats rather than the breakdown which shows it's actually pension contributions that make up the largest part.

Granted you can probably combine some of the other benefits, for example someone on JSA will (likely) also be getting housing benefit, but I've (unsuccessfully it seems) pointed out numerous times the housing benefit bill is only that high because Thatcher decided to sell off all the social housing.

Polarbear wrote:
I find it rather ironic that the government do what is deemed illegal for anyone else to do, spend pension contributions on anything other than pensions.

If they had invested the contributions we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

Anyway, if I'm being totally selfish, I've given the government a damn site more in contributions than I'll ever get back. If I had invested that in a personal pension I'd be rolling in it.

Well yes that's why they've introduced workplace pensions.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
I find it quite telling that we still spend over 8 times more on disability benefit and other bad back/stress taxes than JLA, even after the "Tory" bastards have clamped down on fakers.

Sure, some people are too disabled/ill to work, but I'll bet a large number of them could do some kind of office job/work from home. In fact, I'm willing to bet many of the fakers probably top up their state "wages" with black market Ebay selling etc.

Roger of Borg used to say the same thing, but I believe the Tories (pre-Blair) were just as guilty when it came to moving people onto the sick to bring down unemployment numbers. Leaving a doley on JSA in a council flat is actually the cheapest way to do it.

I'm a little torn with sickness benefits, I know people who play the system, but then I also know people who are genuinely sick.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 08:45 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
M.C wrote:
What would you give the boot?

Free TV license for old people.

"BBC launches consultation on TV licence fee for over-75s

The BBC is launching a consultation period to decide how licence fees for over-75s should be paid for.

They are currently financed by a government-funded scheme, which is due to end in 2020."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46274054

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:29 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Ste wrote:

Free TV license for old people.

"BBC launches consultation on TV licence fee for over-75s

The BBC is launching a consultation period to decide how licence fees for over-75s should be paid for.

They are currently financed by a government-funded scheme, which is due to end in 2020."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46274054

Just scrap the bloody thing and make the BBC live in the real world. They'll soon sort out the pay gender gap by reducing salaries. Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:34 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gender pay gap would be fixed if people no longer stated their gender so there is nothing to discriminate against.

The future is genderless. Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Gender pay gap would be fixed if people no longer stated their gender so there is nothing to discriminate against.

The future is genderless. Thumbs Up

That's genderist, the future is gender FLUID Folded arms

Which means the men on higher wages can become women and then there isn't a wage gender problem. Thumbs Up

Fuck, I should be a politician. Cool

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:48 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
They'll soon sort out the pay gender gap by reducing salaries. Thumbs Up

This. The BBC originally didn't want to publish salary information because it would allow rivals to poach all their 'talent'. That hasn't happened so you can only deduce they're overpaid Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4