Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Adrenaline 125 NO SPARK Chinese junk

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

dudejb46
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:08 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Adrenaline 125 NO SPARK Chinese junk Reply with quote

2013 pulse adrenaline 125
New plug
New cap
New lead
New coil
New cdi

NO SPARK. it turns over fine with new battery and jump pack. when key is on no lights are on but the gear indicator, is that right? Been so long since I had it running I can't remember.

Is there any common faults anyone knows of?
Or any standard electrical tests I can do?

Joined clutch and side Stand switch wires together still no joy.
tested frame earths, OK.

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: chinese junk Reply with quote

Not to a chinese peasant and his family !!

Get or make your own wiring diagram, you have the bike in front of you so it won't be that difficult or rocket science even.

Start at the battery and go from there. A multi meter would be good.

Is the ign system battery dependent for it to work, some are, some are not and are self contained, only needing a battery to whizz the engine over, if they don't have a kick start.

Undo your work around with the side stand etc. so the bike is as original and work your way from there.

With the ign on I would expect the horn, brake lights and inds to work, maybe a fuse somewhere, there will be somewhere.

Some chinky bikes have the earth wire rivetted to the engine, not that brilliant, but the engine whizzes over well on the battery, so that part of the electrics are good.

Make a new dedicated earth wire from the engine to the frame, to rule that out.

Take your time and be methodical, enjoy, its character building and you will learn.

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: non runner Reply with quote

Any luck yet ?

Was it a fuse and did you find a wiring diagram ??

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: cdrap Reply with quote

So, a very quick google search and if the parts supplier pictures are correct, its a cdi ign 12v coil reg/rec seems to have honda convention on wiring, 3 yellows from charging system genny/stator, a red to battery and a black sensor. Not bad for a technophobe old fart, so you my lad should have no problems, other than its gunna take more than a few presses of a button the magic your bike back to life.....

What colour wires has your bike, to say horn ( picture please ) left and right indicators ( pics ) stop and tail lights etc.....

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: lex Reply with quote

the lexmoto site seems reasonably good but could be better........fuel injected your bike ????

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 14:52 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Adrenaline 125 NO SPARK Chinese junk Reply with quote

dudejb46 wrote:
Is there any common faults anyone knows of?

Well the number one common cause of 'no-sparks' is folk taking the spark plug out, putting on the HRT cap and not earthing the plug to the engine-frame.....

Personally, I like to use a car jump-lead, put the plug ion the crock-clip one end, it both holds it where you can see it, and you can get a good earth on the other end direct on the battery neg.

Next... you need a good supply of volts to get a spark... if you got no lights on the dash, how you trying to get it to turn over?

If there's no lights on the dash, is there any juice in the battery to use e-starter? If not it aint going to turn motor over fast enbough to make volts for sparks.... a-n-d if you are trying to do it on the kick-starter, if it has one.... it tends to be quite tricky to jump up and down on the kicker, keep balence, and keep the spark-plug in sight... let alone resting on a cylinder fin to get earth... a-n-d you will likely only get a very weak spark, off it at best anyway.....

So there's your top 'common faults'......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:25 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: chikky Reply with quote

Nice one mike, well put.

The red neon plug caps I bang on about are a good cheap visual real world HT indicator at cranking conditions and engine running conditions.......all with the plug in the engine, but you may have to make an adaptor so it fits the plug ( just use the "nipple", the plug one not your own !!! depending how "kinky" you are of course ) and the plug cap ( make that end so it looks like the top of your spark plug, and will fit into the oe plug cap, and make it so it will fit onto the top of the red neon plug cap, sadly that has a non detachable "nipple" ).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 153 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1