Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

Like it or not, it's international business that produces, delivers, and pays for our lunch. Making political moves that drive it out is a spectacular case of cutting a branch on which we sit.

But you see, the problem for many people in this country (and apparently at the time of the referendum they were in the majority) is that business has cut the branch out from underneath them.
So the very least they could do is tell us how they mean to heal the wounds they have caused. But instead, they just run away.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citation?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:30 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kick May out?

I heard she's joining the Jehovah Witnesses because they also don't have a party at Christmas.

Ba dum tsss!!! Laughing Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:50 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Like it or not, it's international business that produces, delivers, and pays for our lunch. Making political moves that drive it out is a spectacular case of cutting a branch on which we sit.

But you see, the problem for many people in this country (and apparently at the time of the referendum they were in the majority) is that business has cut the branch out from underneath them.
So the very least they could do is tell us how they mean to heal the wounds they have caused. But instead, they just run away.

Funny you should say that, considering that the anti-EU hysteria in some British media increased just when EU started moving towards better management of multinationals.

As to the businesses abandoning ship - you cannot really blame them. They are money-making and not Brexiteer-appeasing entities. They like a big liner that sails steadily under a flag that makes it welcome in many ports. They are not obliged to board a little one that is prone to unpredictable course changes, screams abuse at other vessels, and has no paperwork in order just because it is flying a St George's cross.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:26 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to see statements from the CBI and others sup[porting the draft agreement of the exit agreement.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

Funny you should say that, considering that the anti-EU hysteria in some British media increased just when EU started moving towards better management of multinationals.

Left it a bit late then, didn't they.

Quote:
As to the businesses abandoning ship - you cannot really blame them. They are money-making and not Brexiteer-appeasing entities. They like a big liner that sails steadily under a flag that makes it welcome in many ports. They are not obliged to board a little one that is prone to unpredictable course changes, screams abuse at other vessels, and has no paperwork in order just because it is flying a St George's cross.

And you cannot blame people for voting to leave the EU because of reasons other than how well certain businesses and corporations do here. Perhaps when those businessmen, shareholders and company executives are in the majority, voting will go the way they want. Ordinary people just see tax-dodging, low wages and collusion with politicians to avoid the law of the land. Once again, you need to realise that for many people, there is more to life than seeing a smaller and smaller proportion of people do well, while everyone else suffers. Just because you are doing ok, doesn't mean everyone else is.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Not only that, but the majority of International businesses which we sell to aren't in the EU, they're in countries the EU refuses to do free trade deals with, in order to protect the mainly German and French manufacturers.

Still waiting for citation on the above.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:
Not only that, but the majority of International businesses which we sell to aren't in the EU, they're in countries the EU refuses to do free trade deals with, in order to protect the mainly German and French manufacturers.

Can he hear you?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Can he hear you?

He can read it, but chooses to ignore either when he can't answer, or when he's wrong.

See such posts regarding the TV Licence and contempt of court.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:33 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were blicked (again) Smile

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lib Dems is a party for the left wing, weed smoking university student in 1970 or 1980 valiantly protesting against the establishment. The thing is those people largely still hold those views but they are now the establishment. They want to crack down on high rate tax payers but as middle aged people high up the career ladder with a nice fat salary they don't want to pay more tax, and there isn't really anyone they can shift the cost onto. For the chattering classes its social suicide to not endorse the lefty policies so what do they do?

Vote Lib Dem! Delude themselves by saying they can have all of the Labour left policies but have Jacob Rees-Mogg levels of taxation.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
The Freight Clearance industry is currently around 10-15% of what it was prior to joining the EU in 1992. The firm I share an office with went from over 40 staff to 4 overnight. They're back to 6 now due to the increase in imports over the last 25 years.

The main clearance building, Lord Warden House, is mainly empty now. It was full when we had to clear all incoming freight, now it's mainly just the Turkish freight.

In spite of Brexit Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:38 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I thought you were blicked (again) Smile

They're having another lovers tiff. Wink

But when push comes to shove, there'll both come together and live happily ever after.

And, because I say so, we're all invited to their civil partnership wedding ceremony party shindig. (Apart from Rogerborg as he abandoned us.)

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:52 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
The Lib Dems...

Were for many years the alternative vote, saying whatever they thought would win votes, hence legalising cannabis, scraping tuition fees and so on. Then Nick Clegg came along, and partly due to the 'young' vote, and the f**ked up political situation, they actually got into a coalition government, and promptly went back on everything they said they stood for.

The lib dems are totally f**ked, had they just betrayed older voters, they'd have a chance to recover in how ever many years. But they pissed off young voters* who aren't going to forget in a hurry. Hence why now they're back to saying anything for votes; "we'll 100% stop Brexit unlike the other parties", except everyone still remembers so it's not working. Why are we talking about the lib dems again? Thinking

*Corbyn probably has the young vote now with his scrap tuition fees and all student debt pledge Rolling Eyes

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:00 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
But when push comes to shove, there'll both come together and live happily ever after.

Urgh, do you mind? Some of us are having supper. Well, were. Sick
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:49 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I'm inclined to agree there is a risk of sustained civil unrest if another referendum were held with the option to remain in the EU included. Even the government and police have acknowledged this.

What if I told you there is no need for 3rd referendum?

The UK Parliament can decide, vote and cancel Article 50.

It may sound weird to you, but we actually pay 650 MPs to do exactly that.

There will be riots if Parliament votes, cancel Article 50 and stops Brexit they say!

The only way to have rule of law & democracy in UK is to appease people that do not respect the rule of law or Parliamentary democracy in the UK and to submit the whole country to blackmail based on violence? Shocked

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:05 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
(Apart from Rogerborg as he abandoned us.)

Well, seeing as you bought it up, can I ask what actually happened. This was a guy who posted more than pretty much anyone else, for year after year, and then blip. Gone.

That was possibly the stealthiest of all stealth flounces I've ever witnessed, and I've been pretty active myself - i.e. on various message boards, for best part of 15 years.

Seriously - does anyone know what the fuck it was all about. Anyone??

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:18 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally we won't be flooded with those pesky foreign customers, climbing our White Cliffs with their French bags full of euros!

Admiral wrote:
Admiral is seeking to transfer its Italian and Spanish insurance business from Admiral Insurance Company Limited (AICL) in the UK to Admiral Europe Compañía de Seguros S.A. (AECS) based in Spain, with effect from 1st January 2019.

Following a court hearing on 3rd September, Admiral is contacting all Spanish and Italian customers to notify them of the transfer.

There will be a simultaneous transfer of Italian and French business from Admiral Insurance (Gibraltar) Limited (AIGL) to AECS under a parallel Gibraltar transfer process with the same Effective Date.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Finally we won't be flooded with those pesky foreign customers, climbing our White Cliffs with their French bags full of euros!

Admiral wrote:
Admiral is seeking to transfer its Italian and Spanish insurance business from Admiral Insurance Company Limited (AICL) in the UK to Admiral Europe Compañía de Seguros S.A. (AECS) based in Spain, with effect from 1st January 2019.

Following a court hearing on 3rd September, Admiral is contacting all Spanish and Italian customers to notify them of the transfer.

There will be a simultaneous transfer of Italian and French business from Admiral Insurance (Gibraltar) Limited (AIGL) to AECS under a parallel Gibraltar transfer process with the same Effective Date.

Can't you go with them? And make sure you take Val Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Ste wrote:
(Apart from Rogerborg as he abandoned us.)

Well, seeing as you bought it up, can I ask what actually happened. This was a guy who posted more than pretty much anyone else, for year after year, and then blip. Gone.

That was possibly the stealthiest of all stealth flounces I've ever witnessed, and I've been pretty active myself - i.e. on various message boards, for best part of 15 years.

Seriously - does anyone know what the fuck it was all about. Anyone??
Nobody can answer because to the best of my knowledge he never made friends with anyone on the forum.
He made the effort to go to a BCF BBQ....and that was about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:35 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Can't you go with them? And make sure you take Val Thumbs Up

I can. I have 2 backup passports for the eventuality of things going really Boris-shaped. Most people don't have such escape route, though - they may be stuck with no job. Let them eat sovereignty?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 161 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 181 of 523