Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stuff and decent tyre levers etc. for tail pack

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 25 Nov 2018    Post subject: Stuff and decent tyre levers etc. for tail pack Reply with quote

Eh up guys. Today I was out riding w/ my trf people and one of us got a puncture - he had tools with him and a tube so made short work of the problem. But I did think hmm, glad it wasn't me cos I had nowt with me.

So - I really need to try and piece together a little tool roll, and get a tail pack together. I'd just stick some crap in a ruck sack (as indeed some of the group did), but I'm a bit concerned about knackering my back if I came off.

I think most of us came off today. Some of the dismounts looked pretty spectacular in fact. One bloke on a wr450 vanished into a thick hedge - the bike really did chuck him off. It was bloody hard going today tbh - rained in the night a lot, and was raining as we went. I had a dab but timed it wrong and bam, I was straight off.

I digress - I need a tail pack and bits and bobs to put in it. Suggestions on a pack and stuff to include much appreciated. Cheers.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 25 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 58 pattern 5 quid army surplus gas mask bag which I zip tied on to the rear rack of my trail bike. Room for all my tools in that.
https://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/images/product/main/S10-RESI-BAG-NICE.jpg
https://www.meanandgreen.com/images/products/large/2406.4.jpg

My mate had the Buzzetti 12 inch tyre levers. He drilled a hole through the centre of the levers and mounted them with a wing nut on his rear mudguard, looked quite neat. He carried spare tubes in a front mudguard bag.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 25 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an acerbis fender bag on the front mudguard, with four little holes drille and the clips zip tied

and a kriega 5l bag with the two retraining straps bolted through the sub frame on the back
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 25 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used some 20cm/8 inch Hazet tyre levers. They’re nice and small and work perfectly (take small bites.)

As an emergency most tend to carry a standard front 21in tube which can be fitted in the rear short term if needed.

In general fit heavy duty tubes, but use standard as spares for fixes.

Useful to carry spare levers, cable repair kit and spares split links.

Carry a small bicycle pump. Other then that, carry general tools for your bike.

I just use a fender bag to store.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 27 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When riding any long distance enduros or when far from base I carry a light weight 21" inner tube in a fender bag on the front and an Acerbis bag on the back with a handful of tools and two tow straps that can also be used for pulling bikes out of deep mud holes.When riding with other KTM owners then we arrange between us who carries what tool as it is pointless everyone having the same item.But the rule is to carry your own inner tube.I also carry a CO2 gas inflater and a few spare cannisters as fun riding time can be wasted pumping up tubes manually Thumbs Up Twisted Evil

https://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/Dirt%20bikes/774687_03_034.jpg~original

Always have a 'Plan B'
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 122 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1