Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 420, 421, 422 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 05 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
if someone keyed my car and i found out they so blatantly did it, pretty sure id put a molotov through their window.

Its not that I'm attached to my car, I rarely clean the thing, I just don't like people thinking they can go around damaging other peoples property. I'm fairly sure in that situation I'd key the persons forehead and see how they liked it... depending on the size of them obviously* Razz

*you might need chloroform

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:34 - 05 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delivering a pizza. Local order, minimum fee. 10 mins work tops, as no waiting time at pizzeria this time of day.

Address incomplete. Customer has given name of road only. There is a hotel of the same name in that road, I assume they are there, and I phone them, they confirm that they are indeed there and will be standing outside.

I get there. Nope. Rolling Eyes Phone them again, no they are at the other hotel at the other end of the road, outside a hotel with an entirely different name.

I get them their food. They then proceed to walk into a different building entirely, offices in fact, the address of which is actually a different street from the one they gave me to start with. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 05 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Passed away".

(No they haven't, they died.)

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 05 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Delivering a pizza. Local order, minimum fee. 10 mins work tops, as no waiting time at pizzeria this time of day.

Address incomplete. Customer has given name of road only. There is a hotel of the same name in that road, I assume they are there, and I phone them, they confirm that they are indeed there and will be standing outside.

I get there. Nope. Rolling Eyes Phone them again, no they are at the other hotel at the other end of the road, outside a hotel with an entirely different name.

I get them their food. They then proceed to walk into a different building entirely, offices in fact, the address of which is actually a different street from the one they gave me to start with. Rolling Eyes

Welcome to my world... Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:31 - 05 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
"Passed away".

Is that you? https://youtu.be/LPLSCqlgc-4?t=142 Smile

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:12 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
"Passed away".

Nicer way of saying kicked the bucket

Shuffled of the mortal coi l
Dead
Worm bait m
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

O2

Renewewd my contract yesterday, mentioning that they had been excellent over the years.

Now no service....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
O2

Renewewd my contract yesterday, mentioning that they had been excellent over the years.

Now no service....

That's been such a pain in the arse today, I'm out with my mates back home at the weekend and we are arranging
it via whatsapp, well were anyway. Rolling Eyes 3 of us on 02. It's working ok with wifi though but still a pita. I'm waiting for
some to get home from work so we can continue our arrangings via wifi.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:29 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Fisty wrote:
O2

Now no service....

That's been such a pain in the arse today, I'm out with my mates back home at the weekend and we are arranging
it via whatsapp, well were anyway. Rolling Eyes 3 of us on 02. It's working ok with wifi though but still a pita. I'm waiting for

O2 have always been shit for outages in my experience, although some of that was with giffgaff who are first to go down. It was funny at work when we had O2 PDAs/Satnavs, phones, so you were Tom Hanks for the day when everything went down.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I have been home for long enough to boot up the home PC I have been able to look up who has been trying to phone me eight times today.

It appears that the number 0330-010-8312 is a call centre in the UK trying to phone me about PPI.

This number has now been added to my phone reject list.

Always have a 'Plan B'

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couriers; the last two days they were meant to collect a parcel, I'll be taking it to the post office tomorrow and paying the extra Rolling Eyes

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 07 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Fisty wrote:
O2

Now no service....

I was lucky, I heard about the outage so I wanged in my EE PAYG sim in my latest phone which has dual sim. Paid £3 for some data and problem solved. Used it again today just to be on the safe side.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:16 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who butcher their bike's wring loom in the name of 'cool'. Twin Bates headlamps are not cool. Stuffing the entire contents of your headlamp into the space behind the headstock after using all manner of different diameter wires to extend it is not cool. Wrapping the loom in gaffer tape and refuse sacks ain't cool either nor is it cool when you've run out of 30A fuses trying to find out where the hell it's shorting.

I so much wanted to stab someone over this today...

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kin ell and I thought a previous owner lubing his control cables with lard was bad.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
People who butcher their bike's wring loom in the name of 'cool'. Twin Bates headlamps are not cool. Stuffing the entire contents of your headlamp into the space behind the headstock after using all manner of different diameter wires to extend it is not cool. Wrapping the loom in gaffer tape and refuse sacks ain't cool either nor is it cool when you've run out of 30A fuses trying to find out where the hell it's shorting.

I so much wanted to stab someone over this today...

That's an... Interesting piece of work... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:19 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the bulbs? If there are twin headlights when one blows it can cause such a surge on the other that it melts the thick wires that the filament connect to together.

https://i.imgur.com/Td3oePC.jpg

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Have you checked the bulbs? If there are twin headlights when one blows it can cause such a surge on the other that it melts the thick wires that the filament connect to together.

The wiring was alright?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:13 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

The wiring was alright?

Was fine. The fuse protected it. It took me most of the day to find what was causing the fuse to blow though.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Engineering at it's best. Any Engineer will tell you that botching the job is necessary to keep production going. Worry about engineering it properly later after the event, cunting Capitalist buggers.

Yes I'm bitter spent much...bla ....bla

Reverse engineering.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ripping a box set today, got to disc 7 which was a bugger to get out of the case, broke it.... fcuk........it went snap.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:46 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
I was ripping a box set today, got to disc 7 which was a bugger to get out of the case, broke it.... fcuk........it went snap.

What programme do you use for ripping?

B5234FT
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:43 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
That is Engineering at it's best. Any Engineer will tell you that botching the job is necessary to keep production going. Worry about engineering it properly later after the event, cunting Capitalist buggers.

Yes I'm bitter spent much...bla ....bla

Reverse engineering.

Na, what happens is operations sit on a known requirement for months, at times after getting quotes for it (which is how you know its been months) then come and ask if your quote is still valid and can they have it in half the time.

You protest somewhat and then do what you can with the remaining time to keep it all working because steel is cheaper than downtime.

If it is urgent (rarely) then the pressure is on to avoid downtime and find a fix which can be addressed properly later, but again it comes from Ops.

It's not really in engineers nature to bodge things, wrong mindset entirely

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:57 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Courier265 wrote:

What programme do you use for ripping?

Is probably quicker to download it than rip.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out from work on Friday so expected everything to be a mess today, I started to boot up my laptop and connect it up to various displays.... Only to find that someone has taken my VGA to HDMI adapter. I need this to do my job and nobody owned up to taking it, IT lads didn't have any spare ones either.

Also I have a cough that is giving me a headache.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:57 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
I need this to do my job and nobody owned up to taking it, IT lads didn't have any spare ones either.

Start pulling their finger nails off until someone talks Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 420, 421, 422 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 421 of 698