Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Todays - What grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 420, 421, 422  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:59 - 05 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
if someone keyed my car and i found out they so blatantly did it, pretty sure id put a molotov through their window.

Its not that I'm attached to my car, I rarely clean the thing, I just don't like people thinking they can go around damaging other peoples property. I'm fairly sure in that situation I'd key the persons forehead and see how they liked it... depending on the size of them obviously* Razz

*you might need chloroform
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:34 - 05 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delivering a pizza. Local order, minimum fee. 10 mins work tops, as no waiting time at pizzeria this time of day.

Address incomplete. Customer has given name of road only. There is a hotel of the same name in that road, I assume they are there, and I phone them, they confirm that they are indeed there and will be standing outside.

I get there. Nope. Rolling Eyes Phone them again, no they are at the other hotel at the other end of the road, outside a hotel with an entirely different name.

I get them their food. They then proceed to walk into a different building entirely, offices in fact, the address of which is actually a different street from the one they gave me to start with. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:36 - 05 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Passed away".

(No they haven't, they died.)
____________________
KC100->CB100N->CB250RS--------->DL650AL2->R1200RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Courier265
Nearly there...



Joined: 01 Oct 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 05 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Delivering a pizza. Local order, minimum fee. 10 mins work tops, as no waiting time at pizzeria this time of day.

Address incomplete. Customer has given name of road only. There is a hotel of the same name in that road, I assume they are there, and I phone them, they confirm that they are indeed there and will be standing outside.

I get there. Nope. Rolling Eyes Phone them again, no they are at the other hotel at the other end of the road, outside a hotel with an entirely different name.

I get them their food. They then proceed to walk into a different building entirely, offices in fact, the address of which is actually a different street from the one they gave me to start with. Rolling Eyes


Welcome to my world... Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:31 - 05 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
"Passed away".

(No they haven't, they died.)

Is that you? https://youtu.be/LPLSCqlgc-4?t=142 Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:12 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
"Passed away".

(No they haven't, they died.)



Nicer way of saying kicked the bucket

Shuffled of the mortal coi l
Dead
Worm bait m
____________________
gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)
if its spelt wrong its my fat fingers and daft auto correct on my tablet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:18 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

O2

Renewewd my contract yesterday, mentioning that they had been excellent over the years.

Now no service....
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Jun 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
O2

Renewewd my contract yesterday, mentioning that they had been excellent over the years.

Now no service....


That's been such a pain in the arse today, I'm out with my mates back home at the weekend and we are arranging
it via whatsapp, well were anyway. Rolling Eyes 3 of us on 02. It's working ok with wifi though but still a pita. I'm waiting for
some to get home from work so we can continue our arrangings via wifi.
____________________
Currently enjoying products from Ford, Suzuki and Yamaha
Ste wrote: Avatars are fine, it's signatures that need turning off. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Fisty wrote:
O2

Renewewd my contract yesterday, mentioning that they had been excellent over the years.

Now no service....


That's been such a pain in the arse today, I'm out with my mates back home at the weekend and we are arranging
it via whatsapp, well were anyway. Rolling Eyes 3 of us on 02. It's working ok with wifi though but still a pita. I'm waiting for
some to get home from work so we can continue our arrangings via wifi.

O2 have always been shit for outages in my experience, although some of that was with giffgaff who are first to go down. It was funny at work when we had O2 PDAs/Satnavs, phones, so you were Tom Hanks for the day when everything went down.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Aug 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:04 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I have been home for long enough to boot up the home PC I have been able to look up who has been trying to phone me eight times today.

It appears that the number 0330-010-8312 is a call centre in the UK trying to phone me about PPI.

This number has now been added to my phone reject list.
____________________
Just talk bikes.What else is there?

Always have a 'Plan B'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:16 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couriers; the last two days they were meant to collect a parcel, I'll be taking it to the post office tomorrow and paying the extra Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Courier265
Nearly there...



Joined: 01 Oct 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 07 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Fisty wrote:
O2

Renewewd my contract yesterday, mentioning that they had been excellent over the years.

Now no service....


That's been such a pain in the arse today, I'm out with my mates back home at the weekend and we are arranging
it via whatsapp, well were anyway. Rolling Eyes 3 of us on 02. It's working ok with wifi though but still a pita. I'm waiting for
some to get home from work so we can continue our arrangings via wifi.


I was lucky, I heard about the outage so I wanged in my EE PAYG sim in my latest phone which has dual sim. Paid 3 for some data and problem solved. Used it again today just to be on the safe side.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:16 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who butcher their bike's wring loom in the name of 'cool'. Twin Bates headlamps are not cool. Stuffing the entire contents of your headlamp into the space behind the headstock after using all manner of different diameter wires to extend it is not cool. Wrapping the loom in gaffer tape and refuse sacks ain't cool either nor is it cool when you've run out of 30A fuses trying to find out where the hell it's shorting.

I so much wanted to stab someone over this today...
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fourte
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 17 Aug 2018
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:09 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kin ell and I thought a previous owner lubing his control cables with lard was bad.
____________________
CCM 404 DS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:56 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
People who butcher their bike's wring loom in the name of 'cool'. Twin Bates headlamps are not cool. Stuffing the entire contents of your headlamp into the space behind the headstock after using all manner of different diameter wires to extend it is not cool. Wrapping the loom in gaffer tape and refuse sacks ain't cool either nor is it cool when you've run out of 30A fuses trying to find out where the hell it's shorting.

I so much wanted to stab someone over this today...


That's an... Interesting piece of work... Rolling Eyes Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:19 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the bulbs? If there are twin headlights when one blows it can cause such a surge on the other that it melts the thick wires that the filament connect to together.

http://i.imgur.com/Td3oePC.jpg
____________________
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha:"Remember this simple rule - scooters are for men who like to feel the breeze on their huge, flapping cunt lips."
Sprint 1050 ST
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer



Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:53 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Have you checked the bulbs? If there are twin headlights when one blows it can cause such a surge on the other that it melts the thick wires that the filament connect to together.

http://i.imgur.com/Td3oePC.jpg


The wiring was alright?
____________________
'96 Kawasaki ZX7R P1 (sold) - '90 Honda CB-1 (sold) - '88 Kawasaki GPz550 (sold)
'95 Mercedes-Benz w202 C200 CGI; At my disposal: MZ 150 ETZ
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:13 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Have you checked the bulbs? If there are twin headlights when one blows it can cause such a surge on the other that it melts the thick wires that the filament connect to together.

http://i.imgur.com/Td3oePC.jpg


The wiring was alright?


Was fine. The fuse protected it. It took me most of the day to find what was causing the fuse to blow though.
____________________
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha:"Remember this simple rule - scooters are for men who like to feel the breeze on their huge, flapping cunt lips."
Sprint 1050 ST
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 04 Nov 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:28 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Engineering at it's best. Any Engineer will tell you that botching the job is necessary to keep production going. Worry about engineering it properly later after the event, cunting Capitalist buggers.

Yes I'm bitter spent much...bla ....bla

Reverse engineering.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Courier265
Nearly there...



Joined: 01 Oct 2017
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:59 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ripping a box set today, got to disc 7 which was a bugger to get out of the case, broke it.... fcuk........it went snap.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:46 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
I was ripping a box set today, got to disc 7 which was a bugger to get out of the case, broke it.... fcuk........it went snap.


What programme do you use for ripping?
____________________
Triumph Trophy Launch Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

B5234FT
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:43 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
That is Engineering at it's best. Any Engineer will tell you that botching the job is necessary to keep production going. Worry about engineering it properly later after the event, cunting Capitalist buggers.

Yes I'm bitter spent much...bla ....bla

Reverse engineering.


Na, what happens is operations sit on a known requirement for months, at times after getting quotes for it (which is how you know its been months) then come and ask if your quote is still valid and can they have it in half the time.

You protest somewhat and then do what you can with the remaining time to keep it all working because steel is cheaper than downtime.

If it is urgent (rarely) then the pressure is on to avoid downtime and find a fix which can be addressed properly later, but again it comes from Ops.

It's not really in engineers nature to bodge things, wrong mindset entirely
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paddy.
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:57 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Courier265 wrote:
I was ripping a box set today, got to disc 7 which was a bugger to get out of the case, broke it.... fcuk........it went snap.


What programme do you use for ripping?


Is probably quicker to download it than rip.
____________________
Current ride : Suzuki GSXR1000 L0 - Suzuki SV650 track bike - Yamaha Majesty YP250
My biking history so far
Rogerborg wrote: Whole life care for a VTR full of quadraspazzed Darrryls and Shoniq'uas cost mad dollah.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:03 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out from work on Friday so expected everything to be a mess today, I started to boot up my laptop and connect it up to various displays.... Only to find that someone has taken my VGA to HDMI adapter. I need this to do my job and nobody owned up to taking it, IT lads didn't have any spare ones either.

Also I have a cough that is giving me a headache.
____________________
Theory test - 19/8/09, CBT - 11/10/09, MOD 1 - 16/8/10, MOD 2 - 27/10/10
Past rides Yamaha XT125X, Triumph TT600, Honda XR250
Current rides Suzuki GSXR 600, Honda MSX125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:57 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
I need this to do my job and nobody owned up to taking it, IT lads didn't have any spare ones either.

Start pulling their finger nails off until someone talks Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 420, 421, 422  Next
Page 421 of 422

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: discovery (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.28 Sec - Server Load: 2.98 - MySQL Queries: 18 - CDN Objects: 57 - Page Size: 139.8 Kb