Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

B5234FT wrote:
All I've pointed out is the reason the opposition feels so strong is because in any debate, whatever your position, the vast majority of the country dont agree with you, so while it's easy to say "52% of people do" that's ignoring the basic mechanics of it and the inescapable fact that it's 25% or less of the actual human beings in the UK you could discuss it with.

But why are you pointing this out?!

It is absolutely meaningless in this whole discussion. The choice is remain or leave, totally, one or the other. It is still a binary question. That has not changed since the referendum. The EU has made it so. And we voted to leave. So WE MUST JUST LEAVE!.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I admit to not reading everything, I think the point being made is that out of the 52% of those that voted to leave (i.e. a minority of the total electorate), it is reasonable to assume that not all will have expected to leave without any deal whatsoever.

The concept is simple. The percentage of people wanting to leave with no deal whatsoever is a proportion of 52%, which in turn is a proportion of the total electorate, which is a proportion of the population as a whole....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:35 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I think the point being made is...

...pointless.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its playing with words whilst I eat my butty. Sometimes I do sudoku, sometimes I enter pointless discussions on BCF. Same end result. Butty gets eaten. Life goes on...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just Leave that here:

https://i.imgur.com/DRTyTwK.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of pointless, look who's back again ^^ Laughing

diesel dog
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:06 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ECJ ruling.

https://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf?text=&docid=208636&pageIndex=0&doclang=en&mode=req&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=1142437

Para 73. (Cause they love lots of paragraphs)

Quote:
It follows, in the first place, that, for as long as a withdrawal agreement concluded between the European Union and that Member State has not entered into force or, if no such agreement has been concluded, for as long as the two-year period laid down in Article 50(3) TEU, possibly extended in accordance with that provision, has not expired, that Member State — which enjoys, subject to Article 50(4) TEU, all of the rights and remains bound by all of the obligations laid down in the Treaties — retains the ability to revoke unilaterally the notification of its intention to withdraw from the European Union, in accordance with its constitutional requirements.

Para 74.

Quote:
In the second place, the revocation of the notification of the intention to withdraw must, first, be submitted in writing to the European Council and, secondly, be unequivocal and unconditional, that is to say that the purpose of that revocation is to confirm the EU membership of the Member State concerned under terms that are unchanged as regards its status as a Member State, and that revocation brings the withdrawal procedure to an end.

May has pulled the vote for Tuesday evening although it "may" have to go to a vote firstly to enable her to do so.

This women is clearly not all there ......

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do love to throw the 'thick racist bigot' deflection into a debate!

I know many people who voted to leave. I also know many people who voted to remain (myself included), and many who didn't vote.

Of those I know who voted to leave, I can count the 'thick racist bigots' on the fingers of one hand. The majority voted to leave under the impression that Europe needs us more than we need it and that we would be able to effect our exit on our terms. The word 'terms' is the crucial one here, because 'terms' suggests an element of discussion and an agreement.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Whilst I admit to not reading everything, I think the point being made is that out of the 52% of those that voted to leave (i.e. a minority of the total electorate), it is reasonable to assume that not all will have expected to leave without any deal whatsoever.

The concept is simple. The percentage of people wanting to leave with no deal whatsoever is a proportion of 52%, which in turn is a proportion of the total electorate, which is a proportion of the population as a whole....

Good point. Using my calculator that is exactly 12% of electorate that voted to leave the Single Market and lose FoM. 52% are actually 37% of all electorate and the SM and FoM leavers are 35% of that.

As the survey after the ref vote show here:

https://i.imgur.com/vqLflNj.jpg

You mean some unknown part of this 12% which still wnat some deal (FTA, Canada++ etc) will be ready to leave without ANY deal whatsoever.

Pretty sure we can narrow this number to 5 resident BCF brextremists Laughing

It appears the will of the people are 5 guys Shocked

Last edited by Val on 15:18 - 10 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total

diesel dog
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:17 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

With reference to a few earlier posts throwing the racist word about. You must have the wrong thread.

How on earth can a predominately white UK, be racist against a predominately white Europe?

Wow, just wow .......

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

diesel dog wrote:
With reference to a few earlier posts throwing the racist word about. You must have the wrong thread.

How on earth can a predominately white UK, be racist against a predominately white Europe?

Wow, just wow .......

Glad you have asked. Because racist have nothing to do with dictionary definition of race. Racism legal definition inlcudes nationality. BNP72 and Farage hatred to ALL poles and bulgarians for example is racist. The fact there are bad things in Bulgaria or Poland doesn't give bnp72 wildcard to be racist against all bulgarian or poles for example.

https://i.imgur.com/ThbJiv8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CHvLPxt.png

Last edited by Val on 15:25 - 10 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total

diesel dog
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:24 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do your ears make hissing sounds at times?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

diesel dog wrote:

Sorry for answering your question.

diesel dog
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:27 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
diesel dog wrote:

Sorry for answering your question.

Apology accepted ....

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Glad you have asked. Because racist have nothing to do with dictionary definition of race. Racism legal definition inlcudes nationality. BNP72 and Farage hatred to ALL poles and bulgarians for example is racist. The fact there are bad things in Bulgaria or Poland doesn't give bnp72 wildcard to be racist against all bulgarian or poles for example.

https://i.imgur.com/ThbJiv8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CHvLPxt.png

Rolling Eyes Having an opinion on immigration doesn't make you a racist, it's a numbers issue, unless numbers are racist?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was merely letting you know what people I know personally thought they were getting when voting to leave.

I couldn't possibly presume to know what you thought, nor the remainder of the 52%. However, assuming people I know are reasonably representative of those who voted (gin-palace snowflake homosexuals excepted naturally...) then it doesn't take a great leap to realise that some others will have thought the same.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The referendum said jack-shit about how people wanted to leave.

TM has deferred the vote so she can go back to the EU to 'renegotiate'...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I was merely letting you know what people I know personally thought they were getting when voting to leave.

I had this weird idea that leave voters thought they would be getting out of the EU when they voted to leave. I better cut down on the drugs Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
The referendum said jack-shit about how people wanted to leave.

And now there is only one option. Just leave. Which we should certainly do.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 214 of 523