Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 04 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, poor show. *sulks*

Well, never mind.
I'm still looking forward to it.

Yeah, I'm the same about the London spotting.
I'm like, "Isn't that ...?" and then can't quite place it.
It's all so damn familiar Cool

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone still watching The Walking Dead? They've mothballed the best character who was basically keeping the show alive Sad I'm close to bailing, I'll see where this new direction goes but I'm fairly certain its gonna be shit.

I have been watching Future Man:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/future-man-hulu-590x332.jpeg

Its got the guy from Hunger games and the moody woman from young scrubs (she's still moody). The humour is very crass which's perfect for me. Only one series (30 min' episodes) but there's another coming Thumbs Up

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Anyone still watching The Walking Dead? They've mothballed the best character who was basically keeping the show alive Sad I'm close to bailing, I'll see where this new direction goes but I'm fairly certain its gonna be shit.

I gave up watching a few series ago when I realised that I could read the reviews of each episode the morning after the US premier and not miss anything by not watching it. If an hours’ worth of program could be summed up a paragraph with no loss of narrative then something has gone wrong. The graphic novels were amazing (not caught up with them yet) but I think the show and the comics have veered quite far apart now?

House of Cards season 6 on Netflix, just started but I have already disappeared down the rabbit hole of the Underwood presidency. Dammit!

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:57 - 10 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I'm really with you on that.

I'm sick of the contrived plot devices, deep pit trap to force a situation, bridges that some dickwad leaves TNT on, wtf is next, road runner ACME anvil on Ricks bollocks?

It started out very promisingly, just like LOST, and just like LOST it's getting lost up its own arsehole.

I can't look away from a good car crash though, apparently z nation doesn't take itself as seriously, but I switched that off after 5 mins.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:50 - 11 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
M.C wrote:

I'm really with you on that.

I'm sick of the contrived plot devices, deep pit trap to force a situation, bridges that some dickwad leaves TNT on, wtf is next, road runner ACME anvil on Ricks bollocks?

It started out very promisingly, just like LOST, and just like LOST it's getting lost up its own arsehole.

I can't look away from a good car crash though, apparently z nation doesn't take itself as seriously, but I switched that off after 5 mins.

I think it was me that said that Smile Unfortunately Z Nation started taking itself seriously, they made some of the zombies 'talkers', then had a divisive election where humans wanted rid of said zombies. What does that sound like? Thinking

I'm not sure where I'm gonna get my zombie fix now Sad Fear the walking dead was alright but the last series kept jumping all over the place with the timeline; it was annoying and kinda hard to follow.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:01 - 11 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

yeah, the last episode confused me, was it the last ever? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:49 - 12 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep pretty much what I was expecting, no more the wanking dead for me Rolling Eyes

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:01 - 12 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maniac (2018, Netflix) - 8/10

Emma Stone, Jonah Hill, high budget production, sci-fi (sort of) tv series, about two people signing up for a drug trial. Without spoiling anything, it does get interesting and the locations with all the effects are very nice. The whole series feels more like a feature film, rather than a Tv show. It's definitely worth watching more episodes at once (40 min. per episode) as all the episodes create a full comprehensive story.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:56 - 12 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Maniac (2018, Netflix) - 8/10

Emma Stone, Jonah Hill, high budget production, sci-fi (sort of) tv series, about two people signing up for a drug trial. Without spoiling anything, it does get interesting and the locations with all the effects are very nice. The whole series feels more like a feature film, rather than a Tv show. It's definitely worth watching more episodes at once (40 min. per episode) as all the episodes create a full comprehensive story.

10 mins in and they're rolling out sexual harrasment panda? Confused

Edit: gave it a few episodes, it feels a bit like 'The OA' in the way it's structured. I'm confused by the technology mashup Razz I might finish it but I dunno, some bits were amusing.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:42 - 21 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daredevil Series 3 - after enjoying the first series but not the second, I decided to give this a go after seeing that The Punisher (from S2) wasn't around anymore Smile At first I enjoyed it then it started getting boring, it was a struggle to get through in the end as it felt like they'd done it all before (in the first series).

It looked like they were setting it up for a potential 4th series but I don't think I'll bother, Netflix might not either after canning magic wank hand guy and black must not kill guy (Daredevil's white " "). WTF is it with superheroes not killing people anyway Rolling Eyes

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 02 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kidding (2018) 7.5/10
(season 01, 10 episodes)

Jim Carrey is a children Tv presenter, but at the same time goes through a mental breakdown. It is not a comedy! Very refreshing performance from Carrey, whom I only know for his comedy films, he really is convincing in this. Also, lads, Judy Greer walks around topless quite a lot in this.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 02 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently getting into Suits. Pretty good.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 03 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Anyone still watching The Walking Dead?

They have gone on a Limey actor cull. Rick, Morgan and now Jesus are out of play.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 03 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
M.C wrote:
Anyone still watching The Walking Dead?

They have gone on a Limey actor cull. Rick, Morgan and now Jesus are out of play.

Morgan is on secondment on the Fear the Walking dead. As for the others, well you can't have white men in positions of power, even in a zombie apocalypse. Don't worry about Rick though, his hat lives on Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watching Nightflyers? I nearly didn't watch the second episode but I'm kinda getting into it. It's a bit weird how rather than starting in media res they give you the ending straight away (at least I assume it was) Confused

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Laughing

What utter shite and I'm loving it. Thumbs Up

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings is back on. It isn't gripping me like it used to when Ragnar was the main man, but its still better than most.

Currently watching Ozark Season 1 and enjoying that.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mars - part sci-fi, part documentary, part Greenpeace and Elon Musk propaganda it seems. I quite enjoyed the first series (they're only 6 episodes each) but the second series' dragging on, probably because I'm enjoying Nightflyers Smile

On the subject of Nightflyers I've just seen the reviews Laughing It's fairly brutal and has SJW stuff that doesn't go the way you'd expect... I'm sure that has nothing to do with the bad reviews Very Happy

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done Luther, now doing Mrs Wilson
(Ruth Wilson and Fiona Shaw again, girlcrush!)

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:59 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

just started series 3 of Inside Number 9.

I really like some episodes of the first 2, some not so much, but overall it ticks most the boxes. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:35 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I binge watched series 1 of Hannibal.

I'll probably do the same with series 2 and 3, this is seriously bloody and gruesome. I love it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being up to date with The Walking Dead, the wife and I have started to watch Fear The Walking Dead. It's good, watched season 1 so far, the family are likeable and story seems good so far. I'm a Prime customer so get seasons 1-3 gratis.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:10 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
After being up to date with The Walking Dead, the wife and I have started to watch Fear The Walking Dead. It's good, watched season 1 so far, the family are likeable and story seems good so far. I'm a Prime customer so get seasons 1-3 gratis.

I've got Prime, I keep going back to it, but so infrequently I forget who is who. It's okayish

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:48 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Done Luther

Series 5 will be four episodes (starting New Years day): https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vk2lp/broadcasts/upcoming

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw The Goodies box set for sale in Sainsburys. £40! Though Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 35 of 61