Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

News or Propaganda?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:26 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be offensive to send a vibrator to MP Jess Philips or Anna Soubry? Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:38 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have met Anna Soubry and I admire her spunk. If you chose to send her a vibrator, can I watch as she points it at you and declares you a dead man walking?

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not that bad fella. I like the fact that lefties I know call them conservative sell outs and Righties call them commies. It is pretty hilarious.

Not too bad a site https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/bbc/

Looks like current affairs today
https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/untitled_525.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 09 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a drag race? I imagine midgets riding drag queens (not in that way) but I bet I'm gonna be disappointed Smile

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i69.servimg.com/u/f69/15/13/82/47/sport11.png

Yeah totes my imagination Smile I didn't read it but one of the 'long reads' on the BBC site today was Why women have less power than you think, which I'm guessing will be as invigorating as their WW1 long read that was all about women and black people.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:29 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC gives me a different page over here than it does when I'm in the UK, news often has a yank lead story but tends to cover more international stuff on the front page.

For some reason my screenshot isn't playing ball but try this: https://www.bbc.com/news I think you lot get .co.uk as the default.

Last edited by mentalboy on 23:41 - 11 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minus the comma that forwards to the .co.uk site. Is it this one you get: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a dozen 'race' articles on the BBC sport site today, two about sexual abuse (which I understand why they're there), one about sexual discrimination and another one about a trans boxer.

Remember sport's one of the few things that unites people Neutral
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenner says Sterling takes a knee at his next match Smile Apparently racist Chelsea fan* reckons he called him a Manc' rather than black expletive Thinking That's almost as good as John Terry's I said I didn't call him a black... excuse.

*shocker btw Rolling Eyes along with a Tottenham fan throwing a banana skin.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mdf seriously? Please tell me you can see a difference between an item for sale in a supermarket and the same item being used to taunt a person by implying that he is closer to monkeys and apes than you are?
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBF I thought you were meant to throw the whole banana, maybe the fan was hungry?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Minus the comma that forwards to the .co.uk site. Is it this one you get: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/us_and_canada

Comma now removed! Nope I get that one if I click the US header on beeb.com, you guys are getting the UK default, maybe it's part of the international service that doesn't extend to you lot?

So, on tonight's front page, I have Strasburg shooting leading then Trump having a tantrum, May no confidence article, Stormy Daniels gotta pay Trump fees and Ruskie airmen making a nuisance of themselves in Venezula then a hodge podge of stuff from all over with 6 of the following 9 articles from the US page and finishing off with an article about a teen model whose picture is being used on a vibrator battery!!!

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that advertising options overseas allow the beeb to present
news rather than UK related tat Laughing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/faqs/website_changes

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to watch Leeds in the early/mid eighties so don't try to tell me why people throw bananas.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:30 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I used to watch Leeds in the early/mid eighties so don't try to tell me why people throw bananas.

It's funny Ian Wright said he was never racially abused by Tottenham fans. My question's why would it be a problem now and not then? We tend to blame the far-right who have always been there, who else are the ones continually reminding us that we're different (when we're not)?

https://preview.redd.it/vge2z3wcyk711.jpg?width=512&s=5f726b1efbf363cfb14775fd22608e54302c6d37

^also not that it matters but I thought Trippier was mixed race?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mdf are you referring to those nice young gentlemen who used to buy the Bulldog?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:44 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racism exists, of course it does, and it will never change.

It has always been the same, when there are problems in society, it is easy to blame the ones that are different for your perceived problems.

Governments have always used racism to their advantage -

The traditional way, as scapegoats as in Jews and Nazi Germany.

As a foil to force their ways through, Labour and the multicultural society.

Japan, they openly despise the outsider (and it's encouraged by the government) while smiling and bowing. It took me many years to be properly accepted there.

In countries with small amounts of ethnic minorities that I have visited, there is non/very little of the racism and outsiders are welcome.

In countries with large immigration populations there are huge racial problems and it isn't just colour and certainly not limited to honkey.

Perceived or reality - it is going to take many generations for racism to die out. In fact I suspect while there countries there will be racism.

Roll on the euro superstate and world domination.

Oh, and in football it's still rife despite what people say.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:58 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and to add that the stereo type image of a racist being the knuckledragging skinhead with an IQ of 60 might be a popular one, but I know a few very very clever people that are very racist, but being clever, they hide it very well.

I would be probably classed as racist on a populous level. I hate the ghettos that have sprung up in our major cities. I hate the fact huge sums are spent on translators because immigrants can't be arsed to learn English etc. etc.

On an individual level I have absolutely no problem. I take people as they come, whatever the colour/creed. Even the Scots. Wink

Last edited by Polarbear on 11:04 - 12 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:59 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough Polarbear. My view is that we are a racist species because we are tribal and it is a survival mechanism to distrust outsiders. Anthropologists may disagree, but hey-ho.

What sets us apart though is our ability to rationalise our thoughts and tune our actions to suit. This is why we don't attack the next village any more. When you get large groups of people and beer/pies however this 'tribalism' comes to the fore and the ability to rationalise one's thoughts diminishes, hence racism in football stadiums still. Take the racist out of the stadium, put him back into his normal environment and chances are he wouldn't say 'boo' to a black goose....

This is one of the reasons why I don't like YL. I know his kind, and he is dangerous because he has the ability to get large groups together, where latent racism can come to the fore. This excites some people (Mdam being a prime example), but not me.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6