Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More and more boat migrants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:38 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iran.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:45 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another six boat people found this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-46536332

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are Iranians risking this journey then?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Well yes, good question^^^

My other is, presuming they are Iranian and with some documents, what's to stop them buying a ferry ticket and then claiming asylum once here?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:23 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame Serbia.

Why are Iranians crossing the Channel in dinghies?

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4598344#4598344

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
^^^ Well yes, good question^^^

I actually don't know, not been watching this recently.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
My other is, presuming they are Iranian and with some documents, what's to stop them buying a ferry ticket and then claiming asylum once here?

That's why I asked the question why are we letting undocumented people in? It seems it would solve the nationality, what age are they question. I realise not everyone has documentation but when migrants are deliberately destroying their ID then we're helping create the problem.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:53 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-46607015

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's crap.

From Britain's point of view we live in an overpopulated bankrupt country yet we are expected to find room for and fund more migrants.

It just doesn't work.

Javid goes on about sustainable migration numbers. A negative migration is the only sustainable figure.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:35 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sustainable it is depends more on who's coming and who's going than whether the net migration rate is positive or negative, doesn't it?

The proposed post Brexit immigration rules sounds at least semi reasonable and campaign group Migration Watch describing them as "shocking" must mean that they're good. Mr. Green
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What world do the pro-migraters (hopefully that's a word Smile) live in? If they were all upper-class business magnates, watching increasingly disheveled workers trudge into their Victorian factories I could understand, but that doesn't seem to be the case Thinking

I wonder if it's painting a numbers issue as a race issue (which it isn't), or if it's just the same dismissive attitude you normally get from other people (Whistle), when it comes to any problem which doesn't impact them personally which means it can't possibly exist. Obviously you can also believe you're not affected when you are, you see that a lot as well.

myvision
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:23 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6520617/Stowaways-threaten-crew-container-ship-heading-Essex.html

Pirates on the Thames: Four migrant stowaways threaten crew with iron bars on ship from Nigeria as they demand vessel be moved closer to coast so they can jump off and swim to UK

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Pretty much this.
The crew found them and actually gave them food and shelter and allowed them to stay. The crew should have alerted authorities immediately regardless of which waters they were in.
Add to that, this tale of once near the UK they then felt threatened and locked themselves inside a cabin. Don't think so - ships need crew to be everywhere. Crew have to maintain equipment including engines.
The whole story is a fake one where crew were paid by whoever to smuggle them to the UK. Makes me wonder how many more ships have done this - it'd be a breeze to dock a ship and for people to escape onto/under the edge of the docks and away to freedom.
Just imagine how many people you could hide on a large freighter.

The use of 'iron' things that threatened the crew could well work against them. I've read that violence like that will see them locked into a detention center and then shipped back?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
^^ Pretty much this.
The crew found them and actually gave them food and shelter and allowed them to stay. The crew should have alerted authorities immediately regardless of which waters they were in.
Add to that, this tale of once near the UK they then felt threatened and locked themselves inside a cabin. Don't think so - ships need crew to be everywhere. Crew have to maintain equipment including engines.
The whole story is a fake one where crew were paid by whoever to smuggle them to the UK. Makes me wonder how many more ships have done this - it'd be a breeze to dock a ship and for people to escape onto/under the edge of the docks and away to freedom.

The use of 'iron' things that threatened the crew could well work against them. I've read that violence like that will see them locked into a detention center and then shipped back?

Absolutely 100% correct. It happened all the time when I was in Nigeria. There were always gangs offering money to ships crews to assist with stowaways. Ships to the US and UK were the most popular.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
^^ Pretty much this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-46665368

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're at it we can charge the ships crew with stuff too. They were in on this and allowed free illegal passage for stowaways. They failed to notify authorities that they had stowaways and were, in effect, smuggling people from one country to another.

Is it me or does the ship look strange??

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:31 - 23 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Sky documentary (surprisingly) about the migration trade into the US: https://news.sky.com/video/smuggled-to-america-human-cargo-11534534

A lot of the border's nothing more than barbed wire fencing. I thought Trumps wall was unnecessary because they already had one? Thinking

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:52 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

myvision wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6520617/Stowaways-threaten-crew-container-ship-heading-Essex.html

Pirates on the Thames: Four migrant stowaways threaten crew with iron bars on ship from Nigeria as they demand vessel be moved closer to coast so they can jump off and swim to UK

'What they want to do is reach Europe so this is there aim, so I don’t know if they knew they were in the UK, but they knew they were in Europe.'

Did one of the migrants write that article, too?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46671457

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:53 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, found the invading swarm, refusing to integrate into the culture, forming their own conclave and not learning the language Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9FggJE1HjY

And merry Christmas Mr. Green

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 24 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Things like this should be illegal except for when medically required.

You can't ban FGM (obviously this is worse than circumcision, but the principle is the saw) yet allow boys to be potentially mutilated because of cultural or religious reasons.

Perpetrators should be done for child abuse, no ifs, no buts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 205, 206, 207  Next
Page 146 of 207